Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Fox News and the Iowa Debate...

The Iowa Republican Party and Fox News Channel announced today plans for a Dec. 4 debate of the GOP presidential campaigns in Des Moines.

The Tuesday evening event is scheduled for Hy-Vee Hall in Des Moines and comes as the race to the Jan. 3 caucuses enters its final month.

It was unclear who would attend, although only those candidates who had support of at least 5 percent of those surveyed in recent national polls or The Des Moines Register’s Iowa Poll are invited, Iowa GOP officials said.

That would include former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Arizona Sen. John McCain, U.S. Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson. It could leave out U.S. Reps. Duncan Hunter of California and Tom Tancredo of Colorado

http://blogs.dmregister.com/?p=9788#comments

Just wanted to provide a link, and say that although I am for Ron Paul, I am pissed that Tancredo and Hunter would be excluded, how about they do a debate with only the 3 of them and leave out the MSM candidates...seiously Biden was right about Guilliani when he said he says 3 words a noun a verb and 911

I am sick and tired of the media choosing our candidates for us. I firmly support a ban on any election polls. At least the publication of them. When we step into the voting booth we should be voting 100% conscience not out of fear that our man is unelectable and so we vote the least of the evils.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    That would include former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Arizona Sen. John McCain, U.S. Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson. It could leave out U.S. Reps. Duncan Hunter of California and Tom Tancredo of Colorado
    Anyone got a POC so we can work on correcting this serious injustice?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

http://www.iowapolitics.com/index.iml?Article=109854

Republican Party of Iowa: To host presidential debate in Des Moines
    11/6/2007

(515) 282-8105

Debate to be nationally televised by FOX NEWS CHANNEL

The Republican Party of Iowa announced today that it will hold its presidential debate at Hy-Vee Hall in downtown Des Moines. The event, to be held the evening of December 4, 2007, will be the first debate in Iowa to be televised by FOX News Channel this election season, as well as the first debate sponsored by the Republican Party of Iowa.

Republican Party of Iowa Chairman Ray Hoffmann said, "With the caucuses less than a month away, our December 4 debate will be very telling to Iowans and the nation. We are thrilled to be having this event in central Iowa, and right in downtown Des Moines which will be the epicenter on caucus night."

The debate will be limited to those candidates who have satisfied the following criteria:

1. Announced a formal campaign for President: and

2. Filed the necessary paperwork with the Federal Election Commission; and

3. Met all U.S. constitutional requirements; and

4. Garnered at least 5% of the national electorate as determined by an average of the most recent national telephone polls of registered voters conducted by non-partisan public opinion polling organizations leading up to the registration deadline as determined by Fox News Channel and the Republican Party of Iowa or garnered an average of at least 5% in the most recent polls of Iowa voters conducted by the American Research Group and the Des Moines Register.

Yes, this is completely true. I notified some here of this.

Ron Paul has been included (there was talk that he wouldn't be).

This is the GREAT conspiracy in that the GOP in cahoots with the MSM CHOOSE OUR CANDIDATES FOR US.

Even as I type this, DIGG and FACEBOOK, have censored Ron Paul after the Nov. 5th media reporting of his massive fundraiser.

My point being. The ELITES will not have their apple cart upturned.

** As all of you know, I am for Ron Paul **

BUT, if they try to omit Tancredo and Hunter ---- THEN those two campaigns need, via the grassroots too, start their OWN debate across the street or outside the "real debate" and BRING IN ALL THEIR SUPPORTERS! MW, TancredoFan etc... you all need to rally the grassroots and see if your candidates are omitted for sure, if so -- rally the troops.

This will garner 'news' and show that 'the people' are no longer gonna play dirty politics.

I agree. The worst thing that happens is when the MSM chooses who we can listen and watch debate. This is BS conspiracy crap.
    -Garnered at least 5% of the national electorate as determined by an average of the most recent national telephone polls of registered voters conducted by non-partisan public opinion polling organizations..
    Determined by who's recent national polls? Theirs? We all know how corrpt that is. Non-partisan public opinion polling organizations MY EYE!

LIARS, THEIVES, CONSPIRATORS, VILANS ALL. THE MSM IS CENSORING WHO YOU WILL VOTE FOR

A debate without all of the debators is not a debate..it is a rigged agenda. The American people need to revolt against the corrupt MSM. We need to pass a law preventing the MSM that decides who will attend a public debate for public office, PERIOD!

Dear Honorable Senator Chambliss,

I don't care what the mainstream media's (msm) excuses are for not including ALL candidates. A debate without ALL of its debators is NOT a debate..it is nothing more than a rigged agenda. The American people need a law that prohibits any media to not include ALL debators based upon popularity. It is not fair for those supporters of a not-so-popular, or a little-known-of candidate not to hear him or her debate the issues of this nation. The MSM has for too long been the mediator of who attends debates and what is discussed. This agenda is a diversion to draw the American voter's attention away from who the msm and the corporate elites do not want in office. It's deceiptful, self-serving and should be illegal. They are monopolizing and conspiring by using their control over what America sees and hears and they should no longer get away with this. They are in essence, censoring the debates and are violating the American voter's right to be a more informed voter.

What would our forefathers have to say about this? I believe you know. Thank you for your time, sir and have a good day.

I will post his reply in this thread.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good letter, Rockfish. Let us know if you get a response back.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

After reading this thread, I contacted Tom Tancredo's campaign headquarters and received word that Tom was "formally invited to this debate."

SO HURRAY!!!

Good, I am so glad about Tancredo, anyone hear from Hunters Team?
    The MSM can not be the ones deciding who we can vote for, as we the people, we need to put our foot down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast