Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Fox states clearly his stand on Trump’s wall

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Fox states clearly his stand on Trump’s wall

Mexico News Daily | Friday, February 26, 2016

Former president Vicente Fox has jumped into the fray over Donald Trump’s border wall, making it clear in an
    interview with Univision where he stands on the issue.

Mexico News Daily | Friday, February 26, 2016

Former president Vicente Fox has jumped into the fray over Donald Trump’s border wall, making it clear in an interview with Univision where he stands on the issue.

“I’m not going to pay for that ****ing wall,” said Fox, suggesting that Trump, the leading Republican candidate for U.S. president, had the money and should pay for it himself.

The statement earned a rebuke soon after from Trump himself, who took to Twitter yesterday to demand an apology. “. . . Vicente Fox horribly used the F word when discussing the wall. He must apologize! If I did that there would be an uproar!”

But the only one coming close to apologizing so far is U.S. Vice-President Joe Biden.

“There has been a lot of harmful and unacceptable rhetoric and I almost feel obliged to ask for an apology for this presidential campaign in my country and what has been said about Mexicans,” he said during an official visit to Mexico yesterday.

Without naming Trump, Biden told President Enrique Peña Nieto that the strong rhetoric by one of the candidates was not representative of the U.S. “It is not the opinion of the people of my country, it is the opposite.”

Former president Fox said in the interview with news show anchor Jorge Ramos that he was troubled by the support Trump picked up in Nevada, and questioned the claim that he won 44% of the Hispanic vote.

“I’d like to know who those Hispanics are,” he said, urging them to “open their eyes.”

He predicted the U.S. would “fail if it goes into the hands of a crazy guy.”

Fox’s comments follow those of another ex-president, Felipe Calderón, who has also denounced Trump’s border wall. But he only went as far as to call it “stupid.”

Fox continued the theme in an interview this morning with news show host Adela Micha on Grupo Imagen, suggesting Trump should be apologizing to Mexicans and repeating his description of the wall.

“The truth is that wall is a ****ing wall, I don’t know where that guy got the idea.”

He said the concern should not be about Trump but the 40% support he received in Nevada. The average citizen is not assessing what the candidate is saying, Fox observed.
    “He is very empty, and has no substance.”

The interview with Jorge Ramos will air on Sunday on Univision’s Al Punto.

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/fox-states-clearly-stand-trumps-wall/

It doesn't really matter what he or anyone else thinks of the wall. Every nation has the right and duty to safeguard their country and people. The only ones who are going to be angry or upset are the ones who currently benefit from the open border. It is that simple. Immigrants can still come to America in droves, it will just have to be legally and through the front door.

It is so ironic that someone like Vicente Fox had the opportunity to help his country but failed. The proof is the massive emigration from Mexico to the US during his tenure.