Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A fine Point...Illegal Immigrant?

I know this is kind of a fine point, but it has bothered me for some time.

A while back the supporters of illegal aliens starting calling them illegal immigrants. From a technical standpoint I don't think there is any such thing as illegal immigrant. How can you be illegal and an immigrant at the same time? I noticed that Secretary Michael Chertoff used the term illegal aliens in his new conference. Also, the INS does not have an official category of illegal immigrant on their papers that charge violation of immigrantion laws. When the INS returns illegals they are returned as illegal aliens.

So, for me this is just a legal definition, and illegal alien is the correct term.

Of course all legal immigrants that pursue citizenship by the correct path are welcome additions to this great country.

You are absolutely right!

Immigrants are not illegal aliens and illegal aliens are not immigrants. Alien means foreigner and illegal alien means illegal foreigner and immigrant means legal foreigner, not illegal alien. The U.S. immigration laws define illegal aliens as illegal aliens and immigrants as legal aliens.

As for illegal-alien sympathizers, they use lies, dishonesty, deceit, and any hypocrisy that they can get away with.

That's why the started calling illegal aliens "immigrants" because they KNEW that immigrants are legal aliens. They want illegal aliens called "legal aliens" so as to confuse and divide the opposition and so as to blur the distinction between illegal alien and legal alien/immigrant so they can continue to falsely claim that they are acting on behalf of immigrants, that is, on behalf of legal aliens, but they conveniently forget to mention the illegal aliens who are criminals because they illegally entered our country and illegally remained and other illegal actions.

Illegal aliens ARE criminals, according to U.S. immigration law, no less.

Also, you shouldn't HAVE to add the word "legal" to the word "immigrant" because an immigrant IS legal. This only happened because of illegal-alien criminal sympathizers using the word "immigrant" and also other people using the word "illegal immigrant". There is NO such thing as an "ILLEGAL immigrant". That would be like saying an "illegal" legal alien.

Yes....and if I'm not mistaken an immigrant freely and willingly gives-up basicly his homeland and adopts the land and customs etc. of the land they are going to. They wish to settle in and become a part of. Not go job hunting and try to change customs, laws, etc. It's kind of like wanting to be married and all that that has to offer and still wanting to be single with all it has to offer.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

For starters, one of the issue I think we need to also hit in this fight, is and end to people being allowed to hold dual citizenship.

As to the term illegal immigrant...it is yet another one of those attempts to reframe the perception of those who broke our laws to be here in the hopes of adding strength to their cause of staying here. We have undocumented workers, undocumented immigrants, even undocumented citizens as some examples.

They will do anything to avoid the term alien, and for the most part also the word illegal. It is the flip side of our government trying to avoid the use of the word Amnesty, while at the same time doing everything they can to force it down our throats, with of course the latest attempt being the so called EARNED CITIZENSHIP. The Senate in my opinion showed their true callousness towards lower and middle class Americans when they called for illegal aliens to be issued GOLD CARDS.

Perhaps it is time we created some terms of our own to define the debate more to our liking...after all, if you think about it, reading about undocumented workers if far less triggering than reading about illegal aliens. So, here are a few, and hope we as a group could come up with some more.

Border Jumping Law Breakers (BJLB's)
    Illegal Scab Laborers (ISL's)
    Illegal Corporate Class Buster's (ICCB's)
    Border Busting Bad Boy's (BBBB"s) nick named the twin double B's.
    The Steal Your Life Task Force

Can see the stories now if some of these terms were adopted by the major press reporters:

Today, the Border Patrol detained and deported 153 Border Jumping Law Breakers outside of Tucson at a Day Labor site operated by Catholic Charities. These illegal scab laborer's were standing in line to fill positions at several local construction sites, and this reporter saw several of these boder busting bad boy's head off in a local landscapers panel van to spend the day planting scrubs in the city park. The Steal Your Life Task Force was quoted as saying, "give these poor folks a chance, they are only trying to have a better life, and it is not their fault if they are willing to undercut the wages of American workers to get their foot in the door."

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.