Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    I will call the local i.c.e. office in the morning and see if i can make some heads or tails out of this one and get back to you on thls...

Terry,

Columbus is by de facto a sanctuary city because it carries out a policy that prevents illegal aliens, albeit non-felons, from being disclosed or turned over to ICE.

I have no knowledge of ICE preventing the Columbus police from contacting them about illegal aliens. If they do have such a policy it is wrong and does not give Columbus police license to look the other way when they come in contact with illegal aliens, especially when it involves breaking the law.

I can tell you that in a suburb of Cuyahoga County, some illegals were involved in a moving violation and they went to jail and ICE was called to pick them up. That is how it should work.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

My daughter lives 1/2 hr from Columbus, in Chillicothe. There are a lot of illegals around there also. The sheriff is a close friend....I'll have to ask her if they have 287g.

Girlygirl,

Hi! Please encourage your daughter to visit OJJPAC and keep me posted on what's going on in her area.

Also, encourage the sheriff to report illegals if they don't already. Ohio has a couple of sheriffs that are doing a great job to enforce the law and we need more.

Thanks!

Steve
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Sanctuary city officials and church official are guilty of aiding and abetting illegal aliens in breaking the law and should be held accountable for committing a felon. Why are they not charged? Our immigration laws do not work because they are never enforced.

Section 274 felonies under the federal Immigration and Nationality Act, INA 274A(a)(1)(A):
    A person (including a group of persons, business, organization, or local government) commits a federal felony when she or he:
    * assists an alien s/he should reasonably know is illegally in the U.S. or who lacks employment authorization, by transporting, sheltering, or assisting him or her to obtain employment, or
    * encourages that alien to remain in the U.S. by referring him or her to an employer or by acting as employer or agent for an employer in any way, or
    * knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12