Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

FIRST OHIO CITY TO BE ADDED TO SANCTUARY CITY LIST

Folks, I hope you enjoyed your 4th of July Holiday.

Today I added the first Ohio city to OJJPAC's Sanctuary Cities, USA list. Since I am from Ohio, I was not pleased to have to do this. Other Ohio cities may be added in the near future.

Many other updates to the List have been completed within the past few weeks, so if you have copied and posted an old list to a blog (like many have), you may want to post an updated list.

You can view the Sanctuary Cities, USA list here:

http://www.ojjpac.org/sanctuary.asp

Any cities you believe should be listed...forward source of information and the name of the city or political subdivision. Or you may also point out errors (submit evidence for errors too).

Steve
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

My daughter lives in Ohio........which city?

Steve:

I don't see Ohio included in your list of states with sanctuary cities. Which Ohio city opened their gates to the illegal aliens.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ohio

Columbus, OH (7/5/07 Source: 5/10/07 Columbus Dispatach article stating illegal aliens in misdemeanor cases are not reported to ICE)
    "We are not for any type or form of "AMNESTY"..We are a equal oppurtunity deporter. We will not discriminate against you due to your race/age/religion .. "

Sorry...there was a delay in downloading to the server. Latest list is now available on the web!
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC

The citizens of Ohio need to understand that once a city declares itself a sanctuary, it is like ringing a dinner bell. Columbus will be swamped with illegals and the rest of the state will end up having to help foot the bill for this foolishness. The residents of Illinois have learned this the hard way. People must be made aware that their hard earned tax dollars will be going to pay for the illegals whether they live in Columbus or not.

camilleinchicago wrote:
    The citizens of Ohio need to understand that once a city declares itself a sanctuary, it is like ringing a dinner bell.
    Wonderful analogy Camille.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Banned
    NOT IN MY STATE I don’t believe that for one second ….I was in Columbus a few weeks back . There may be a few things slipping through… but that just means we need to bring it to the proper authorities.
    what is adding that city to a list going to do ???

Dont jump the gun. I find it hard to belive that our Good Gov. would knowing allow anything like that to go on and neither will the people of this GREAT STATE

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph
    Ohio

Columbus, OH (7/5/07 Source: 5/10/07 Columbus Dispatach article stating illegal aliens in misdemeanor cases are not reported to ICE)

Steve, I'm not sure this makes Columbus a santuary city, since ICE typically will not pick up illegal aliens with only a misdemeanor charge. However, I do believe the Columbus Dispatch has slanted reporting in favor of illegal aliens. Rarely does it refer to "illegal aliens", but illegal immigrants or undocumented workers.

One rarely reads a follow up article in the Dispatch, regarding the an illeagals crime. Usually his photo is not in the paper.

A couple of organizations are working locally to help illegals get jobs and benefits.

I suspect the numbers of illegals will increse, rather than decrease. I have been encouraging our local polititians to enforce our immigration laws. It's an issue most of them want to ignore.

I think the Sheriff will eventually need to apply for the federal program to arrest and hold illegal aliens. Unfortunately, I doubt if the present sheriff supports this. I've emailed his office and never get a reply. I think he's up for re-election, so I may get the opportunity to personally ask him about it.

Keep up the good work.

The quote that the police don't notify ICE of illegal aliens in Columbus charged with misdemeanors was in the Columbus Dispatch. The article can be found on OJJPAC.org., Ohio New section, I think a 5-2 or 5-10 article.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast