Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I am not sure many young people are clueless - just jaded or cynical.

But voting for Hillary 'because she's cool' is no sillier than voting for someone because 'he looks presidential' or 'because he's black' or 'because he comes from my state' - or the biggest kicker of all - 'because he/she is a Dem/Rep'.

I don't think it is really cluelessness as much as hopelessness.

Just look at us, we are sitting here debating this for hours on end - and is it truly going to do any good?

I enjoy the exchange of ideas - and I enjoy being able to express my opinions, but push comes to shove, I think the media and the One Party will make the decisions for us.

The young people may realize that better than we do and aren't expending any energy fighting something they can't change.

Because while they seem clueless - I suggest WE seem clueless to them.

I mean, good gracious, just look at the situation in this country and ask our selves if we weren't clueless - would this country be in the shape it's in?

We certainly must have voted in some people for as assinine a reason as 'he/she's cool'.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    "We certainly must have voted in some people for as assinine a reason as 'he/she's cool'

I hate to admit it but this is the exact reason some of us
    voted for Jimmy Carter

voted for Jimmy Carter

Or Bill Clinton, or Bush I, or President Bush II, etc., etc.

If we had had a choice and had been paying attention - none of them would have gotten in office.

We can't find fault with the younger generation in that department.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    No matter how bad he turned out though I think Bush 2 was
    far better than the other choice

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    voted for Jimmy Carter

Or Bill Clinton, or Bush I, or President Bush II, etc., etc.

If we had had a choice and had been paying attention - none of them would have gotten in office.

We can't find fault with the younger generation in that department.
    Ain't that the truth!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    If they get to stay , its amnesty
    Current law requires illegal aliens go home and if they want a green card to apply from there and get at the end of the line. If they don't have to do that it is amnesty, pure and simple.

Actually Regan granted a real 100% amnesty
    There were no fines or anything associated with his plan
    Not exactly. To qualify illegals had to be here at least five years, learn some English (not much), and pay a processing fee. Yes it was pretty generous but there were a few requirements.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Actually Regan granted a real 100% amnesty
    There were no fines or anything associated with his plan
    Not exactly. To qualify illegals had to be here at least five years, learn some English (not much), and pay a processing fee. Yes it was pretty generous but there were a few requirements.
    It is also my understanding that those few petty requirements
    drew a ton of fraud also

Can you imagine the McCain plan and the fraud it will contain

I am sure there was fraud in that amnesty - but also many just didn't even bother - and they weren't deported or didn't leave.

Some are still here - and are grandparents now.

No matter how bad he turned out though I think Bush 2 was
    far better than the other choice

Well Bush and Kerry are cousins. Both members of Skull and Bones, the secret fraternity.

There is no difference in the two. if Kerry had been elected, he would have been just as dishonest as Bush. There was no right choice in that election.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123