Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A few questions to all of the members here from an observer

Ok,
    First I would like to mention that I am not here to bash or to argue. I am not a supporter of "Open Borders", so to speak. I do believe, however that we are all created equal in God's eyes. Also, I am not an immigrant myself. My grandparents were immigrants from Europe. This is where my questions and point of view comes in...

Why do you feel so strongly about the illegal immigration issues in The US?
    Is it because of security?
    Is it because of jobs?
    Or is it something else?

As far as security is concerned. As I mentioned, I am not an "Open Borders" advocate. I believe we should know who is coming in our country and should monitor for people who are considered threats to our country. I don't think good, hard working people should have to suffer for this, as many do.
    As far as jobs are concerned, I, personally, am 100% positive that I am a good enough worker at what I do. I am not at all concerned about losing my job to an immigrant or a non-immigrant. Why should we fear that? If you know that you are the best at what you do, you should not worry. That is my opinion. If someone comes along who is better than you, then you fell short of doing your part. If I was a business owner, I would higher the BEST person to fill the position. It is YOUR job to be the best at what you do.

Here is a scenario:

You were born in the USA.
    Jose was born in Peru.

Does that make you a better person than Jose?
    No. It does not.

Jose has lived the same GOOD life that you have. He went to school. He works hard. He is married and has children. Jose's daughter ends up here in the USA (LEGALLY) She is now a US resident. She is going to get married here in the US. Jose attempts to LEGALLY come to the US to attend his daughters wedding. He gets denied by the Embassy. (Sorry Jose, Try again in 6 months.. Denied again.)

That scenario doesn't have to be a wedding. It could be that Jose's daughter is gravely ill in a hospital in the US and he is only trying to visit his daughter. But he is denied. I'm sure any father could sympathize with that. It is only human that a father would want to attend his daughters wedding or visit his sick family member in the hospital. But he can't. Why? Because he is a bad person? No. Because of where he is born. That is just not right.

Also... How many people want to come here from other countries because there are no jobs in their country? All they want is an opportunity to make an honest living for themselves and their families. (Just as my grandparents did. And probably most of your ancestors as well.) And they are denied that. Is that right? Is that fair? I don't think so. Denying HONEST, GOOD people entrance here. You wouldn't like it if it was your family member. Is it ok to start turning the good people away now... Is it ok now because you and your relatives are already here? Is that why?

I know that most people here are for protecting the borders and all. As I mentioned, I agree with that. But, I also think if we are going to take a stance on something, we need to look into the bigger picture. Why are so many good, law abiding people denied access? It could be you, me, your parents or grandparents and so on... I mean think about it for a second. Most US Citizens can get up in the morning and go where ever they want to in the world without having to wait on a 6 month long waiting list and to go to an interview only to get denied. We can go where we want, when we want. And they don’t have that same right as us. Why? Because of where they were born? Is that ok? "Ok.. I can go to Mexico whenever I want! And they better treat me like a king!" but " God forbid they come here and take OUR jobs away!" Sounds pretty elitist to me.

Now, I know this is probably falling on deaf ears, but just think about all the good people that are caught in this mess. Think about your rights and privileges to come and go as you please. Things that we usually take for granted. Then, put yourself in their shoes.

You say that you are Americans for Legal Immigration. But are you also Americans for DENYING the good people of the world LEGAL Immigration? Because that is the big picture. And that is what is happening.

Why do I feel strongly about the immigration issue? One word: Population! Population! Population! (or does that count as three). Let me put it this way (and feel free to give me an answer to this query, Roberto): The U.S. Census Bureau projects that 18 million new immigrants will come flooding into California over the next 20 years. Can you tell me where the ENDLESS MILLIONS OF NEW HOMES ARE WHERE THESE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO LIVE????

Thats the equivalent of 20 cities the size of San Francisco. Now, we ALREADY have a severe housing shortage and homeless crisis every where in California. Heres my point: LETS FIND HOMES FOR THE MILLIONS OF AMERICAN CITIZENS WHO ARE ALREADY HOMELESS BEFORE WE INVITE MILLIONS OF FOREIGNERS TO MAKE THEIR HOMES HERE!

(P.S. I know I'm being boring and repititous to keep raising this question, its just that I've yet to get an answer from the Open Borders lobby.

I don't think good, hard working people should have to suffer for this, as many do.
    Do you think the good, hardworking citizens here should have to pay the medical, education, and welfare expenses of people who are here illegally?

What about the cost keeping criminal illegal aliens in US jails?

And how many people should be allowed to come here illegally? As many as want to?

Does a nation have any right to control it's borders, or is that an outmoded idea?
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

"Denying the good people of the world immigration"??? Roberto, that has got to be one of the most assinine things I've heard since yesterday. Do you feel the people of the world have a "right" to immigrate to America? Do you feel Americans have an "obligation" to allow them to immigrate to America? And speaking of immigration: WE'RE ALREADY ALLOWING A LEVEL OF MASS IMMIGRATION THAT IS UNPRECEDENTED IN HUMAN HISTORY. So spare me your soppy sermonettes that imply we're somehow not doing enough for the "people of the world." If the people of the world want to live in great countries, then why don't they build their OWN damn great countries,as opposed to attaching themselves to the one WE built. Hmm, Robeto?

But are you also Americans for DENYING the good people of the world LEGAL Immigration? Because that is the big picture. And that is what is happening.
    You'll have to explain this to me.

Evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    But are you also Americans for DENYING the good people of the world LEGAL Immigration? Because that is the big picture. And that is what is happening.
    You'll have to explain this to me.

Evidence?
    Basically hes saying we should let every single person into America that wants to enter, basically have no controls, no visa limits, no number limit etc.

Am I correct?

I thought he was saying we don't let any legal immigrants in.

Looks like he's gone away, though, so I guess I'll never find out.

In Canada

we also don't like illegal immigrants but we dont' have the same problem that you do in the US

Question: Answer

Roberto; It is about the Rule of Law.... and Equality Under It. naturalglenn

Acebackwords,
    I absolutely understand your point. But as soon as I look back in history, I realize that our population has been growing for years. Since the 1700's there has been debate about overpopulation. But with all that said, one would think that as the population continues to rise, the quality of life will decline. It seems to be just the opposite. The quality of life here in the US continues to rise. If overpopulation is the cause of decay of society, then why is the US one of the most advanced countries in the world? I believe that we are (don't quote me on this) 3rd in the world in population.. I beleive that this is due to contributions made by the people who are here.

Quote Originally Posted by Acebackwords
    Why do I feel strongly about the immigration issue? One word: Popoulation! Population! Popluation! (or does that count as three). Let me put it this way (and feel free to give me an answer to this query, Roberto): The U.S. Census Bureau projects that 18 million new immigrants will come flooding into California over the next 20 years. And you tell me where the ENDLESS MILLIONS OF NEW HOMES ARE WHERE THESE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO LIVE????

Thats the equivalent of 20 cities the size of San Francisco. Now, we ALREADY have a severe housing shortage and homeless crisis every where in California. Heres my point: LETS FIND HOMES FOR THE MILLIONS OF AMERICAN CITIZENS WHO ARE ALREADY HOMELESS BEFORE WE INVITE MILLIONS OF FOREIGNERS TO MAKE THEIR HOMES HERE!

(P.S. I know I'm being boring and repititous to keep raising this question, its just that I've yet to get an answer from the Open Borders lobby.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast