Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

curiouspat,

I had younger folk tell me to my face, that they didn't like the way I worked, cause it made them look bad. I told them, too bad, I was just taking care of my patients.
    Good for you. I reported a younger co-worker who was using foul language with another co-worker. I became the bad guy because I spoke up and had it stopped. I worked in a department that started people with the beginning stages of buying a half of a million franchise and callers could hear this guy in the background. I guess the saying goes you get what you pay for, right?
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

I was laid off and replace by 2 younger people and they still saved money on the salary. However, the quality of the work is not the same, I did the jobs of two people. Was early everyday and gave an honest days work everyday I worked. That is how I was brought up and how I raised my son to be. I do not understand how obvious slackers get ahead in this world? Guess I better look at our government huh Meanwhile it is difficult trying to get another job as they are looking for people with some skills that are willing to take far less money. You see this daily in the quality of service we get today in stores, utilities, credit card companies. Customer service is non-existant. It really stands out when you are treated like a customer who is appreciated instead of the usual we are doing you a favor by taking your money.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Ismith,

Customer service is non-existant
    It's so bad now, that I will, openly and loudly, compliment a polite child, or an employee who DOES give good service.

I also act as if commiserating with managers of employees with bad/no customer service, with a tsk,tsk and suggestion that perhaps the owners would like to give business etiquette classes. I can't stand the cashiers not addressing me directly, smiling, looking me in the eyes, etc. or worse, taking a private call on their cell phone while ringing my supplies up, or even speaking in Spanish to the person behind me in line.

I know mannerly Hispanics, so it can't be all cultural. I think it's mostly ignorance, low/no expectations and personal values.

I. always, start out nice, so I can work up!!!!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

I do the same Curious if I am treated shabbily as a customer I want to speak with the manager. As a person of management I give them points on how to improve it and motivate their employees. Often I receive a good response, sometimes I am told to mind my own business. At that point I say fine I will take my business elsewhere forever.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Exactly, Ismith,

I've even gone in to the same stores where I made the suggestions, nicely, and have had the managers seek me out to show me the 'class' plans. On the other hand, I, too, have told managers, I'll never be back. I make an effort to find the owner's info, to let them know what happened and the response. There are simply too many stores. I can always find what I need, elsewhere.

I believe in giving positive feedback, anytime it's appropriate.

Have you seen the recent ad, which shows one good deed being done after another? Each person who sees the good deed, is then shown doing one for someone else. I think it's the most intelligent ad on today.

When I was a teen, I saw an old man help a student with very full hands, pick up a dropped book. It was hard for him, and I had tried to get it first. I asked him why he picked it up and didn't let me help. I'll never forget him. He shrugged and said that he had always, consciously tried to do a good deed a day. That it didn't have to be big, nor even recognized by the recipient. That he felt better about himself for doing so, and hoped that he had planted seeds of kindness, in at least some of the folk he helped. That he could look back, and, for the most part, be happy with himself for the way he lived. He said, it could be as small as picking something up, letting someone in line first, or standing up for someone in trouble.

I've done the same, every day, since then. I didn't used to say anything, but now, if for example, I let someone in the checkout line before me, and they say 'thank you', I'll simply say that "I have to do at least one good deed a day. Wouldn't it be a better world, if everyone did the same. Pass it on!" I say it with a big smile. I get some interesting looks!

Corny, I know. Don't care. Sorta like 'Practice Random Acts of Kindness".

Sorry, got off topic!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

I still say the frightening aspect is that we middle-aged american workers are being replaced by younger and less expensive and less experienced workers which is detrimental to business considering we spend the lions share of money at their businesses. If they keep putting us out of work they too will suffer. They just do not see that. Meanwhile I continue to actively pursue employment as I am confident that I will find something just that it will most likely pay half of my prior salary.

With regards to acts of kindness Curious, yes I continue them as well. They say that "the bread you throw out on the waters of life always flows back to you"

Ismith,

I'm not a wimp ( how'dja spell woos? anyway? )

I only treat those who deserve it with kindness, or perhaps those who are neutral in behavior. After all, I WAS an ER Charge Nurse for a lonnnng time
    TIME'S UP!

It is spelled "wuss" Curious

Then you have certainly put in your time with kindnesses

Thanks, you too I'll bet.
    TIME'S UP!

You know......... now that you mentioned it. I order pizza on occasions and lately every carrier has 50yrs and older Americans,(not that I`m any younger)

While we`re mentioning it, the other night I had to call a Taxi because my wife took off in the truck with out checking how much gas was in it and she ran out of gas. The taxi got here and it was a middle age American. We got to talking and I said, " so we do have some US Citizens driving taxi." He said " "there`s" 4 of us out of 92. The ride came to less then 20.00 so I gave him 40.00 and told him to keep it. I`m willing to pay more to any American worker.
    ------------------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast