Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Let me offer a George Orwell quote which is most appropriate in response:

'For a creative writer possession of the "truth" is less important than emotional sincerity.'
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

'For a creative writer possession of the "truth" is less important than emotional sincerity.'
    That is a great and very appropraite quote PhredE!
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

AlturaCt:

Hey, thanks! George O. had some real humdinger quotes. I like to lay some on people whenever possible and that one really seemed to fit the bill.

Thanks for all your input and comments around here.

Good Day,

-PhE
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

PhredE here's a quote from Mark Twain, "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story".

Someone should complain about that teacher, she is undermining the values of some of those kid's parents.

andyt:

Right on! I like that one too! I've heard it, but it's been a while...
    so true though...

I think the teacher is even worse than you suggest - teach doesn't even have the facts straight. It's propaganda based in unreality.

-PhE

I think that teacher should read the Constitution aloud to the class and eat crow, when she gets to the requirements to become President.

Better yet, print off a copy and send it to school with your kid. Kids love to make the teacher look stupid.

Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    I think that teacher should read the Constitution aloud to the class and eat crow, when she gets to the requirements to become President.

Better yet, print off a copy and send it to school with your kid. Kids love to make the teacher look stupid.

Dixie
    Great idea! Hey Wavtek, have you done that yet? sent a copy of facts with your child to the teacher?
    "Remember the Alamo!"

Kids love to make the teacher look stupid.
    And, teachers really hate it when they are proven wrong by a student. If you get a call from school because your kid "talked back to a teacher" and got sent to the principal's office try not to laugh too much when you go get your kid.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Dumb teacher award of the year

I would have been in the School office the next day. This teacher should be fired. If for nothing else the fact that she teaching wrong information to the students.

Re: George Washington Was An Illegal Alien

Quote Originally Posted by WavTek
    My son's junior english class recently had a discussion on illegal immigration, with his teacher taking a pro-illegal stance. The teacher even singled out a latino student in the classroom, when she said, they only come here for a better life. She also asked the class what made them Americans. Most of the class said, because they were born here. The teacher pointed out that if that was the definition of an American, then George Washington and the other founding fathers weren't Americans, because they weren't born here, they were illegal aliens from England.

This is the education our students are getting from our public (taxpayer supported) schools. I only wish I could afford to send my son to a private school.
    WavTeck,
    Tell your son to tell his teacher that at that time this country needed people, and that that people came here to make out of this country what it is today. That those people coming now find everything on a silver platter for them, that those people are coming to destroy what the first people built up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast