Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

go here join it's simple

People here need a good education on illegal aliens.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3701738&page=1

I hope this really pisses of America.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

April
    Migration of Mexicans Can't Be Stopped, Says Felipe Calderon

Mexican President Talks Exclusively to Diane Sawyer About Immigration Issues

President Bush signed a bill last year that authorized the construction of a 700-mile fence along the U.S.-Mexico border, which would cost billions of dollars.

Mexican President Felipe Calderon has called the idea of building the fence "deplorable," and said today on "Good Morning America" that he wanted to strengthen the Mexican economy to keep Mexicans there.

"Let me tell you, I think that the only way to stop migration is to provide to the people opportunities here in Mexico," Calderon said in an exclusive interview with Diane Sawyer.

The Pew Research Center estimated that about 6.2 million undocumented Mexicans lived in the United States in 2005.

A majority of the Mexicans who cross the border are young and male. And while many of the immigrants come to the states seeking jobs and security, a large number of them already were employed in their native country.

Their goal is to make money in America and to send it back home and into the Mexican economy. The transaction is a huge boost to Mexico's economy, providing $20 billion a year in additional funds.

Calderon said having the youngest, strongest and bravest leaving the home country and their families take a huge toll on Mexico.

Calderon told Sawyer that some of his own relatives live and work in the United States— "some of them in the vegetable fields, others in restaurants and others in construction," he said.

Immigration to America is a "natural phenomenon," Calderon said, because Mexico has a large, young labor force that is needed by U.S. businesses, a sentiment that some politicians and business leaders across the country agree with.

Help Wanted
    New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg has said his city would "collapse if they were deported," referring to Mexican immigrants.

The agriculture and the food service industries across the country are especially reliant on Mexican workers. A recent report out of Washington said that apple growers don't have the workers to harvest the fruit.

"If you took away Hispanic labor from agriculture and from dairying in Wisconsin, we'd be in crisis," said Wisconsin Secretary of Agriculture Rod Nilestuen. "There's no two ways about that."

Migration of Mexicans Can't Be Stopped, Says Felipe Calderon

Young male and apparently violent. That is who crosses the border Bush.
    -- John Wayne</div>

Posts from the site

If the current immigrants in the United States were legalized, they could pay taxes and remove the worry that it "still costs American taxpayers to subsidize the health-care and education costs of illegals."Most of these immigrants are hard working, honest people. They have come here for a better life, which everyone should be able to understand.Diane, the subject of the DREAM Act should also be addressed in the United States. Many intelligent upstanding young people were brought here as infants and have never had the opportunity to become US Citizens. We are losing out on all these young people could contribute if they were allowed to become citizens. They should not have to be afraid and should not have to take substandard jobs because they are "illegal". They have lived here all of their life - they deserve citizenship.
    Posted by:
    thalll 4:45 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 57
    Simply put illegal aliens are costing middle class taxpayers billions in healthcare and public school costs while crowding our hospitals and classrooms lowering our education standards. They break our laws by crossing the border and commit felonies by obtaining fraudulent social security cards and stealing the identity of American citizens. Our elected officials are negligent in not honoring their oath of office to uphold the constitution and protect American citizens. It is that simple.
    Posted by:
    LEE5155 4:31 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 56
    I believe this has been an old issue but the issue became more clear after 9/11. Americans did take more notice after corporations decided to close down plants and put middle class wage earners out of work. That's been reality, however I blame politicians because they have rolled over and played dead with the illegal immigrant issues as long as it helps corporations hire for cheap. I also agree with Pres. Calderon's statement with Diane Sawyer today, where he quoted that Mexico needs to become economically stronger, however Mexico's economy is even stronger now because he said it was good business having Mexicans work in the U.S. and send money to their families in Mexico. Let's be clear on the REAL issues here. If the U.S. built fences I don't think it still will not keep illegals out of the U.S., on the contrary it will only create resentment. For many years U.S. policy has continued to fail on immigration reform and politicians should take notice and look on ways to resolve it solely for American national security and for the good of our economy and if illegals have a purpose to make it better then there should be immigration reform that will look after both interests for the U.S. and better laws that are written defining immigrants status in the U.S., each person should be accounted. Pres. Calderon stated that all Latin American countries must bond together to create an economy as strong as China. That could also be a solution however, if Latin American countries become economically stronger then most illegal immigrants Mexican and Hispanics, would leave the U.S. for better jobs and life in their own countries. I don't believe Americans would take the jobs of the illegal immigrants, I could not see Americans picking grapes under rigorous weather conditions and sometimes without any benefits.
    Posted by:
    mariaseg 4:29 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 55
    Our company had hoped that we'd get some guidance from our government concerning this issue. Since it now realistically seems that nothing will be done, we have decided to eliminate all undocumented workers by 1/1/08. This will create a serious problem, as the ones being let go are our most industrious. They are here every day, are willing to work overtime, and really do a good job. We have been unsuccessful in trying to hire documented workers of this caliber, as they just seem to have an attitude that directly compromises their performance. This is not a sweat shop, but a normal, industrial manufacturing company. This is a national concern, affecting thousands of companies, and will directly affect our overall economy. We are small compared to others, but our growth and customer service are going to be severely affected. The unfortunate thing is that these workers will be displaced, but they will get hired elsewhere, and our company will lose in both regards. If we had a path by which we could steer workers toward getting proper documents, in a timely manner, we would not be forced to take such a measure. With the fear of DHS, INS and ICE potentially knocking on your door, or a former worker making a call to one of them, it just doesn't seem worth the risk any more. Not that we are "harboring," it's just that's what the labor pool is comprised of. It really seems that our goverments, on all levels, just don't have the willingness to address this issue. The crime is not with the workers, the crime is being committed by our inactive governments.
    Posted by:
    sampelligrino 4:27 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 54
