Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

FTAA Must Be Defeated (Ltr to Ed)

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/pbcs ... urce=email

FTAA must be defeated

G. Wayne Crocker
    Cottondale
    August 02. 2005 3:

Dear Editor: The passage of the Central American Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA) was brought about by a massive deceptive campaign and by last-minute political promises. I am disappointed that some good Alabama congressmen and special-interest groups bought the proverbial Brooklyn Bridge.

I hope these men really think the promises made to them will be kept, rather than just using them as an excuse to appease the voters back home and still stay in good graces with the administration. Past commitments made to get trade pacts passed have been kept about 20 percent of the time.

Should the agreement, as promised, open up some additional markets for Alabama farmers, the market is so small that it will affect farm income very little. However the increase of imported sugar from the CAFTA countries will likely destroy the livelihoods of thousands of farmers, business owners and workers in that industry!

According to a news report from Greensboro, N.C., the deciding vote was cast by Rep. Robin Hayes, who had already voted against the agreement. House Speaker Dennis Hastert promised him whatever was necessary to change his vote.

As we face the even more dangerous Free Trade Area of the Americas (FTAA), those who want to maintain American independence and save small businesses and jobs should be encouraged by the closeness of the CAFTA vote. The FTAA can and must be defeated.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Good one

Thanks Butterbean!
    I am going to send this to our idiot representatives! I am also going to send them copies of the nuts and bolts of CAFTA to show them what they have done because they did not take the time TO READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

I have read that the FTAA vote is going to come up for a vote in DEC of this year.

Pro

I think it will come up before December. I think in September.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn