Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Foreign temp workers get medicaid

http://www.worldlawdirect.com/forum/gov ... icaid.html

"I wish to inform you that you can get Medicaid and also get unemployment benefits. If you are able to meet the criteria for getting Medicaid and unemployment benefits then you can have it. There is no specific prohibition and therefore you may get both."

The dependents of non-immigrant visa holders can get benefits too. Here is an H4 (spouse of an H-1B) who got benefits while on an F2 visa (dependent of a student F1 visa holder)

Hello Attorney

I am on H4 visa now and when I was on F2 visa I have used medicaid and wic for prenatal care. It was used during my pregnancy only. I am never asked for that in my h4 visa inteviews. Since my husband is applying for CP for green card . Will it be a problem for me to go for CP ? Will consular office consider it a public charge and deny my GC ? Just in case if I get denial how to overcome that denial ? is there a standard process ? Will it affect my husband's GC ?
    http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum ... ost1970091

Note the lack of remorse about actually being a public charge, no, the concern is how to get around the law that tries to disallow immigrants who are likely to become a public charge.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In the first post where does it say the person is a foreign worker?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    In the first post where does it say the person is a foreign worker?

The entire website is an international law-immigration law forum very similar in tone to dozens of others I have seen. It is not likely that an American worker is going to ask about benefits on a forum used by immigration lawyers to help find loopholes for foreigners.

Unfortunately a lot of people here legally as H4s, F1s and F2s are working illegally though they themselves are not here illegally. That is why it is difficult to say whether the number of illegal aliens is 12 million or 20 million. If you include in the legal residents commiting illegal violations and anchor babies you could reach the higher figure.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Unfortunately a lot of people here legally as H4s, F1s and F2s are working illegally though they themselves are not here illegally. That is why it is difficult to say whether the number of illegal aliens is 12 million or 20 million. If you include in the legal residents commiting illegal violations and anchor babies you could reach the higher figure.

Also against the law is the use of fraud qualifications such as a fake resume with fake company experience in order to land a job in the US. How many foreigners got to kick an American out of his job by fraudulently claiming more experience than the American? 200,000, 500,000, a million? Who knows?

Since both Democrats and Republicans use temporary visas such as a H-1B's as surrogate "immigration" systems, they turn a blind eye to abuse of the system by foreigners and Americans lose their jobs by the hundreds of thousands (a fact, not an "opinion").

The federal government offered financial incentives to employers in order to make the Equal Employment Opportunity effective. I am sure that our own federal government offers similar incentives to employers who provide opportunities to people from the appropriately identified nations. I also believe that our Legal Aid/Community Legal Services has been suborned to serve only the illegal "residents" of an area. How to get the proof?
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Quote Originally Posted by sarum
    The federal government offered financial incentives to employers in order to make the Equal Employment Opportunity effective. I am sure that our own federal government offers similar incentives to employers who provide opportunities to people from the appropriately identified nations. I also believe that our Legal Aid/Community Legal Services has been suborned to serve only the illegal "residents" of an area. How to get the proof?

Funny how no law firms exist which specialize in law for Americans who have been impacted negatively by criminal aliens. But in the US the exact opposite is true for foreigners who need a lawyer specializing in going after Americans.

If you can get away with it, disguise yourself as an illegal immigrant and "ask" for legal help. Imply that relatives in your home country have lots of money to provide for legal fees. Bring a small mp3 recorder to your meetings.

Groups like LegalAid do tend to help "minority" people---if only because many of those don't plan anything out, financially, but fritter their money away and then end up in dependent, impoverished circumstances. If we weren't allowing more impoverished people within our borders many of the LA types people would run out of things to do. And I think as an informal rule they are not going to help anyone other than minorities or really angry, aggressive people.

I looked at the personnel for my State's Commission on Civil Rights. ( I had to use this agency because a few years ago I was constantly harassed by a drug user the company would not get rid of----until about 2 years worth of pressure.... and I was fired anyway) . They were worthless.
    http://www.oregon.gov/BOLI/CRD/docs/OCCR_Bios072009.pdf

This so-called Commission is filled with "diversity" advocacy people---NAACP, United Way, Latino immigrants, LBGT advocates, SEIU and AFSCME people, etc. They even have a "comedian/radio commentator" Where is the representation for conservatives? Don't we have any civil rights? Or they think any working person must be one of their special intrerese "disadvantaged" populations. It seems like the representation should be based upon percentage in the overall population.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast