Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    I guess America does not have any need for Bill Gates help.... Why do we always seem to worry about everyone In the world except ourselves.... What would 10 Billion do for our failing school systems, or our failing HOSPITALS that are already taking care of everyone In the world that cannot pay. I just don't get It........ TS

EVERYONE HOLD YOUR COLLECTIVE HORSES!

Ok ALIPACers, unless I have really missed something here I am very diappointed in what I am seeing.

First, what is the primary source of this information? Well it is the Conservative Citizens Council which has been in a lot of hot water over the racism charges. Now you all know how much credence I give racism charges, but what is the actual source of this information?

All I see is a one paragraph blurb on the Concerned Citizens website and no other sourcing.

Please, someone here explain to me that you are upset about this information and know it is accurate because???

Who among you has verified this information?

Please show me the verification this information is accurate.

If I missed someone verifying this claim please point out to me where I missed it.

I truly hope my eyes have deceived me and that a bunch of ALIPACers did not just all jump up into a public uproar here on our site over information from a questionable website without verifying the information.

If that is what just happened here then we need to to return to ALIPAC activism training 101.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

W, i went to the site itself

http://www.gmsp.org/

and it specifically says the same thing

Students are eligible to be considered for a GMS scholarship if they:

• Are African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian and Pacific Islander American, or Hispanic American;
    • Are a citizen/legal permanent resident or nationals of the United States;
    • Have attained a cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (un-weighted);
    • Will be enrolling for the first-time at a U.S. accredited* college or university as a full-time, degree-seeking, first-year student in the fall of 2010; or GED
    • Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular or other activities;
    • Meet the Federal Pell Grant* eligibility criteria; and
    • Have all three forms (Nominee Personal Information Form completed by the student, Nominator Form completed by an educator familiar with the student’s academic record and a Recommender Form completed by a person familiar with the student’s leadership and community service) submitted by the deadline.

When is "Hispanic" a race? It is an ethnicity. There are only three races in the world: white, black, and yellow; oriental, for some people.

I can see it now that you have told me that and Ive gone to find it for myself, but when info like this comes up... this is what I expect to see.

Hey folks. I just confirmed this is accurate at the scholarship source

http://www.gmsp.org/

Students are eligible to be considered for a GMS scholarship if they:

• Are African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian and Pacific Islander American, or Hispanic American;
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

(quote)

Five Gates Scholarship recipients enroll at George Fox University

Program provides full-ride scholarships to minority students identified as having leadership promise and financial need

Newberg, Ore. (Vocus/PRWEB ) January 20, 2010 -- Five students are getting the opportunity to pursue a college education at George Fox University in Newberg, Ore., this semester through the Gates Millennium Scholars Program.

The program, established in 1999, promotes academic excellence and provides an opportunity for outstanding minority students with significant financial need to reach their highest potential.

Through the program, full-ride college scholarships are provided for African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander American and Hispanic American students with high academic and leadership promise who have significant financial need.

We are extremely grateful and excited to be a participant in the Gates program and look forward to many more of their students joining our community. Recipients of the scholarship for the 2009-10 academic year include George Fox University’s Bronston Chee (biology major from St. Michaels, Ariz.), Jennifer Immingan (art major from Savoonga, Ark.), Amanda Monk (nursing major from Newberg, Ore.), Gustavo Moreno-Vela (engineering major from Woodburn, Ore.) and Grace Muange (allied health major from Portland, Ore.).
    Initially funded by a $1 billion grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Gates Millennium Scholars Program has produced more than 13,000 scholars who have attended 1,500 institutions of higher education. In all, in excess of $500 million in scholarships has been provided, and with the assistance of the Gates Millennium Scholarship Leadership Development Program, the scholars have achieved a 90 percent graduation rate – double the national average of students from similar backgrounds.

“We are privileged to have these Gates students be a part of our campus community,â€
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

From the Gates Foundation scholarship website:
    Scholarships
    Every student in the United States deserves the chance to go to college.
    Most U.S. high school students want to attend college. They recognize that higher education is the most direct path to success in their future careers. College also provides opportunities to explore talents and develop leadership skills they can use to participate more fully in adult life—at home, at work, and in their communities.

Millions of students can’t afford the tuition.
    It’s estimated that between 2006 and 2016, nearly 4.5 million students won’t pursue college degrees because their families can’t afford the high costs of higher education.

Low-income students and students of color are particularly hard hit.
    Only one in 10 low-income students can expect to graduate from college. And disproportionately fewer students of color earn bachelor’s degrees. This is not due to a lack of talent but instead to the high costs of tuition and to the fact that many graduate high school without the skills they need to succeed in college. They also lack guidance on how to choose a school, apply for admission, and fill out financial aid forms.

We will help more than 27,000 low-income students get to college by 2016.
    Thousands of low-income, minority students are highly motivated and ready for college every year. We’re working to help them get there through our scholarship programs. We’re also creating programs in lower performing schools designed to help low-income students get ready to enter—and then succeed in—college.

We believe in educating future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
    We encourage leadership and public service in the U.S. and abroad. We will provide scholarships for graduate study in fields that benefit local and global communities.

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/topics/p ... ships.aspx

It is sad the site says low income minority rather than low income AND minority students.

Re: Gates: White kids not eligible for my scholarships.

Quote Originally Posted by UB
    Bill Gates: White kids not eligible for my scholarships.
    I have a suggestion for Bill Gates....don't bite the hand that feeds you.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO PRESS "1" FOR ENGLISH ?
    Good now lets have a White kids eligible only scholarships fund and I will donate today , Thank God for the precedent ,
    BUILD A WALL DEPORT THEM ALL

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    Bill Gates scholarship recipients arrested for murder.
    Two recipients of Bill & Melinda Gates minority scholarship money, could be headed for prison instead of college. They were arrested for beating a man to death with a hammer.

http://cofcc.org/2007/08/bill-gates-sch ... or-murder/
    ====================
    This thread sounds like its straight out of Stormfront or something. Face it, Whites are targeted at every oportunity, either your a lib, or a Middle Class White. Divide and conquer.

Now, they could have based the scholarships on fincancial hardship, but to targe whites is what EVERY group is doing NOW. We cannot affor illegal immigration or LEGAL immigration from non-European countries any longer. We WILL get a Dem congress for life if the demographics dont change.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast