Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Fighting an uphill battle!!

I have been reading as much as I can on this issue of illegal immigration. I have also been to many sites about this topic, and just found this site couple of weeks ago. I find everyone here to share my view on illegal immigration and appreciate that we all come from different background and political views, but still come together respectfully and intelligently discuss this very important topic.

I am naturalized citizen. Even though I have been in this country since 1977(legally), I only chose to become a citizen in 1993. Being a citizen of this country, is a choice I take very seriously. Since becoming a citizen, I have become more involved with what is going on within my country.

I am fighting an uphill battle within my family. My husband who is an American, is in the opposite camp when it comes to this issue. My second son(19) think that I am being a racist whenever I mention this issue and think that this issue does not effect him at all since he is studying to become a doctor. My oldest son (21) is too busy trying to survive day to day working as a waiter to even care about this issue or any other issue for that matter. He feels that our government is so corrupted, there is nothing he can do to make a difference. My daughter(16) is only one who seem to sympathize with my point of view.

I refuse to believe that the illegal immigrates are doing the jobs that American won't do! Even though I am currently working as a programmer, I remember working in the plastic factory with hard working American. young and old, doing jobs that "American won't do" I remember working as dish washer, with other American students, doing jobs that "American won't do". I remember working at dry cleaner pressing clothes with other young/old American, doing jobs that "American won't do". Are the politicians telling our young American that even though they are willing to die for this country, but they will not get their hands dirty with jobs "Americans won't do"? How insulting!! If all the jobs in these country came with the same basic benefit and pay as being an enlist military personnel, there will be no shortage of willing Americans lined up for any job opennings!

I refuse to believe that we should reward anyone for breaking the law. Even my children knows that if they do the crime, they will do the time! Don't we all as law abidding citizen, want the same from our own citizen and from all immigrates? Don't we as a country have a say in who becomes an American? Don't we teach our children when they are a guest at their friends house, they need to not only be at their best of behaviour, but also need to follow their friend's parent rules? I have told my children, whenever they are visiting their friends, their parents have the right and obligation to enforce their rule on my children. So if we can expect this minimal behaviour from our children, why is that we can't expect this from our "guest". I believe till a person becomes a citizen, you are still a guest. Aren't they as permanent resident/legal immigrate, still carrying a foreign passport? Till you have gain the ablility and the priviliege to be an American, you are a guest in this country. What kind of message are we sending our children if we tell them it is OK to follow the laws only when it is convenient to them.

American are very generous to our guests. We treat our guests with respect and provide our guest with all benefits and more. All we ask of them are; wait to be invited into our house/country! Do not sneak into our house and then tell us that we are being rude when we tell you to go home!

Why is having X.X%(put whatever the current number is) of unemployment acceptable? Doesn't this number mean there are American out there looking for a job and can't find any? We should be working towards getting all American who wants to work a way of having a good paying job. Why are we telling our uneducated American that they are worse than the illegal immigrate, that we value illegals more than our citizen? Why are we telling 40% of umemployed young black men that they are worse than the illegals? WHAT ARE WE TELLING OUR POOR AMERICAN, UNEDUCATED AMERICAN AND AMERICAN MINORITIES? THAT THEY ARE WORSE THAN THE ILLEGALS? Shame on the politicians!!

Enforce the current law!! Very simple!

I am sorry this is so long, but I am so MAD!! Thank you for listening.
    Sungyun

Are the politicians telling our young American that even though they are willing to die for this country, but they will not get their hands dirty with jobs "Americans won't do"? How insulting!! If all the jobs in these country came with the same basic benefit and pay as being an enlist military personnel, there will be no shortage of willing Americans lined up for any job opennings!
    welcome to the fight and I agree with you, the President and many in Congress have insulted the American people -- the willingness to give your life for your fellow countrymen is the job most politicians and illegals won't do but the very young and old citizens of this country do
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

I agree with the simplicity....just enforce the laws we have on this issue. We wouldn't be wasting all of this time and money debating it again. But congress has wasting time and money down to an art!
    "Remember the Alamo!"

Welcome! It is a slap in the face to all legal immigrants the way this government is catering to the illegals. My sister-in-law is a legal immigrant from the island of Yap. She loves this country and truly appreciates citizenship because of all the hoops she had to jump through to obtain it.

Welcome, 4MyKids,

Glad you found this site! We're mad, too, but here have found a support system for the most important effort ahead...saving our great nation.

My reason (besides the greater good and my country) for all my work, is my family and my grandson. I don't want their futures being given away.

Ask for support and help. Somebody on the site will know how to answer any question.

Again, welcome
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

I am so happy to be here. I am trying to educate my fellow workers too. They all have the same view as I do, but being young (20-30), it is hard to get them motivated to some kind of action. Thanks to ALIPAC for all the work it is doing on our behalf and for all our American who do not have voices yet!

4mykids
    Are the politicians telling our young American that even though they are willing to die for this country, but they will not get their hands dirty with jobs "Americans won't do"? How insulting!! If all the jobs in these country came with the same basic benefit and pay as being an enlist military personnel, there will be no shortage of willing Americans lined up for any job opennings!
    There's another thing we can copy and paste into an email and send it to :
    comments@whitehouse.gov

Thank you, 4mykids. I feel sure that you came to the right place to stand up for our country AND most definitely 4 our AMERICAN kids !!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

4mykids,

Just an afterthought.

Are you aware of www.NumbersUSA.com or www.Congress.org ?

NumersUSA is a great site, also.
    Congress.org is an easy place from which to send free emails to your congressfolk, once you set it up.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

The bill that the senate just passed and what our government is doing defies all logic. These people came into this country illegally, the have committed felony crimes, forging documents, stealing documents, welfare fraud, sign papers saying they are U.S. citizens to get free medical and free services, etc. They are allowed to commit crimes and then run back to their country and hide. Law enforcements hands have been tied. Our government has taught them that they can break the law in this country and get away with it and the majority of them have become habitual criminals. If they make them legal they will still believe they are above the law, it will make no difference. I cannot comprehend how they think they are going to have a large sector of society that refuses to obey the law because that is exactly what is going to happen. People who come into your country and disregard your laws, rebel against authority and do whatever they want are insurgents not guest workers. People who march in your streets with foreign flags demanding rights and rebelling against U.S. policy, demanding that laws be changed to their liking are not guest or guest workers. Just like a child, you cannot let him do whatever he wants and then one day say ok, today you start obeying your parents, it just doesn't work that way.

sawdust, I agree with you 100%!! Our government is so off the mark, sometimes I am left speechless.
    JThese people came into this country illegally, the have committed felony crimes, forging documents, stealing documents, welfare fraud, sign papers saying they are U.S. citizens to get free medical and free services, etc.
    I can't imagine why our politicians would think that these illegals who have been getting away with so much, will suddenly will do everything lawfully!! What are they thinking?!!

Are these the kind of "American" we want? I think NOT!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast