Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Foes of immigration see truth in rhetoric to retake Southwes

Foes of immigration see truth in rhetoric to retake Southwest

BY TRAVIS LOLLER AND PETER PRENGAMAN THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Posted on Saturday, September 8, 2007

LOS ANGELES — On the far fringes of the pro-immigration movement, some Hispanic activists openly yearn for the day when immigrants rise up and retake the American Southwest, more than 150 years after the U. S. annexed it.

“If somebody steals your car, how much of it do you want back ? Just the tires ? The seats ?â€
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Ok...suppose my parents had a home in New York....they sold that home....received cash for the sale of that home....they are saying that now my kids (the grandchildren that weren't even alive when the house was sold) can go back to New York and DEMAND that the house be returned...and proceed to take the house back by force...just because that was the home of their ancesters....IT WAS SOLD......what part of SOLD do you not understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]Tamar Jacoby, a senior fellow with the conservative Manhattan Institute think tank, called the reconquista conspiracy theory “a fantasy, a boogeyman.â€
    <div>"The making of an American begins at the point where he himself rejects all other ties, any other history, and himself adopts the vesture of his adopted land."**
    -James Baldwin, American Writer</div>

Tamar is an unapologetic OBL advocate.
    She has been a mouthpiece for big business and could care less about how illegal immigration / mass legal immigration hurts America and American workers.

Action needed: Just depress the flush lever.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What this writer overlooks of course (this IS the LA Slimes) is while most of our Southern invaders are not looking to carve a seperate country out the USA, they do believe in LaRaza group cohesiveness, "everything for LaRaza, nothing for non LaRaza". In other words they want to maintain their culture and language, but also want Americans to give them "a better life"!

Aztlan may not exist as a seperate sovereign nation, but it does exist as a "nation within a nation" similar to Puerto Rico or Q!uebec in Canada, and it is getting bigger every day.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Foes of immigration see truth in rhetoric to retake Sout

[quote="butterbean"]Anti-immigration critics often cite a Chicano Student Movement of Aztlan manifesto, written in 1969 and filled with nationalist rhetoric, as proof the organization has a hidden agenda.

“Aztlan belongs to those who plant the seeds, water the fields, and gather the crops and not to the foreign Europeans,â€
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

I think what they have in mind is really not to "take back" the land, but to live there (as they're doing now, just with more of them), and STILL get U.S. taxpayers to support them!

I doubt very much that they want to make it an independent nation or annex it to Mexico, because then they'd be back in Mexico.

Well, I'll tell you one thing - the American people will never stand for them taking the land, and still expecting benefits from our taxes!!

These people are nuts, and I'll bet that's what they're really thinking! What a bunch of losers.

Quote Originally Posted by cousinsal
    I think what they have in mind is really not to "take back" the land, but to live there (as they're doing now, just with more of them), and STILL get U.S. taxpayers to support them!

I doubt very much that they want to make it an independent nation or annex it to Mexico, because then they'd be back in Mexico.

Well, I'll tell you one thing - the American people will never stand for them taking the land, and still expecting benefits from our taxes!!

These people are nuts, and I'll bet that's what they're really thinking! What a bunch of losers.
    I don't think they even put that much thought into it.......They come here for the economy and infrastructure that AMERICANS are capable of building, but they would NEVER admit that to themselves. They just see opportunity and wealth in the land that "used to be Mexico," and proclaim it for themselves. If they really want self-determonation, they will indeed have to give up the generous social services -- not to mention the civilization builders themselves will flee......They celebrate this exodus, and they may be arrogant enough to believe that American prosperity will be realised in Mexican Southwest......Clearly it will not be, and it will become exactly what they fled -- or it will become what they turned LA into.

I think that if things keep developing the way they are, that it will become Mexico -- if not annexation, by population, language, and culture (virtual annexation) with special ties to Mexico -- already being persued by Mexico City. Even if they still get the tax dollars they will be without the main reason why the SW became an economic powerhouse -- the American people. This is what they want, and they will get it.....Unfortunately for them, they will come full circle and live in the squalor that they had fled to begin with......Then they will want to leave what they had been actively trying taking over for generations, and begin infiltrating into areas where ever American Southwesterners find refuge.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    They just see opportunity and wealth in the land that "used to be Mexico," and proclaim it for themselves.
    These idiots ignore what happened the last time Mexico had the Southwest. 95% of the land was controlled by American Indians. The Indians were kicking their butts, they kicked them out of a local Mission near my house which the Spanish built.

The place literally was a frontier, besides a few Spanish built Missions and houses, it was dirt and Indians. So the Mexicans asked Americans to move here (and become Mexican citizens) to help them control the Indians. Some of the remaining Spainards (Californios) living here thought they would rather be part of the US than Mexico. So with their approval the US tried to buy California from Mexico. Santa Ana was insulted, started a war which we won and thus took over the Southwest, PLUS we paid Mexico what we had originally offered!

There were only 3000 Mexicans in California when the US took over. Most of them because US Citizens. So this "the border crossed us" is BS, that would only happen if they snuck in through a tunnel!!