Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Finally back in the saddle

Howdy folks! Finally got settled in Michigan, north, way north of Detroit. It's a shame what the city has degenerated to, but what can you do? Too much government, and criminal activity, and there goes the whole nieghborhood. I got my uncle settled into a nice rural place with 5 acres, plenty of deer and turkey, and fishin' 5 minutes from home if it's too rough on the big lake (Huron). So it looks like I got some catching up to do, on the posts. No t.v. or internet for 11 months and one really falls behind. But there was a lot of work that needed to be done here. Mowing 5 acres with a riding mower is fine unless it's 3 feet tall to start with. Trimmed up the trees, put in new hardwood laminate flooring, painting the place, and a myriad of other things. Plus also helping my other uncles with their cars like my one uncle's PT Cruiser that I've worked on 5 times now since march. That's different things that have broken down, and he still needs to get a new driver's seat as the airbag is bad on it, and keeps triggerring a code. So much for being a 2004 model.

Also am involved with the local Tea Party folks, and am going to help teach a course with teacher on the Constitution, at his request. His wife made the suggestion since I've been studying it for the last 15 years. Re-educating really is more like it from the dreaded public school education I was indoctrinated with.

Anyways, I noticed I have a ton of p.m.'s to read.

Good to be back!

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Great to have you back Hylander. A lot going on.

Welcome back to the mothership, Hylander! Need all the help we can get these days with amnesty seemingly right around the corner, plus health insurance for illegals, plus, plus, plus.....!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hylander wrote:
    Also am involved with the local Tea Party folks, and am going to help teach a course with teacher on the Constitution, at his request. His wife made the suggestion since I've been studying it for the last 15 years. Re-educating really is more like it from the dreaded public school education I was indoctrinated with.
    Welcome back, Hylander. Good job studying the Constitution, especially since you've been doing so for the past 15 years. I think many of us Americans have been sort of negligent in not knowing enough about it, and not fighting hard enough to have it upheld, until recently.

And thank-you for trying to UN-indoctrinate our public-school-educated citizens.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Hylander wrote,
    Howdy Hylander. That is great news, and glad to hear all is going well up there in the north woods.

Looking forward to your posts and your sharing of knowledge concerning the Constitution and the interpretations that will come from someone (sane) other than a lawyer or politician. It was written for the commoner to understand, yes?

Hey Hylander great to have you back...looks like you are up and running again thats wonderful, prepare for an amnesty fight the first of the year

So glad all is working out for you!!

We have had quite a few people coming back that have taken a break for a while, but things are beginning to heat up again sooo glad they are all getting back in the fight.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    Hylander wrote:
    Welcome back, Hylander. Good job studying the Constitution, especially since you've been doing so for the past 15 years. I think many of us Americans have been sort of negligent in not knowing enough about it, and not fighting hard enough to have it upheld, until recently.

And thank-you for trying to UN-indoctrinate our public-school-educated citizens.
    Don't be too rough yourself on that one. We are all the byproducts of government sponsered educations. And we've been bamboozled by it. I just was fortunate enough to see a few things superficially happen to myself and others, and then the nasty I.D. theft that turned the world upside down for me, and I really started asking questions, and decided to educate myself.

A good one that helps to put it perspective is Dr. Edwin Vieira Jr. He has done some good articles under the "Constitutional Corner" articles in the New American Magazine. And things that I was uncertain of, reading and listening to him in interviews put a good light on them.

Amazingly, the Declaration of Independence is only two to three pages in length, depending on how large your type is, and the Constituin is only about 4 pages long, and these are the least read things in the country by the general population. Not on purpose mind you, but by design. The more ignorant a people the more unjust and visious they become, and as Ben Franklin said, "the more they are in need of masters". Honestly the, The Federalist Papers, Common Sense, and the Anti Federalist Papers are much more in depth and require more time to imbibe. Why they are called the Anti Federalist befuddles me personally though, as even my 17 year old daughter pointed out, there really isn't anything "anti federalist" in the book. It is a collection of letters and speeches and essays between the delegates as to the best way to divide the power structure between the central state and local powers.

Another good one to look up is Congressman Louis T. McFadden, and his speeches on the floor of the House of Representatives 1932 to 1936, and the things he points out then that are very similar to today. He touches on money imports exports or the lack of, our industry base getting destroyed by low cost imports, the theft of our gold, and on and on. He even makes mention of 71,000 dwelling homes and farm going up on the auction block and their owners being dispossessed in Oakland County Michigan in one day. And their children being thrust into the reinstituion of the age old business of slavery. Not literally like what happenned in the past, but that they will be yoked to the corporations and the company store. I've looked for the links I used to have, but can't find them. I think Wikipedia might have him listed and some links.

Sorry to hear about Lou Dobbs. But with CNN, well they're not much better than MSLSD. But they also serve other masters too. I do hope he gets hooked up some place else.