Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Flag Day, Today, My Personal Illegal Immigrant Experience

FLAG DAY 2010

It was just this past Flag Day that I took my daughter shopping for groceries. I got up and knew it was flag day, and had my flag flying from my rear window in my car along with my personal Red White and Blue Arizona license plate.

I got up that morning and was in a great spirit and thought nothing of putting on my flag tee-shirt for the day. Well, that all changed in record time, however I didn't let anyone know how disturbed I was.

We went to a store that recently was raided if you will on an Illegal Immigration search by Joe Arpaio's Department looking for Illegal Immigrants. The store has great fruit and meat prices and that is where my daughter wanted to do her shopping.

It became apparent after going through the isles for a couple of minutes that many hispanic people were either snarling at me or flipping me off, or speaking in fluent Spanish as soon as they saw the front of my shirt where the flag was of which the back was solid white. My daughter and I spent our hard earned money at this store and have for years. Never before the SB1070 Law have I drawn so much attention nor have I been treated that way in that store.

I must say there were a few, and I do mean a few Hispanics that approached me and told me they liked my shirt and spirit and they were grateful to have gone through the process to become Legal American Citizens. That part was a redeeming part of the day for me.

Then when we were done, we walked out to my car and someone had shredded the flag that was on my rear window. We loaded our groceries and drove away. I immediately went to the first store that I knew would have the car flags and purchased and replaced the shredded one. That was then.

THIS WAS TONIGHT

Tonight my daughter called me and an Illegal Immigrant came to their door and knocked. Her and my son-in-law and grandkids went to the door. The man in very broken English asked if they would please sign his piece of paper to help him fight the SB1070 Law. My daughter having learned a lot from her mom asked if he was aware of what SB1070 was and his response was nada. He did start to raise his voice and stated that she HAD TO SIGN HIS PIECE OF PAPER OR "YOU PEOPLE" will use it against our people to racially profile us.

She then told him she was a U.S. Citizen and asked if he was a Legal Immigrant. He then put his papers in his folder and ran off and as he was running started speaking and yelling in fluent Spanish.

I guess my point to sharing this with all of you is that I am strong in my beliefs and am willing to fight for what I believe in and now I'm watching my child keep her values she's been taught when she was younger being put into action, so, I'm very proud of her.
    [b]My loyalty is to the United States of America. I have no loyalty to politicians. I will watch over, care for, respect, honor, pray for and never forget her history ~~Sher~~

Right on Sher! I read your story with interest. My place of residence is in South Dakota, and if i could, I would make a trip to the Grand Canyon right now just for the sake of supporting Arizona. I will also say that your experience in that store, and the display of hate among the majority of the Latinos at the sight of an American flag on someone's shirt is yet another clue the threat we are under. Unfortunately, some people don't get it. But, if Arizona wins the Supreme Court case, (if it goes that far) and other states follow suit, maybe foreigners will have a little more respect for us once they figure out the United States has a backbone.

That's my wishful vision, anyway. Hats off to you for standing firm in such a hostile environment.

She then told him she was a U.S. Citizen and asked if he was a Legal Immigrant. He then put his papers in his folder and ran off and as he was running started speaking and yelling in fluent Spanish.
    I wish I could have been there to see that!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bridget,

Your response was truly appreciated with a smile, thank you! I love South Dakota and have been in all of our states but there. Deadwood has so much history and is amazing. I met many great people as I travelled through South Dakota.

I appreciate your wishing you could come to Arizona to support us. Thank you for that, however as you know by this site there are many other ways people out of state can help us.

Write letters and make your voice heard to your representatives both locally, in your state and in D.C. Submit stories and opinions to your local press or national networks.

You are SO RIGHT! ! ! We are under such a great threat and there are still so many out there that are clueless. I have no doubt that the Supreme Court lawsuit won't happen. Just another way of wasting our money, as our law is in line with the Federal Immigration Law that being the FEDERAL LAW THAT WASHINGTON REFUSES TO ENFORCE.

It truly seems as though Obama is doing everything in his power to gut our backbone and make us look weak to the world.

In closing just before Memorial Day I bought all different types of shirts with our United States Flag on them and now have a wardrobe of them, and lol, rest assured when I go out shopping or am doing other things I always wear one of those shirts.

Bridget, thank you for writing and making my day.
    [b]My loyalty is to the United States of America. I have no loyalty to politicians. I will watch over, care for, respect, honor, pray for and never forget her history ~~Sher~~

NoBueno,

I wish you had been there to witness that also. Funny thing is my daughter and her family had two chairs on their front porch that represented American Flags and he was still out there enough to not figure they weren't going to sign anything.

Thanks for writing and have a nice day.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Sher, good for you and for her. My 27 year old is yet to let herself be moved by what is going on. She might occassionally, but it is infrequent to my dislike.

My two youngest are the ones who already, at almost 13 and almost 17 to speak out about this issue.

Bridget, this is so. They need to see we do have a backbone, state by state, so they know we are fed-up and not going to accomodate their insult to us anymore.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AmericanElizabeth,

Thank you, but how my daughter that is also 27 was raised along with my boys is basically the beliefs I instilled in them. I do have another daughter in her 30's and she could care less about any issue unless it's about her little world in her home and all about her. That is sad, but I am proud of the others.

It's wonderful that your teens are definitely headed in the right direction what with being that young and caring. That must make you feel great.

It's like my children we can teach them and lead the way but they will either get it or not and there's nothing we can do but direct them as they grow. You sound like a wonderful mother.

I too agree with Bridget, more Americans need a backbone and need to stand up for what they believe in and understand IF THEY DON'T STAND FOR SOMETHING THE DAY WILL COME THEY JUST MIGHT NOT STAND AT ALL.

Hey Sher! I saw in another thread where you had said you were going to go write this story. I'm glad you wrote it, and glad I got to read it.

There's a lot of things that need to happen here. First, Arizona is doing EXACTLY the right thing. The stupid federal lawsuits that are being threatened, are only because nobama sees AZ as upsetting his amnesty applecart. In reality, as we all know, AZ isn't doing anything with SB1070 that the feds aren't already SUPPOSED to be doing, and WOULD be doing if we actually had a president.

Second thing that needs to happen, Every other state should get going with their own version of SB1070. That way, the dingbat feds won't know which way to turn, except to recognize the ultimate will of We the People.

Also about this, you've seen and heard of how effective SB1070 is even before it's going into effect -- the illegals are scattering like cockroaches. But if you've got roaches in every room of your house, it doesn't do much good to fumigate just one room -- the roaches will just run to the other rooms. All the States therefore need to show UNITY and SOLIDARITY with Arizona and her brave citizens. Give the roaches NOwhere to run (except maybe home!).

HOPEFULLY this can be solved with legislation and peaceful enforcement.... but if not, well, there are less pleasant options available. I cannot predict which method will be needed, but one thing I can predict: AMERICA is not going to go down without a fight.

Hey there to you too James,

I'm glad I wrote this and can share it with you and others.

You are correct Arizona is doing exactly WHAT OUR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE DOING UNDER THE FEDERAL IMMIGRATION LAWS. I have to laugh at OhBamaNoBama's Campaign Sales Slogan,

A CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN, SO FAR I HAVEN'T SEEN A DARN THING I CAN BELIEVE IN FROM OHBAMA.

As far as the cockroach population goes I had a friend that was an exterminator tell me that for every cockroach you see there is another thousand in hiding. I love your following comment/quote/thought:

Second thing that needs to happen, Every other state should get going with their own version of SB1070. That way, the dingbat feds won't know which way to turn, except to recognize the ultimate will of We the People.
    HOPEFULLY this can be solved with legislation and peaceful enforcement.... but if not, well, there are less pleasant options available. I cannot predict which method will be needed, but one thing I can predict: AMERICA is not going to go down without a fight.
    I do have an interesting idea, lol. I'm sure at this moment in time the border property can be bought for next to nothing, so maybe we Americans that believe in our Country and her Freedoms should build solid housing from open border to open border all the way across. My thinking, we didn't lose our Second Ammendment Constitutional right yesterday, the "RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS AND PROTECT OURSELVES."

You know, houses and fencing that's solid and no way to run through the developments on the Mexican side of the border to the U.S.A. Maybe we could even get Federal Grants to make it GREEN.

LOL, here's one last one in closing, It makes a whole lot of sense for D.C. officials to have posted signs facing Mexico and into Arizona facing the path the Illegals take and print them in ENGLISH. Most can't speak English let alone read it.

IF WE DON'T STAND FOR SOMETHING THE DAY MAY COME WE DON'T STAND AT ALL ~~sher~~

Hey Sher,

Right that putting signs facing mexico and making them in English is kind of a major DOH!. I suppose maybe, I dunno, spanish might be more effective? Assuming they could read even that. Or those international symbol posters like the "E" with the Circle and Slash for No Entry. Then in very small letters underneath, so that they have to get close to read it, "Hi, if you can read this, you're in my sights! Have a nice day, BP".

Cool idea about building our own private houses all along the border. Wonder if we could get good yard help then . Oh wait, I mow my own place, never mind.

Hey here's another idea I heard on the radio:
    1) Dig a huge MOAT all along the border.
    2) Take the dirt from this moat, down to New Orleans and fill in the swamps.
    3) This will unavoidably displace some gators -- so bring the gators back and let them live in the new moats -- problem solved!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast