Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GA Voters; Urgent!!!

Ask Gov. Perdue to Sign “Driving Without a Licenseâ€

I e-mailed the governor! Everyone should get on this and e-mail him too, we are making great progress all across the states! They need to hear from us that this issue is important and we will not allow them to not protect us from this invasion any longer!

Now, I ask you, Governor Purdue, what Governor in his right mind, one who is patriotic and law-abbiding, would not sign this bill? You have got to sign this bill. Not signing the bill might be interpeted as that you don't have the American citizens' interests best at heart.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My husband and I both signed and sent.

Please Sign SB 350 and HB 970. In order for evil men to rule, good men do nothing to stop them. Please consider this phrase when signing these bills. People breaking the laws to enter this country, driving without license with my 17 year old daughter and my loving wife driving around them. They sir are breaking the law, my family isn't. Protect my family sir by making it harsher for those who aren't obeying the laws that protect us all. Sign the bills please Governor. God Bless You and Pray about this.

Subject: Thank you for Contacting Governor Perdue
    Thank you very much for making your views known. Your message will be
    shared with Governor Perdue.

Follow Up

My calendar alert says Perdue follow-up. Any one here knows how to follow up on this? I don't know if “Driving Without a Licenseâ€

I think this means he didn't signed it. Is that correct?

http://www.legis.ga.gov/legis/2007_08/sum/sb350.htm
    http://www.legis.ga.gov/legis/2007_08/sum/hb978.htm

He dispointed me more than once before..

It looks like he hasn't signed either.

I know he has to sign to veto, but does he have to sign to become law, since senate and house have passed both? Does anyone know??

Please everyone contact sonny's office again - this is very important!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaOnMyMind
    It looks like he hasn't signed either.

I know he has to sign to veto, but does he have to sign to become law, since senate and house have passed both? Does anyone know??

Please everyone contact sonny's office again - this is very important!!!
    No, all he had to do is not sign it and they have to start all over again. He does not have to sign to veto, that is my understanding. We called and emailed...Time is running out. Sometimes I wonder if my effort do anything at all. I feel like giving up sometimes...

Just came across this. Looks promising these will pass, hopefully.
    ------------------------------
    Perdue weighs bills as deadline looms

05/14/08
    From the Associated Press

ATLANTA (AP) — It’s the final day for Georgia Governor Sonny Perdue to sign or veto bills at the state Capitol.

Hundreds of bills passed during this year’s legislative session. But not all of them will become law.

Among the bills that awaiting the governor’s signature on Wednesday is one that would allow Georgians with concealed weapons permits to carry guns into restaurants and parks and on public transportation.

The budget for the 2009 fiscal year also is hanging in the balance.

If Perdue doesn’t sign or veto a bill by the end of the day Wednesday, it would become law by default.

Perdue vetoed 41 bills last year. He said Tuesday that his vetoes would not be as “robustâ€

[quote="GeorgiaOnMyMind"]Just came across this. Looks promising these will pass, hopefully.
    ------------------------------
    Perdue weighs bills as deadline looms

05/14/08
    From the Associated Press

ATLANTA (AP) — It’s the final day for Georgia Governor Sonny Perdue to sign or veto bills at the state Capitol.

Hundreds of bills passed during this year’s legislative session. But not all of them will become law.

Among the bills that awaiting the governor’s signature on Wednesday is one that would allow Georgians with concealed weapons permits to carry guns into restaurants and parks and on public transportation.

The budget for the 2009 fiscal year also is hanging in the balance.

If Perdue doesn’t sign or veto a bill by the end of the day Wednesday, it would become law by default.

Perdue vetoed 41 bills last year. He said Tuesday that his vetoes would not be as “robustâ€