Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GANG/TURF WARS HUNDREDS BEING KILLED IN CHICAGO

RISING GANG VIOLENCE RESULT OF "TURF WARS"

By Amy Grant, Medical Correspondent

Chicago, IL. - The recent shootings of two Chicago Police officers, and the wounding and killing of hundreds of other Chicago citizens are the direct or indirect result of an ongoing attempt by "streetgangs" from out of state to gain control of given neighborhoods here, according to Clark Staten, Executive Director of the Chicago-based Emergency Response & Research Institute. Staten, who studies all types of emergency response issues, says that there are at least four major "gang and drug" pipelines operating into and out of the Chicago area.

According to the veteran paramedic, former police officer, and intelligence analyst, one of the major "pipelines" leads to New York. This can be evidenced, he says, by the recently announced fugitive status of three reported Jamaican gang members who are suspected in the recent Chicago Police shootings. In New York City, the "Jamaicans" are known as some of the most violent and ruthless of gang members. The Jamaicans are also known to be extremely "closeknit", and are said to have a very closely held network of drug couriers to and from the Caribbean.

New York City Police and Paramedics report a recent, violent, expansion of their activities in the New York and New Jersey area. Distribution of drugs, particularly cocaine, is now reportedly being carried out throughout other parts of the country. Intelligence sources indicate that the "Jamaicans" are now currently operating in the Kenmore/Winthrop corridor on Chicago's Northeast side. Further, they have reportedly been attempting to gain control of drug traffic in several Uptown and Roger's Park neighborhoods. This has led to several recent shootings and attempts at intimidation. Reports have also been recieved of an ongoing conflict between the Jamaicans and members of a Chicago gang called the "Black Gangster Disciples" over the control of areas in which to sell drugs.

A second and burgeoning "pipeline" leads to Los Angeles and the "Crips" streetgang. Evidence of involvement by Los- Angeles based gangs on Chicago's Westside is continually being gathered by Chicago police and paramedics. On at least two occasions weapons and explosives have been confiscated, that supposedly belong to members of the now infamous California gang.

For example, a November 4th, 1991 "raid" on a garage in the 1400 block of So. Ridgeway Ave. resulted the in the confiscation of Seven (7) military fragmentation hand grenades, three (3) Soviet "AK-47" Assault rifles, one (1) Soviet "SKS" Assault rifle, one (1) British "Sten" Machinegun, one (1) Ruger Semi-auto carbine, several 9mm and .45 caliber pistols, and hundreds of rounds of ammunition. A burglary suspect that voluntarily helped to locate the weapons is quoted as saying that the weapons belonged to a member of the L.A. "Crips" street gang.

Reports have also been recieved that members of the "Crips" are said have formed an temporary alliance with members of at least two factions of the Westside Chicago "Vice Lords" street gang. The alliance is said to have involved the outright distribution of large quantities of drugs and the trading of guns for drugs. The "Vice Lords" are said to control much of the drug traffic on the Westside and are thought to expanding into other areas of the country. Reportedly there are Chicago connected "chapters" of the Vice Lords in such unlikely places as Green Bay, Wisconsin and Des Moines, Iowa.

Due to a desire for expansion by both the Chicago and L.A. gangs into untapped drug markets, a reputable crime analyst who has requested anonymity, says that in some ways the linking of the "Crips" and "Vice-Lords" is "an evil natural". He said, "They both are in it for the money... and in Chicago, the Vice Lords already control much of the traffic on the Westside". "They either have to form some sort of strategic alliance or fight each other for each block and street corner", he continued.

"If they combine forces, the `Vice Lords' obtain vast quantities of drugs and exotic weaponry, and the "Crips' are afforded the protection that they need to operate in a `hostile' environment", he continued. "In the case of any out-of-state expansion their combining resources makes good business sense because, together, there is often no one with the power to fight the two of them... in the smaller towns that they are now invading", he told EmergencyNet NEWS.

"Presently, the violent struggles are about determining who gets what share of what territory and how the `spoils' will be distributed", the veteran reviewer said. "There are also several groups that do not want to form any sort of alliance and are protecting their `turf' with automatic weapons and explosives... the large numbers of dead and wounded in recent months are the results of this resistance", the analyst concluded.

An informed drug enforcement agent say that there is also evidence of the "Crips" attempting to also gain a foothold on parts of Chicago's Southside. Recent reports have been received that suggest that members of the "Crips" have been linked with selling drugs and guns in the vicinity of the Chicago Housing Authority's Robert Taylor Homes.

Another report indicates that members of the "Crips" are thought to be fighting with members of both the "Black Disciples" and the "Gangster Disciples" in order to further drug distribution networks in the Chicago Housing Authority projects. There is a definite difference between the two Chicago groups, and they also frequently shoot at each other for control of the "valuable" drug territories in the South State Street corridor.

The third drug "pipeline", leads to Mexico and several points South of there. It involves the "Hispanic connection". The largest hispanic gang in the city is the "Latin Kings". They have various chapters throughout the city and are known for their participation in and control of narcotics sales, in the neighborhoods that they frequent. The "Latin Kings" are also known as one of the most violent street gangs in the City of Chicago.

Involvement has been reported between the notorious "Herrera Drug Family" and the "Latin Kings". Although several family members are in jail, the Herrera's were previously known to be the distributors of high potency Mexican "Brown Heroin" that has been popular at various times with Chicago's "Junkie" population. The "Latin Kings" also deal in large amounts of cocaine. It is believed that it is smuggled from Peru and Columbia, through Mexico, by gang "mules" of Mexican descent. Reportedly, more than one "Latin King" has returned to Mexico or Central America "for a short vacation" and soon turned up "back in the hood" with a new car and lots of spending money.

At least one Chicago analyst says that there are hints of a direct connection between a faction of the "Latin Kings" and couriers of the Columbia-based Mendallin drug cartel. A continued proliferation of regular and "crack" cocaine would seem to signify significant supplies are constantly being made available to members of the "Latin Kings". Police sources confirm that the "Kings" are frequently arrested for possession of varying amounts of the high-quality and illicit substance. Police also say that the "Latin Kings" run several "drive-up" drug delivery operations in the Humboldt Park area of Chicago.

The fourth connection "pipeline" involves Asian-Americans, particularly those of Chinese extraction. The links to the old "Burma Triangle" drug production area, that were shown to have been exploited throughout the Viet Nam War, are still thought to be active in a small segment of the Chinese community. Although extremely difficult to infiltrate, some drug intelligence information has still been obtained that indicates that there is an "Asian Connection".

The primary drugs provided by the Asian drug couriers are "Poppy-based" and generally involve the addicting opiates. "China White" Heroin is a particular example of the type of drugs that are sold, often in bulk, by Asian wholesale dealers. Many, if not most, of the transactions involve sales by Chinese "merchants" to black or hispanic middle-men, who then sell them to street level dealers. There are also Asian "street gangs" who are used as enforcement tools by the drug dealers. Although small in number, the members of the "Asian Connection" are thought to control a substantial part of the heroin Traffic in the Chicago area.

Staten points out that not all drug transactions are exclusively tied to "streetgangs", and that there are numerous unorganized sources of purchase. Traditional organized crime is also responsible for a sizable percentage of the drug traffic in the Chicago area, according to Police crime statistics. Although commonly involved in prostitution, gambling, extortion, and protection rackets, the "mafioso" is reportedly now heavily involved in drug distribution in the Midwest and elsewhere. This is unlike several years ago, when the "Wiseguys" were prohibited by strict internal rules from trafficking in drugs. Recent years, however, have seen much "Mob" involvement in this most profitable business.

