Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Gilbert Shares his Views on Illegal Immigration

Gilbert Shares his Views on Illegal Immigration

http://bbsnews.net/article.php/20070925143058123

Exclusive: GOP Presidential Candidate Daniel Gilbert on Illegal Immigration
    Tuesday, September 25 2007 @ 02:30 PM EDT
    Edited by: Michael Hess

Gilbert Shares his Views on Illegal Immigration, Closing the Southern Border and Sending Millions of Immigrants Back Wherever They Came From

BBSNews Exclusive 2007-09-25 -- According to Republican presidential candidate Daniel Gilbert, millions of illegal immigrants currently in the United States must all be sent back to their country of origin, regardless of any hardships or humanitarian crisis that will surely result as American immigrant families are torn apart.

Republican Presidential candidate for 2008, Daniel Gilbert from Asheville, North Carolina.
    Image Credit: Daniel Gilbert.

In this third and final installment of a wide-ranging exclusive interview with Dan Gilbert, we bring you the unvarnished Republican viewpoint that readers will not get from top tier Republicans candidates who package their message of dis-inclusion, bigotry and divisiveness in pretty parcels of double-speak.

Dan Gilbert tells it like he sees it, and at the same time readers get a view that reveals the true GOP Republican values held by the party faithful, the "base" voters that are currently the only support left for them. As the rest of the country turns away from hatred and towards a progressive and inclusive view, Republicans are still clinging to the same old tired views, hate gays, hate immigrants, hate women for making their own choices in the world, and they have largely left behind true conservative values, fiscal conservatism, limited government, and keeping government out of the religion business.

The following transcription from tape is only edited for brevity:

Immigration and Border Issues

BBSNews: If we could turn back to the United States, you had brought up NAFTA, do you believe that the US should send the 12 to 20 million mostly Hispanic immigrants out of the country and back to Mexico or their home countries?

Daniel Gilbert We have no idea how many 12 to 20, 20 [million] is probably a better number than 12 based on the number I see here in South Carolina and western North Carolina.

BBSNews: ... Our evidence says about 12 to 20 [million illegal immigrants].

Daniel Gilbert Yep, I would say that they need to be sent back home. There are ways to screen them as they are needed to come back in for jobs, but we need to give American citizens the opportunity to apply for these jobs and start working these jobs, that are held by illegal immigrants at really low pay. I know it will be higher prices but it will also mean that the people [legal Americans] that are working will get a higher wage.

BBSNews: Do you believe that it will become, if that were to happen under your presidency, that the 12 to 20 million hispanics, mostly hispanic immigrants, that are currently in the country illegally, if they were all rounded up and sent back to their country of origin, do you believe that it will become a humanitarian crisis in terms of the families that will be wrenched apart and the dependents that will be asked to make a choice whether to be left behind or go back to a country where they might not even be welcome, ... do you believe that that will turn into a huge humanitarian crisis for the US and a crisis of conscience for wrenching these families apart?

Daniel Gilbert We have to do what is right for the country, to [the] corrupt governments and economies that are not doing well because of the totalitarian regimes in those countries it should be a humanitarian failure on their part [as] why those people are coming here.

BBSNews: Because they have a dream, I assume. If the repercussions that would come about from wrenching families apart, where part of the family are naturalized US citizens. Because some of these immigrant's families have been here for many many years they have waited; they have been on the lists for, we have a case documented here a woman has been waiting for nine years, she goes to every single immigration meeting, every single appointment that they set up, and she continually gets put off because they have such a huge backlog on acting on any of these applications. And then now, she faces deportation and she has family and children here in school, [would] you would still force her to leave and go back to the other country even though it turns out it looks like our bureaucracy that caused the strife?

Daniel Gilbert Keep in mind that the quantity of people coming in have overwhelmed the system, of course it's not their fault, but yes, she would have to go back home. If she wants to leave her kids here that were born here and whether they are "anchor babies" or not I don't know. There is a clause in the Constitution that has two conditions and I'm not sure "anchor babies" is something that is constitutional but we can talk about that later. But yes, she would have to go back home.

BBSNews: ... Let's follow up on that. Do you believe that if a undocumented citizen is in this country illegally and has a baby in a San Antonio hospital or Arizona hospital, that that baby should not be born as a US citizen?

Daniel Gilbert Under the Constitution, there are two conditions to be considered a US citizen if you are born here. One is if you are born here the other is if you are under the law of the US. It doesn't just say if you are born here you are [automatically a] citizen: you have to be under the law. An illegal immigrant in my humble opinion, is not under the law. So that over the years our liberal government has decided that if you are born here regardless of your legal status you are considered a US citizen, that needs to be changed immediately.

BBSNews: Sir, you have given an enormous amount of your time to BBSNews and we certainly appreciate it. I would like to give you an opportunity to let our readers know what would be your first single most important action if you were to become president of the US. what would be your first crucial action moving the country forward?

Daniel Gilbert ... What we have to do is seal the border, and it doesn't look like the political people in Washington have the political will or political power to seal the border properly. If we don't do that, there is no need to handle the illegal immigrants that are in our country, there is no need to fight the war on terror, the war on terror, because they can come up across the border anyway. For our national security, we have to seal the border, that would be the first thing I would do.

BBSNews: Would that extend to sealing the Canadian border as well?

Daniel Gilbert That is not as much of a threat, even though I know that there is groups up there that is pro-Islamic fascist, but the real concern is Mexico.

BBSNews: Well sir, we thank you very much for taking the time for this interview. Is there anything else you would like to share with our readers in closing?

Daniel Gilbert Yes, sure would Michael. My website is wethepeopleforpresident.com and I'll tell you what I'm about. I'm for the Constitution, I'm about doing what's right for our children and grandchildren, and on my website there will be a page called wethepeople movement, and what we are trying to do and I started it. It has nothing to do with wethepeople public group that you might have heard about. But what I am trying to do as a business man, I'm trying to inspire and encourage other conservative businessmen to run against the entrenched liberal politicians in Washington, in Raleigh, in Winston-Salem, and wherever we have entrenched liberal politicians who are trying to ruin this country.

We what we need to do is go up there enmasse, we can't do it one at the time. I can't be president and we have a Nancy Pelosi Congress and get anything done. So what we have to do is get a bunch of conservatives to run at the same time and take control of Congress and get this country back to the original intent of the Constitution, do what is best for our kids and grandkids and that means if you are young you are never going to see a Social security check if we continue to get a Democrat controlled house.

Daniel Gilbert ... What we have to do is seal the border, and it doesn't look like the political people in Washington have the political will or political power to seal the border properly
    This is almost exactly how Congressman Tancredo words this in his book, In Mortal Danger.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Have I been asleep at the wheel? Who is Daniel Gilbert? How long as he been running for president?
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

UT ..just ONE illegal is too many, let’s start w/the usurper & his cronies..!! ;)

Re: Gilbert Shares his Views on Illegal Immigration

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    In this third and final installment of a wide-ranging exclusive interview with Dan Gilbert, we bring you the unvarnished Republican viewpoint that readers will not get from top tier Republicans candidates who package their message of dis-inclusion, bigotry and divisiveness in pretty parcels of double-speak.

Dan Gilbert tells it like he sees it, and at the same time readers get a view that reveals the true GOP Republican values held by the party faithful, the "base" voters that are currently the only support left for them. As the rest of the country turns away from hatred and towards a progressive and inclusive view, Republicans are still clinging to the same old tired views, hate gays, hate immigrants, hate women for making their own choices in the world, and they have largely left behind true conservative values, fiscal conservatism, limited government, and keeping government out of the religion business.
    Hmm.. the ‘BBS’ must stand for BIGGER bull s.. er crap.., as their ‘motto’ is : Where TRUE conservative "family values" do not include hidden bigotry or blatant social and environmental ignorance.

..BUT.. just reading how they ‘phrase’ their questions, they sure sound 'liberal', 'democratic' or 'progressive'! ..take your choice of descriptions..

..and ‘Gilbert’? .. I'm guessing he's is a ploy from the REAL candidates..

..so BEWARE..!

Nice day all..!
    No need for &lsquo;mass roundups&rsquo;, simply ENFORCE EXISTING law*& MANDATE the worker ID, ..but SEVEN amnesties? Hmm, WHO cried wolf?!