Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

In 1963 or thereabouts a person could have bought a car with 3000 ounces of silver. The dollar was still pegged on silver. A silver dollar which is actually 90% silver was still in circulation. At that time the silver dollar was costing about $1.10 to coin.

Thus, with 3000 silver dollars, the 90% silver dollar valued at $3,000.00 fiat cash, a person could buy a nice car.

With 3000 ounces of silver (.999) at $18.00 per ounce that would be a car valued at $54,000.00 today.

With a 10% sales tax there would have been $300.00 in taxes in 1963. Today the tax would equal $5,400.00 in taxes.

At this point one could say all things are relative. Inflaltion adjusted the car is still affordable.

Yet with the pegged dollar there was less taxes and thus this checked the governments reach. Government could not grow or fund special pork projects as easily as now with an decoupled dollar. With the decoupled fiat the government can force the citizens to take on more debt.

So is it easier to enslave a population with a pegged dollar, or a fiat dollar?

Yes, it was a disaster to let the Dollar, or the Euro, or any other currency float. Without some type of standard, backed by at least one country’s actual possession of that physical substance, such as gold or silver, to give actual reference value to their currency, there is only slowly building hyper-inflation and worldwide anarchy. The only ones to benefit are the money traders in the currency markets, and unscrupulous countries like China, who constantly manipulate their currency on an as-needed basis.

Every single job is important and should be kept here. The whole idea of a service economy, where we all giddily serve fast food to each other, is a sham. I laughed when it was announced that this was the way of the future. China is huge in manufacturing things and their economy is booming, as ours withers and dies.

Refer to my post at: http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-184722.html for more thoughts on this subject.

Judy, your clear thinking is impressive and refreshing. Things are only presented as being complex so that we will give up and cede control of them to other, supposedly more capable “leadersâ€

[quote="50sKid"]Yes, it was a disaster to let the Dollar, or the Euro, or any other currency float. Without some type of standard, backed by at least one country’s actual possession of that physical substance, such as gold or silver, to give actual reference value to their currency, there is only slowly building hyper-inflation and worldwide anarchy. The only ones to benefit are the money traders in the currency markets, and unscrupulous countries like China, who constantly manipulate their currency on an as-needed basis.

Every single job is important and should be kept here. The whole idea of a service economy, where we all giddily serve fast food to each other, is a sham. I laughed when it was announced that this was the way of the future. China is huge in manufacturing things and their economy is booming, as ours withers and dies.

Refer to my post at: http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-184722.html for more thoughts on this subject.

Judy, your clear thinking is impressive and refreshing. Things are only presented as being complex so that we will give up and cede control of them to other, supposedly more capable “leadersâ€
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

50skid wrote,
    The whole idea of a service economy, where we all giddily serve fast food to each other, is a sham. I laughed when it was announced that this was the way of the future.
    Uh-oh, careful there. I remember the fellow that introduced us to the bright and shiny, oh so splendid and fashionable service sector economy.

[quote]Things are only presented as being complex so that we will give up and cede control of them to other, supposedly more capable “leadersâ€

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12