In conclusion, Staten indicated that the ties between the various groups mentioned are transient and often disjointed. Further, he indicated that the dynamics of drug buying and selling are based on a fairly traditional supply and demand scheme that causes alliances and enemies to "change as frequently as the weather". But, he noted, the violence perpetrated by the combination of these groups is certainly reason for everyone's concern. According to Staten, "The continued proliferation of these gangs and drugs does nothing...but, breed death and destruction for the rest of us". He strongly recommends that additional resources be made available to Police to combat this growing menace.

(c) 1992, EmergencyNet NEWS Service
    Emergency Response & Research Institute
    6348 N. Milwaukee Ave., Chicago, IL 60646
    (773) 631-3774 - Voice/Messages
    (773) 631-3467 - Computer/Modem - Emergency BBS - 24 Hours
    webmaster@emergency.com
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Link?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Old story from 1992 but I found it here:

http://www.emergency.com/gangturf.htm

Shocked

What? Thought everything was great. Chicago just re-elected their mayor. I wonder what the choices were?
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    What? Thought everything was great. Chicago just re-elected their mayor. I wonder what the choices were?
    Daley & friend of Daley
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sanctuary city filled with illegal and legal latinos. Lots of latinos hold city jobs and political offices

I live in the suburbs but work downtown and working down there makes me fully aware that Chicago is overrun with illegals.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    Sanctuary city filled with illegal and legal latinos. Lots of latinos hold city jobs and political offices

I live in the suburbs but work downtown and working down there makes me fully aware that Chicago is overrun with illegals.
    Just last week I posted commits about a Hispanic gang betting to death a kid on the street. This happen one block (the next corner) from where I lived when I was in high school. I walked passed that corner daily on my way to school. It just makes me think and angers me, knowing my old neighborhood and my old school have gone to hell. That school is now 87-91% Hispanic. With 78-84% getting government food support. (Free HOT Breakfast and Lunch). These are demographics posted online at the schools web page. I also notice the Principal: Dr. Alejandra Alvarez (no wonder).

I too now live in the suburbs, and starting about 4 years ago the Hispanics started to move out here as well. They may be legal (but I’m not sure if they all are) because they are also being pushed out if the city (sanctuary) by the illegal Hispanics and gangs. But they are also bringing their kids gangs here as well. We had a gang / drug shooting here last fall.

Now the high school my kids went to is now going through the same fate as my high school in the city did.

It just seems to go on, and on, and on........

Now you know why I call myself “MadInChicago”
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Chicago, and LA, will soon both be to dangerous for decent people to live in, I say again, our gov. needs to denounce these gang members as terrorist, and act accordingly to them as they do to radical Islamic terrorist, as there are not much difference in their actions toward innocent people! Personally, I feel they should put a bounty on their heads, after all, our gov. was not above putting a bounty on the heads of the Indians at one time were they?
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Unfortunately it is not just the gangs themselves but also this fringe gang mentality/bangers that is becoming more commonplace and also a large problem.

Mayhem Main Event at NBA All-Star Weekend
    'Police Were Simply Overwhelmed' in Sin City
    By JASON WHITLOCK

LAS VEGAS -- NBA All-Star Weekend in Vegas was an unmitigated failure, and any thoughts of taking the extravaganza to New Orleans in 2008 are total lunacy.

An event planned to showcase what is right about professional basketball has been turned into a 72-hour display of why commissioner David Stern can't sleep at night and spends his days thinking of rules to mask what the NBA has come to represent.

Good luck fixing All-Star Weekend.

The game is a sloppy, boring, half-hearted mess. The dunk contest is contrived and pointless. The celebrity contest is unintended comedy. And, worst of all, All-Star Weekend revelers have transformed the league's midseason exhibition into the new millennium Freaknik, an out-of-control street party that features gunplay, violence, non-stop weed smoke and general mayhem.

Word of all the criminal activity that transpired during All-Star Weekend has been slowly leaking out on Las Vegas radio shows and TV newscasts and on Internet blogs the past 24 hours.

"It was filled with an element of violence," Teresa Frey, general manager for Coco's restaurant, told klastv.com. "They don't want to pay their bills. They don't want to respect us or each other."

Things got so bad that she closed the 24-hour restaurant from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m.

"I have been spit on. I have had food thrown at me," she said. "I have lost two servers out of fear. I have locked my door out of the fear of violence."

All weekend, people, especially cab drivers, gossiped about brawls and shootings. You didn't know what to believe because the local newspaper was filled with stories about what a raging success All-Star Weekend was. The city is desperately trying to attract an NBA franchise, and, I guess, there was no reason to let a few bloody bodies get in the way of a cozy relationship with Stern.

Plus, the NBA's business partner ESPN didn't have time to dirty its hands and report on the carnage. I'm sure ESPN's reporters were embedded in the rear ends of the troops -- Shaq, Kobe, King James, D-Wade, AI and Melo.

But there were multiple brawls, at least two shootings, more than 350 arrests and a lot of terror in Vegas over the weekend.

And the police might want to talk to NFL player Pacman Jones about a nasty shooting spree at a Vegas strip club. Jones and the rapper Nelly were allegedly at Minxx Gentlemen's Club Monday morning shortly before (or during) the shooting.

Two victims, male employees of the club, were listed in critical condition at the hospital; a third, a female patron, sustained non-life threatening injuries after being grazed by a bullet.

There were so many fights and so many gangbangers and one parking-lot shootout at the MGM Grand that people literally fled the hotel in fear for their safety. I talked with a woman who moved from the MGM to the Luxor because "I couldn't take it. I'll never come back to another All-Star Game."

There are reports of a brawl between rappers and police at the Wynn Hotel.

Vegas police were simply overwhelmed along The Strip. They were there solely for decoration and to discourage major crimes. Beyond that, they minded their own business.

I was there. Walking The Strip this weekend must be what it feels like to walk the yard at a maximum security prison. You couldn't relax. You avoided eye contact. The heavy police presence only reminded you of the danger.

Without a full-scale military occupation, New Orleans will not survive All-Star Weekend 2008.

David Stern seriously needs to consider moving the event out of the country for the next couple of years in hopes that young, hip-hop hoodlums would find another event to terrorize. Taking the game to Canada won't do it. The game needs to be moved overseas, someplace where the Bloods and Crips and hookers and hoes can't get to it without a passport and plane ticket.

I'm serious. Stern has spent the past three years trying to move his league and players past the thug image Ron Artest's fan brawl stamped on the NBA.

After this weekend, I'm convinced he's losing the battle. All-Star Weekend Vegas screamed that the NBA is aligned too closely with thugs. Stern is going to have to take drastic measures to break that perception/reality. All-Star Weekend can no longer remain the Woodstock for parolees, wannabe rap artists and baby's mamas on tax-refund vacations.

This was not a byproduct of the game being held in Vegas. All-Star Weekend has been on this path for the past five or six years. Every year the event becomes more and more a destination for troublemakers.

If something isn't done, next year's All-Star Weekend will surpass the deceased Freaknik, a weekend-long party in Atlanta, in terms of lawlessness. Wide-spread looting and a rape killed the Freaknik in 1999.

The NBA's image cannot survive bedlam in the French Quarter. And I'm not sure it can survive the embarrassment of a New Orleans standoff between its fans and the National Guard, either.

If Stern wants to continue to strengthen the international appeal of his game, he has the perfect excuse to move the All-Star Game to Germany, China, England or anywhere Suge Knight's posse can't find it.

http://sports.aol.com/whitlock/_a/mayhe ... 3009990001
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Chicago is Democratic to the bone. I hate to say it, but I barely keep an eye on the local politics anymore, because we know how it is going to turn out before the election is held. Their will always be more Ghost voters than legitimate voters here. With the huge influx of needy people, soon the wallet is going to run dry. That is probably why the city raised taxes and are running the low income people out to the suburbs. We are seeing problems out here now that I have never seen before. There is no getting away from the crime. Thanks Rich!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast