Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticSandra
    Realtors Say Foreigners Hold Key to Real Estate Revival

American real estate agents say there's a surefire way to help the country's plummeting real estate market: Let foreigners retire here after they buy.

Miami agent Tony Macaluso is leading the charge to create a special new "Silver Card visa" that would ease restrictions on older immigrants — but the National Association of Realtors, Congress and the State Department aren't biting just yet.

"This idea would be for someone who is over 50, who is retired, who has proof of income, who is not relying on our health care system or our welfare system," Macaluso told FOX News.

"When they come here it would be on a non-work visa, so they would be retired [and] their wealth that they are earning in another county would be spent here in the United States. And if there is something we could clearly use is more money coming into the country," he cotinued.

Foreign nationals who no longer work, but desire to spend their golden years in the United States can currently buy property here — and many do.

But most of them have only tourist visas and must leave the country every six months and wait a few months more before they can re-enter the United States.

"I don't want to leave," said French citizen Estelle Nezel, who owns property but lives in the U.S. on a tourist visa. "I just want to stay here."

Other countries have realized the economic value of foreigners and the retirement capital flowing in to their nations.

Mexico, Panama and Costa Rica all encourage wealthy retirees to live in their respective countries with special visas, and even offer tax incentives. Partly because of this, an estimated 1 million Americans have retired to Mexico, 65,000 to Panama and another 35,000 to Costa Rica.

Nezel says she's an example as to why it makes sense.

"If I stay here, I rent a car, I go shopping, I spend money. I'm not taking anything from America. On the contrary, I'm just giving," she said.

While the National Association of Realtors has studied the "Silver Card" idea, it has yet to take a stand on it. The U.S. State Department, which issues more than 80 different types of visas, doesn't comment on proposals before they're mandated by Congress.

In the meantime, while Macaluso and other real estate agents struggle to find home buyers in dire economic times, they continue to work to persuade anyone who will listen of the advantages of a "silver card visa" for the United States.

"We need to step up to the plate saying, 'This is a really great place to be. We have a fine country we would like you to share. We would love you to come and spend your retirement funds here within our borders,'" Macaluso said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,454972,00.html

Thanks for finding this. I still have not seen the program they were talking about. I've been gone all day. I'll keep an eye out for any more info on it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

yes and we are alredy in a finacial crisis and they want to bring "seniors" here, to collect all the benefits we paid in?

Heck I will never see social security.
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

Quote Originally Posted by koobster
    yes and we are alredy in a finacial crisis and they want to bring "seniors" here, to collect all the benefits we paid in?

Heck I will never see social security.
    That was a "given" at birth. Social Security is nothing more than a giant pyramid scheme. And if memory serves correct, pyramid schemes are illegal in these United States.

I have some news -- we're already doing this. I'm a nurse in a major east coast hospital and I'd say 3/4 patients I take care of are the elderly parents of some immigrant or citizen from another country who has brought their "elders" over for a vacation and somehow they just all end up permanent residents.

And so we go -- giving them the care they need while American seniors most likely go without the care THEY need. They always seem extra demanding -- their family members, also -- as people from all these other cultures are usually very close knit and "pa-pa" means so much to them, etc, etc.

I for one, respect that, but these people are receiving the BEST care in the world and have not paid one CENT into the very system that pays for their care, and is goinig to be insolvent once the Baby boomer wave really hits he healthcare system.

I, for one, think it's outright thievey for these people to be in our country receiving healthcare of any kind. Why -- they don't pay for it and never will!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jjmm
    I have some news -- we're already doing this. I'm a nurse in a major east coast hospital and I'd say 3/4 patients I take care of are the elderly parents of some immigrant or citizen from another country who has brought their "elders" over for a vacation and somehow they just all end up permanent residents.

And so we go -- giving them the care they need while American seniors most likely go without the care THEY need. They always seem extra demanding -- their family members, also -- as people from all these other cultures are usually very close knit and "pa-pa" means so much to them, etc, etc.

I for one, respect that, but these people are receiving the BEST care in the world and have not paid one CENT into the very system that pays for their care, and is goinig to be insolvent once the Baby boomer wave really hits he healthcare system.

I, for one, think it's outright thievey for these people to be in our country receiving healthcare of any kind. Why -- they don't pay for it and never will!!!!!!
    This is appalling to me. I am a non immigrant whose parents used to vist for two months of the year. Now only my mum does so, my dad actually died during a visit a couple of years ago. They NEVER travel without paying for health insurance and this is what EVERY visitor should do. If they cannot afford to pay the premiums they cannot afford to visit. I can say hand on heart my dad's medical bills were paid in full and I am proud of that. What happened to doing the right thing!!

Why should wealthy foreign seniors want to live in the U S? The cost of living in the U S isn't that cheap. The idea is just a scam to sell the glut of forclosed houses in troubled states like Florida to elderly people who probably don't understand how the real estate market in the U S works and don't understand what they're getting into just like the illegals who took out all those liar loans from the mortgage bankers. Then a few years down the line these seniors will go bankrupt or maybe sooner and the government will have to bail them out just like this current crop of fools who got mortgages they couldn't afford, a lot of them are illegal aliens. And we'll have to bail them out too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123