Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Flake: 'I couldn't sleep at night’ having to support Trump

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Flake: 'I couldn't sleep at night’ having to support Trump

Flake: 'I couldn't sleep at night’ having to support Trump

By Max Greenwood - 10/28/17 01:32 PM EDT

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) said he "couldn't sleep at night" having to support or condone the actions and behavior of President Trump, and that he was confident the Republican Party would eventually distance itself from the president's brand of politics.

“I couldn’t sleep at night having to embrace the president or condoning his behavior or being okay with some of his positions,” Flake told The Washington Post in an interview published Saturday. “I just couldn’t do it – it was never in the cards.”

Flake made headlines this week when he announced in a lengthy speech on the Senate floor that he would not seek reelection in 2018, because he could no longer stand behind Trump and that he felt his brand of conservatism was no longer in step in the mainstream GOP.

Flake has long been one of Trump's most ardent Republican critics, refusing to endorse him during his 2016 election bid and writing in a book published this summer that he felt the GOP had caved to the real estate mogul's populist politics.

That sentiment within the Republican Party, he said, would not last forever. But he told the Post that he did not think that the direction of the party would not shift again by next year, when he was set to face a tough reelection bid.

“I knew that when I spoke out at that time that I was out of step with a lot of the Republican primary voters, but I felt that I had to do it,” Flake said. “I had hoped – and I still hope and I’m confident at some point – that the fever will break. But it just became more and more apparent that it certainly wasn’t going to break by next year.”

Polling data showed Flake likely losing the GOP primary next year, in which he faced a challenge from Kelli Ward, a former Arizona state senator and an ally of Trump, who has already received the endorsement of former White House chief strategist and Breitbart News chief Steve Bannon.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...-support-trump
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

So you couldn't sleep at night because of Trump's position on stopping illegal immigration and ending free trade treason? You're sick, Flake, very very sick. You need to resign now and go check yourself in at the local politico looney bin.

You know full well the tens of millions of Americans who have suffered so much damage, millions of them having their lives totally ruined, by your policies of open borders and free trade treason. Yet, you feel nothing for these Americans. So, you know what that makes you, Flake? A sociopath.

Give me my dear sweet "Narcissist" Trump over your brand of sociopathic pond scum overpopulating and bankrupting our nation every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
    Last edited by Judy; 10-28-2017 at 03:12 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

He couldn't sleep at night knowing he was going to get the boot by voters! No way was he going to face the humiliation coming his way. They still don't understand how PISSED OFF Americans are at being crapped on in every way. They won't listen when we tell them NO MORE and they continue on their merry way believing they know better than we do. They have NO idea the misery they are forcing us to accept.

He's probably retiring MILLIONS of dollars richer than when he went into Congress.