Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Life is getting so insane in America I feel like I'm living in a nutty cartoon!

Everyday in this country things are getting weirder and weirder.

Our government has been taken over by crazy people.

I'm beginning to think a one-eyed monkey hangin' from a .10 cent ballon could do a better job...................

April
    RED ALERT!!! PLEASE JOIN IN!!!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-808934.html#808934

Wonder if this is a cover for something else?

Well I watched H & C tonight and nothing. Did anyone else see it? Maybe it was Fox Business Channel. I know I saw it. It just can't remember all because I saw just the last part.

Rats.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Wow, considering the fact that there are no actual details, this thread took on a life of its own.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Realtors Say Foreigners Hold Key to Real Estate Revival

American real estate agents say there's a surefire way to help the country's plummeting real estate market: Let foreigners retire here after they buy.

Miami agent Tony Macaluso is leading the charge to create a special new "Silver Card visa" that would ease restrictions on older immigrants — but the National Association of Realtors, Congress and the State Department aren't biting just yet.

"This idea would be for someone who is over 50, who is retired, who has proof of income, who is not relying on our health care system or our welfare system," Macaluso told FOX News.

"When they come here it would be on a non-work visa, so they would be retired [and] their wealth that they are earning in another county would be spent here in the United States. And if there is something we could clearly use is more money coming into the country," he cotinued.

Foreign nationals who no longer work, but desire to spend their golden years in the United States can currently buy property here — and many do.

But most of them have only tourist visas and must leave the country every six months and wait a few months more before they can re-enter the United States.

"I don't want to leave," said French citizen Estelle Nezel, who owns property but lives in the U.S. on a tourist visa. "I just want to stay here."

Other countries have realized the economic value of foreigners and the retirement capital flowing in to their nations.

Mexico, Panama and Costa Rica all encourage wealthy retirees to live in their respective countries with special visas, and even offer tax incentives. Partly because of this, an estimated 1 million Americans have retired to Mexico, 65,000 to Panama and another 35,000 to Costa Rica.

Nezel says she's an example as to why it makes sense.

"If I stay here, I rent a car, I go shopping, I spend money. I'm not taking anything from America. On the contrary, I'm just giving," she said.

While the National Association of Realtors has studied the "Silver Card" idea, it has yet to take a stand on it. The U.S. State Department, which issues more than 80 different types of visas, doesn't comment on proposals before they're mandated by Congress.

In the meantime, while Macaluso and other real estate agents struggle to find home buyers in dire economic times, they continue to work to persuade anyone who will listen of the advantages of a "silver card visa" for the United States.

"We need to step up to the plate saying, 'This is a really great place to be. We have a fine country we would like you to share. We would love you to come and spend your retirement funds here within our borders,'" Macaluso said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,454972,00.html
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

MW
    Thanks for the details, PatrioticSandra.

Looks like your ears weren't playing tricks on you Gogo.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I can see how that has a valid point.....problem comes with actually following through knowing they weren't being an additional burden on the country if they got really sick. I checked at immigration and IF any country lets you in as an older person.....you cannot be one iota of a drain on their economy or dependant on them for a job or anything. I don't know why they'd want to come here because any senior retirement area isn't exactly welcoming as it is to old folks.......let alone rich ones. Meaning safe like they used to be.....they are all major spots illegals have gone.

It's certainly not an answer....just a temporary prolonging.....not to mention, what will that do for our own elderly. It's bad enough without having to compete with rich old folks for the limited care available. Sounds like just another segment of the citizen population to get kicked out and down as the government looks elsewhere for the money.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Florida has always been pandering to foreigners. There was a time on Fort Myers Beach when the major language in the stores was German. In the 1990s they brought their values of outdoing everyone else with them, building McMansions in neighborhoods where there were 3 BR/1 BA homes from the 1960s. Those castles couldn't be sold to Americans, so they managed to sell them to their countrymen, looking to invest in this country without realizing that location is also important.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast