Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Quote Originally Posted by hardlineconstitutionalist
    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    hardlineconstutionalist wrote:

Seems there is nothing that has not been tried before from amnesty to a militarized "Mexican Repatriation act" called operation wetback... both failed. I think it is very important to look back so that past mistakes are not made again.
    Why do you consider Operation ........ a failure? It is my understanding the program lived up to its expectations.
    It was voted down and stopped. Found to be unconstitutional. If it had succeeded fully it would still be in operation. That is why I say we don't want to fail again. We want and need laws that are upheld and that are not over turned. Arizona was and is being very cautious in the wording and implementation of the new laws. That is a good thing to me. Yes? :P
    Yes it was, but that doesn't mean it wasn't working (successful) while it was in place. I'm sure Eisenhower ran into the same problem we're experiencing now - a lack of guts and will from the U.S. Congress to represent Americans!
    Oh...don't get me wrong!!!! It worked to get about 1,000,000 IA out...and more left on their own... So yes...to that degree it was wonderful...But as we see today...it did not fix or cure the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican
    The government promised us that the 1986 amnesty would be the last and that they would seal our border.

They have broken faith by not sealing the border and they want to break faith again with another amnesty.
    Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986

The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), also Simpson-Mazzoli Act (Pub.L. 99-603, 100 Stat. 3359, signed by President Ronald Reagan on November 6, 1986) is an Act of Congress which reformed United States immigration law. The Act made it illegal to knowingly hire or recruit illegal immigrants (immigrants who do not possess lawful work authorization), required employers to attest to their employees' immigration status, and granted amnesty to certain illegal immigrants who entered the United States before January 1, 1982 and had resided there continuously. The Act also granted a path towards legalization to certain agricultural seasonal workers and immigrants who had been continuously and illegally present in the United States since January 1, 1982.[1]

Much more on this Act...as we see...BO was not the first to lie to us!!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigratio ... ct_of_1986

Here we go again!!!!

The Save Act. Immigration Reform Bill HR 3308

Glenn Beck...absolutly NO PATH OR AMNASTY IN THIS BILL!!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMJaDPe7ZgA

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-3308
    To provide immigration reform by securing America's borders, clarifying and enforcing existing laws, and enabling a practical employer verification program.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB
    God bless Dwight D. Eisenhower we need another patriot hero president like him again. As far as deporting illegal aliens being unconstitutional -- I feel that is BS. However, if something necessary like America for Americans and illegals being deported, and found to be unconstitutional then there are constitutional remedies for that. Constitutional convention, or vote by 3/4 of the states. Do it.
    Yes it is BS...but it is very powerful political BS..

"Operation Wetback" was a SUCESS! Eisenhower used ALL Law enforcement at his disposal, including The Military. The reason he used the Military was because he understood it was a Invasion, a National Security issue. Why is it almost 60 years ago they could see the problem... BUT today, they turn a blind eye?
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123