Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

To: PatrioticSandra
    Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:55 am

TRANSLATED

Today President Felipe Calderon maintained a telephone conversation with the U.S. president, George W. Bush, with the purpose to exchange opinions on diverse themes of interest on bilateral relations.

The U.S. recognized the work of the Government of Mexico in matter of fighting organized crime, and he reiterated his confidence in the inclusion of resources on the Mérida Initiative in the budget that the American President presented yesterday before the Congress of that country.

President Calderon, in turn, underlined the importance regarding the battle against weapons traffiking, inside the framework of the common fight against organized crime.

Both leaders exchanged opinions on the economic situation in Mexico and the US. President Bush declared his confidence in which the recently approved stimulus package will impact and benefit businesses as well as the American consumers, which will give stability to the commercial and economic relations among both countries.

President Calderon, in turn, commented on his work visit, in the event that the Mexica Congress authorizes it, in which he will visit the United States, underlining that he will reiterate the commitment of its Government for the defense of the interests of the Mexicans in the US.

Both leaders confirmed their interest to meet in New Orleans in April in the framework of the Leaders of North America Summit, as well as to continue talking about issues of great importance for the bilateral relations as well as migration, the promotion of commercial and financial links and the fight against organized crime, among others.

I got this in a PM
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

then who added this lParagraph...
    I typed it word for word after hitting ...Left click , Page, Translate to english

The president Calderon, for his part, commented on the working visit in the event that congress authorized, forthcoming to the American Union, stressing that during the same reiterate the commitment of his Government to defend the interests of Mexicans in the United States.
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

Quote Originally Posted by MyAmerica
    "Let me say that I've heard that story and there's not a lot of truth to it,"[/b] Clinton responded, adding that if it was real she would kill it in a "bird-dog minute."
    I wish at that point the woman had asked to explain the Trans-Texas Corrider that is already under construction.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticSandra
    then who added this lParagraph...
    I typed it word for word after hitting ...Left click , Page, Translate to english

The president Calderon, for his part, commented on the working visit in the event that congress authorized, forthcoming to the American Union, stressing that during the same reiterate the commitment of his Government to defend the interests of Mexicans in the United States.

It looks like Calderon is referencing the fact that Congress has to 'authorize' the 'forthcoming North American Union", according to the translation. Am I translating the translation correctly?

I could be very, very wrong, but I thought that everything I've read over the years says that, because the NAU is an AGREEMENT and not a piece of legislation, it does not have to be ratified by Congress.

Nau

Treaties are agreements. I don't get why NAU does not have to be authorizied by Congress. It is an agreeement between sovereign states - at the moment. Bush may thnk since it is an economic treaty it does not need to be ratified.

Besides, Congress passed a law before Christmas saying Bush could not bring in American trucking. He did anyway, saying he read the law differently. Congress is doing squat. They should immediately pass a law telling the Mexicans truckers to go back home.

In fact, Bush and the Neo Cons are now on notice that Americans will rise up if they try to integrate in any obvious way.
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

As part of the Mexico. Neo Con, Dem, La Raza (The Race) pr offensive this month, ex President Vicente Fox spoke in MO and indicated that Mexicans do not want US citizenship, just to legally work here.
    You are absolutely right, Bettybb!

They want to take as much as they can from US taxpayers (jobs, free benefits, etc.) and they don't want to pay for any of it.

If we're going to have open borders, then we'd have to send back most of the illegals from Mexico, to let other nationalities in, anything else would be racism.

I say let's get started!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

William are you aware of this:

The President of EUA recognized the work of the Government of Mexico in the matter of fight against the organized crime, and reiterated his confidence in the inclusion of resources for the Mérida Initiative in the budget that the American Executive presented/displayed the day of yesterday before the Congress of that country.

The Merida Initiative is $1.4 billion dollars for Mexico to secure their southern border. They gut 3 billion out of the omnibus bill for our southern border but WE AMERICAN TAXPAYERS GIVE $1.4 BILLION TO MEXICO FOR THEIR SOUTHERN BORDER.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123