    Until July 2005 I was a single father and member of the US Army stationed at Fort Bliss in El paso, Texas which borders Juarez, Mexico. I lived there for seven years and had the opportunity to experience the racism and in justices that were being instituted there daily against the AMERICAN PEOPLE! I am black and my ex-wife was of hispanic descent (Puerto Rican). Employment was non existent (even for her) unless you were either Mexican or knew someone Mexican who would assist you. The experience my kids had when I enrolled them in the bilingual classes being taught at Travis Elementary School on Hayes Avenue in El Paso, Texas meant that they would come home frustrated and in tears because the Spanish speaking kids were being taught English but the English speaking kids were not being taught Spanish. It was and still is my belief that this was to give the illegals and other Mexicans an edge up on the "Anglos". I am not in any way prejudice and am the proud Grandpa of two grand daughters who have a Mexican mother. I also have friends down in Torreon, Mexican. My one friend Veva did not speak english and I did not speak spanish so we had friends help with translations until we each learned enough of one anothers language to converse with each other. Once when Veva came to visit me and had interraction with some of the Mexicans here, both in passing and with one of the young ladies I worked with that helped translate and her family she stated to me before she left El Paso to return to Mexico that " the Mexican people here (in the United States) have lost their identity. They are greedy and unfriendly". In conclusion I will say that in all my travels to Torreon, Mexico, where I knew very little spanish and everyone I met with the exception of Veva's friend Martha knew no english at all were the nicest and most hospitable people I have ever met. And I've been a few places in my six years in the United States Marines and thirteen years in the United States Army.
    Posted by:
    nathaniel.c.tomlin 4:25 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 53
    (i) The US probably have forgott that they come from Europe, take the lands with extreem force... technically, you are illegal inmigrants, because you broke the indian laws.(ii) For Mexico is so hard watch our people leaves our country, for a better live, with more money.. suffering I mistreat and the scorn of owners of farms, factories, restaurants, in exchange for half of the pay that normally is paid to a citizen of the United States; for that reason it is a lie that we clear the works to them to others, in fact we took the work that others do not want to do it.(iii) If this country is badly economically is, partly, because of the North American policies and impositions. Also we must recognize that if we are as we are, is because of we ourself, the Mexicans.(iv) Without the Mexican illegal immigrants, You, the powerful United States of America, simply would fall in crisis. It is but, if all the illegal ones went to their country and returned legally, the economic crisis of the United States would be devastating, because then they would have to pay to him as it must be, they would demand services… and they would pay taxes. Finally, as much You as we were needed, would be idiot to deny it.Greetings from Mexico.City
    Posted by:
    Latin Pride 4:22 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 52
    I am really dissapointed to read all comments that have been posted by people who portray themselves as educated Americans. Also to think that most are old enough to be my parents and how dissapointing it is to think that you have also raised your children to think this way. The US is a melting pot!!!! Thousands of people come to the US for different reasons and who are we to judge since our families came here for the same reasons. I am a 24 year old latina and I am very proud to say I am of Mexican decent. I was born in the US making me Mexican American and I was not a leech to our system. Please do not generalize! My mother was 16 when she had me and never received anything from the government. She has a BA and currently works for a top defense law firm in California. My mothers sister works as a supervisor for an insurance brokerage firm in California. My grandfather came here and opened his own business and when he passed away had his home paid off. My grandmother came here and opened a restaurant and a clothes store and let me note she did this on a third grade education. I am proud of my roots. My grandfather came here legally and my grandmother did not. That does not make me any less then you. All of you who are mad about your tax dollars and where its being spent need to re-evaluate your stance on this issue and get involved. We are a democracy! Our opinions will not resolve the issue our actions will. To those who argue that immigrant workers are taking jobs away from Americans let me ask you if you could not provide for your family would you pick strawberries in 100 degree heat all day? I dont believe you would because I would not. To those that say all immigrants should learn English I side with you but not completely. I believe all Americans should stop being ignorant!!!!! We are one of the only countries who do not mandate our school systems to require all students to learn more then one language! Educate yourself and stop generalizing!!!!!!!
    Posted by:
    AEZ83 4:15 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 51
    It's interesting to me how much the Left Wing Media has such a major sympathetic slant towards illegal immigrants. Whenever there is a problem, protest, or crime against an illegal alien, right away the media is right there interviewing and stirring up more hatred. Where is the media when crimes are being committed against Caucasian American citizens? Why isn't there any such thing as "hate crimes" against white people? You portray immigrants as nothing but "peace loving people," yet why is it that the areas they reside in are the most crime ridden and dangerous places to live?Why are 25 American's per day being killed by illegal aliens? Why isn't this important to the Left Wing Controlled media? A crime against the whiteman barely makes internet news, yet if there is a crime against an illegal alien it's broadcasted across the Country! It's the rape and pillage mentality towards America and the increasing antagonism towards American's that are destroying this country. LaRaza is nothing but racist hate organization determined to rid America of the "Gringo." By the way, for all of you misinformed Mexicans out there who claim this was your land, you are wrong. This land belonged to Native Indians and they are the only culture that has a "Right" to be here. Think about this, if the Western US were part of Mexico as you claim, then it would a piece of crap third world country run by drug cartels and a corrupt government AND YOU WOULD STILL BE FORCED TO MIGRATE HERE! So why such loyalty to this country rather than showing your loyalty to America by integrating? We provide all the things that your country does not, jobs, healthcare, housing, and education for your children. Even with all that we provide as a land of opportunity you still show your thanks by hating us! Why don't you get angry at your own country, or better yet go home and try and make a difference there.
    Posted by:
    protective of America 4:12 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 50
    I think our problems with illegal immigrants Hispanics and Mexicans has been a old issue which the U.S. had not paid much attention to until 9/11 hit us. Since 9/11 it seems that we forgot who the real terrorists were in the U.S. therefore leaving Americans uncertain about the security of our borders. I think politicians are more at fault because they have not done enough for immigration reform. Politicians seem to be interested on protecting only the corporations interests, but not the people. However the U.S. it seems to be in need of new immigration reform more for our national security. It's true we should not be closing down borders, but as Pres. Calderon said we should not be wasting our money on building fences instead we should be finding solutions to the problem on immigration laws and how to secure our borders. Pres. Calderon also quoted that all Latin American countries must bond together to create a stronger economy as China has, that should give us an indication that if all Mexican and hispanic immigrants leave the U.S. to pursue better jobs and life in their own countries, then the U.S. Labor Dept., would have to deal with Americans taking those jobs left by illegal immigrants. Would Americans be ready to pick grapes under any weather conditions, do you think teenagers in America would pick the grapes instead of going to school? But then I would prefer to see my son picking grapes than joining a gangs.
    Posted by:
    mariaseg 4:02 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 49
    Obviously there is much ignorance and lack of tolerance by many Americans. Americans need to come to the conclusion that illegal immigrants are not taking jobs away. They are filling the demand of labor that is beneath the Americans. I assure you that Americans on the public welfare system would much rather sit home and collect a check than do hard labor work. Who are we kidding when we say give the jobs to young students. Nowadays kids will not even take a job a the local burger joint. Our society has changed and is now accustomed to an easier way of life. President Calderon is right when he stated that the problem will never go away. Again, the demand for this work is here and not being filled by unemployed Americans. We need to work together instead instilling racisim in our young generation.
    Posted by:
    sdramirez2007 4:01 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 48
    Sorry, but the US need our people for doing the job that you don't want to do... And the mexican people in the US work so hard for the mid of money for the "American" people... I suggest to all enjoy a beatiful film "A day without mexicans", and after this, we can talk...
    Posted by:
    Latin Pride 4:00 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 47
    second try, how about the jobs shipped overseas?...Everything is made in china? , I can't no longer find clothes made in the US. (my familia in Mexico like garments say Made in the US' ...sorry family I' cant find clothes SAYING ON THE TAG MADE IN THE US, and when I find it ( a few ) is in Saks, NM, BLOOMINGDALES AND they are expensive !!! and those are only for me,OK?... and some of you people ( usually the ignorants, close minded ones) worry about the illegals coming to work to the US WHILE the jobs are been send to China.. JA, JA, By the way we Mexicans do learn the language, we love people, and we like to learn about other countries culture. The sky is the limit!........
    Posted by:
    danniela90 3:59 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 46
    i have a job offer for you. It is at EA miller in Utah. It pays pretty good, but your hands get cold cutting up piece after peice of meat on the belt. They need help and will help with housing, sometimes you drive the cows up to the killing area, but more likely you have a hair net and 45 degree rooms to work in. If you want this job please get in touch with me. Shelley Weiss 1847 Kearns Blvd. Park City, utah. Oh, no benefits. please get in touch with the homeless, to let them know about this job offer, . Thanks, Shelley
    Posted by:
    Cuidadano 3:51 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 45
    Diane, You don't need to worry about an illegal stealing your job, now do you ? Care about Americans first, we are drowning and no one cares.
    Posted by:
    thypilgrimspride 3:49 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 44
    I am afraid, afraid of what is happening around me. He says it can't be stopped, maybe because he does not want it to stop. Why are they interfering in our politics anyway. Butt out Mexico.
    Posted by:
    thypilgrimspride 3:46 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 43
    The key word in all of this is ILLEGAL immigrant! HHEELLOOOO? Anyone there? I think most would agree that the U.S. wouldn't be the U.S. without immigrants....notice the lack of the word ILLEGAL in front of "immigrant". I don't think most people mind people from other countries wanting to come here to make a better life for themselves LEGALLY.That's what we're based on. But to come here illegally, not speak the established language, have a kid on US soil so that the bleeding hearts won't send your family back across the border, rely on OUR social systems to support you while you work here ILLEGALLY (when I can barely make it financially myself WITH AN EDUCATION) is assinine!To compare the last 230 years of our country's history to the issues at hand now....is just plain ignorant..... 230 years ago few laws had been established because we had barely become a recognized country. Now we have laws established for an acceptable way to gain legal entrance into our country. Deal with it. Two hundred thirty years ago we had a FRACTION of the population that we do now! Our new country's land was better able to support the citizens it had..there was no such thing as overcrowding..in cities or prisons. Two Hundred thirty years ago our founding fathers believed in free enterprise and the right to PURSUE happiness and take responsibility for our own lives...not unfairly taxing business owners and the middle class to support a social security and welfare system (among other things) established to help pull our nation out of a depression. I am sure FDR is rolling over in his grave knowing that illegal aliens are receiving benefits under his programs 75 years later while there are naturalized and U.S. born citizens going without basic necessities!
    Posted by:
    kakerns2 3:45 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 42
    How about the jobs we ship overseas??phill.
    Posted by:
    danniela90 3:37 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 41
    People often complaint about illegal immigratinon without knowing many facts; and also stereotyping hispanics as the only form of illegal immigration. There are jobs in America, so dont feel threatened by an illegal imigrant taking away your job. Since they are here illegal they are not taking away state or federal benefits . People complains about low wages. Sooner or later low wages would be a reality in this country, have u heard about China and low wages? Do you know about OUTSOURCING? do you know why companies outsource? . Not only illegal immigrants send money to their country of origin. It is almost every immigrant, there are people from india sending millions of dollars a year, africans, europeas, asians...etc.I think media have contributed to send wrong messages about illegal imigration and it is just creating hate among people. American should be more integrated; all the people living in this contry is part of the economy and we should unite to make this country bigger. About the spanish, Some news anchors like CNN Lou Dobbs and FOX O'reilly always are complaining about the use of spanish, making it look as if Mexicans were trying to conquer USA; when it should seen as an advantage to have people billingual in this country; no matter if its spanish, french, hindi, or mandarin. Being billingual will always be an advantage.Illegal imigrants contribute everyday to the prosperity of this country and witout getting the same benefits american citizens. American should be thankful for all the extra effort they have put to get money to feed their families. Since they dont have the same oportunities to work where they want since they are not authorized to work.America its one of the wealthiest contries in the world, and no illegal immigrant is hurting this whealth . How can people be complaining about illegal immigrants of attending schools. when this adminitration is spending millions in war, and border fences.Stop being selfish.
    Posted by:
    jessyser 3:33 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 40
    I have followed all the laws in my country all my life. Why do these people who have no respect whatsoever in our country illegally think they have RIGHTS!!! And I guess it is OK with the government . They get away with it. If I did that I would be arrested!!
    Posted by:
    sweetpea300 3:26 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 39
    We don't need illegal immigrants to do the jobs we can do ourselves. These jobs can be given to welfare recipients in Work First programs, teen agers for summer jobs, or Amerincans needing employment period.
    Posted by:
    coffeymate524 3:24 PMMark As Violation

Posts from the site

If the current immigrants in the United States were legalized, they could pay taxes and remove the worry that it "still costs American taxpayers to subsidize the health-care and education costs of illegals."Most of these immigrants are hard working, honest people. They have come here for a better life, which everyone should be able to understand.Diane, the subject of the DREAM Act should also be addressed in the United States. Many intelligent upstanding young people were brought here as infants and have never had the opportunity to become US Citizens. We are losing out on all these young people could contribute if they were allowed to become citizens. They should not have to be afraid and should not have to take substandard jobs because they are "illegal". They have lived here all of their life - they deserve citizenship.
    Posted by:
    thalll 4:45 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 57
    Simply put illegal aliens are costing middle class taxpayers billions in healthcare and public school costs while crowding our hospitals and classrooms lowering our education standards. They break our laws by crossing the border and commit felonies by obtaining fraudulent social security cards and stealing the identity of American citizens. Our elected officials are negligent in not honoring their oath of office to uphold the constitution and protect American citizens. It is that simple.
    Posted by:
    LEE5155 4:31 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 56
    I believe this has been an old issue but the issue became more clear after 9/11. Americans did take more notice after corporations decided to close down plants and put middle class wage earners out of work. That's been reality, however I blame politicians because they have rolled over and played dead with the illegal immigrant issues as long as it helps corporations hire for cheap. I also agree with Pres. Calderon's statement with Diane Sawyer today, where he quoted that Mexico needs to become economically stronger, however Mexico's economy is even stronger now because he said it was good business having Mexicans work in the U.S. and send money to their families in Mexico. Let's be clear on the REAL issues here. If the U.S. built fences I don't think it still will not keep illegals out of the U.S., on the contrary it will only create resentment. For many years U.S. policy has continued to fail on immigration reform and politicians should take notice and look on ways to resolve it solely for American national security and for the good of our economy and if illegals have a purpose to make it better then there should be immigration reform that will look after both interests for the U.S. and better laws that are written defining immigrants status in the U.S., each person should be accounted. Pres. Calderon stated that all Latin American countries must bond together to create an economy as strong as China. That could also be a solution however, if Latin American countries become economically stronger then most illegal immigrants Mexican and Hispanics, would leave the U.S. for better jobs and life in their own countries. I don't believe Americans would take the jobs of the illegal immigrants, I could not see Americans picking grapes under rigorous weather conditions and sometimes without any benefits.
    Posted by:
    mariaseg 4:29 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 55
    Our company had hoped that we'd get some guidance from our government concerning this issue. Since it now realistically seems that nothing will be done, we have decided to eliminate all undocumented workers by 1/1/08. This will create a serious problem, as the ones being let go are our most industrious. They are here every day, are willing to work overtime, and really do a good job. We have been unsuccessful in trying to hire documented workers of this caliber, as they just seem to have an attitude that directly compromises their performance. This is not a sweat shop, but a normal, industrial manufacturing company. This is a national concern, affecting thousands of companies, and will directly affect our overall economy. We are small compared to others, but our growth and customer service are going to be severely affected. The unfortunate thing is that these workers will be displaced, but they will get hired elsewhere, and our company will lose in both regards. If we had a path by which we could steer workers toward getting proper documents, in a timely manner, we would not be forced to take such a measure. With the fear of DHS, INS and ICE potentially knocking on your door, or a former worker making a call to one of them, it just doesn't seem worth the risk any more. Not that we are "harboring," it's just that's what the labor pool is comprised of. It really seems that our goverments, on all levels, just don't have the willingness to address this issue. The crime is not with the workers, the crime is being committed by our inactive governments.
    Posted by:
    sampelligrino 4:27 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 54
    Until July 2005 I was a single father and member of the US Army stationed at Fort Bliss in El paso, Texas which borders Juarez, Mexico. I lived there for seven years and had the opportunity to experience the racism and in justices that were being instituted there daily against the AMERICAN PEOPLE! I am black and my ex-wife was of hispanic descent (Puerto Rican). Employment was non existent (even for her) unless you were either Mexican or knew someone Mexican who would assist you. The experience my kids had when I enrolled them in the bilingual classes being taught at Travis Elementary School on Hayes Avenue in El Paso, Texas meant that they would come home frustrated and in tears because the Spanish speaking kids were being taught English but the English speaking kids were not being taught Spanish. It was and still is my belief that this was to give the illegals and other Mexicans an edge up on the "Anglos". I am not in any way prejudice and am the proud Grandpa of two grand daughters who have a Mexican mother. I also have friends down in Torreon, Mexican. My one friend Veva did not speak english and I did not speak spanish so we had friends help with translations until we each learned enough of one anothers language to converse with each other. Once when Veva came to visit me and had interraction with some of the Mexicans here, both in passing and with one of the young ladies I worked with that helped translate and her family she stated to me before she left El Paso to return to Mexico that " the Mexican people here (in the United States) have lost their identity. They are greedy and unfriendly". In conclusion I will say that in all my travels to Torreon, Mexico, where I knew very little spanish and everyone I met with the exception of Veva's friend Martha knew no english at all were the nicest and most hospitable people I have ever met. And I've been a few places in my six years in the United States Marines and thirteen years in the United States Army.
    Posted by:
    nathaniel.c.tomlin 4:25 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 53
    (i) The US probably have forgott that they come from Europe, take the lands with extreem force... technically, you are illegal inmigrants, because you broke the indian laws.(ii) For Mexico is so hard watch our people leaves our country, for a better live, with more money.. suffering I mistreat and the scorn of owners of farms, factories, restaurants, in exchange for half of the pay that normally is paid to a citizen of the United States; for that reason it is a lie that we clear the works to them to others, in fact we took the work that others do not want to do it.(iii) If this country is badly economically is, partly, because of the North American policies and impositions. Also we must recognize that if we are as we are, is because of we ourself, the Mexicans.(iv) Without the Mexican illegal immigrants, You, the powerful United States of America, simply would fall in crisis. It is but, if all the illegal ones went to their country and returned legally, the economic crisis of the United States would be devastating, because then they would have to pay to him as it must be, they would demand services… and they would pay taxes. Finally, as much You as we were needed, would be idiot to deny it.Greetings from Mexico.City
    Posted by:
    Latin Pride 4:22 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 52
    I am really dissapointed to read all comments that have been posted by people who portray themselves as educated Americans. Also to think that most are old enough to be my parents and how dissapointing it is to think that you have also raised your children to think this way. The US is a melting pot!!!! Thousands of people come to the US for different reasons and who are we to judge since our families came here for the same reasons. I am a 24 year old latina and I am very proud to say I am of Mexican decent. I was born in the US making me Mexican American and I was not a leech to our system. Please do not generalize! My mother was 16 when she had me and never received anything from the government. She has a BA and currently works for a top defense law firm in California. My mothers sister works as a supervisor for an insurance brokerage firm in California. My grandfather came here and opened his own business and when he passed away had his home paid off. My grandmother came here and opened a restaurant and a clothes store and let me note she did this on a third grade education. I am proud of my roots. My grandfather came here legally and my grandmother did not. That does not make me any less then you. All of you who are mad about your tax dollars and where its being spent need to re-evaluate your stance on this issue and get involved. We are a democracy! Our opinions will not resolve the issue our actions will. To those who argue that immigrant workers are taking jobs away from Americans let me ask you if you could not provide for your family would you pick strawberries in 100 degree heat all day? I dont believe you would because I would not. To those that say all immigrants should learn English I side with you but not completely. I believe all Americans should stop being ignorant!!!!! We are one of the only countries who do not mandate our school systems to require all students to learn more then one language! Educate yourself and stop generalizing!!!!!!!
    Posted by:
    AEZ83 4:15 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 51
    It's interesting to me how much the Left Wing Media has such a major sympathetic slant towards illegal immigrants. Whenever there is a problem, protest, or crime against an illegal alien, right away the media is right there interviewing and stirring up more hatred. Where is the media when crimes are being committed against Caucasian American citizens? Why isn't there any such thing as "hate crimes" against white people? You portray immigrants as nothing but "peace loving people," yet why is it that the areas they reside in are the most crime ridden and dangerous places to live?Why are 25 American's per day being killed by illegal aliens? Why isn't this important to the Left Wing Controlled media? A crime against the whiteman barely makes internet news, yet if there is a crime against an illegal alien it's broadcasted across the Country! It's the rape and pillage mentality towards America and the increasing antagonism towards American's that are destroying this country. LaRaza is nothing but racist hate organization determined to rid America of the "Gringo." By the way, for all of you misinformed Mexicans out there who claim this was your land, you are wrong. This land belonged to Native Indians and they are the only culture that has a "Right" to be here. Think about this, if the Western US were part of Mexico as you claim, then it would a piece of crap third world country run by drug cartels and a corrupt government AND YOU WOULD STILL BE FORCED TO MIGRATE HERE! So why such loyalty to this country rather than showing your loyalty to America by integrating? We provide all the things that your country does not, jobs, healthcare, housing, and education for your children. Even with all that we provide as a land of opportunity you still show your thanks by hating us! Why don't you get angry at your own country, or better yet go home and try and make a difference there.
    Posted by:
    protective of America 4:12 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 50
    I think our problems with illegal immigrants Hispanics and Mexicans has been a old issue which the U.S. had not paid much attention to until 9/11 hit us. Since 9/11 it seems that we forgot who the real terrorists were in the U.S. therefore leaving Americans uncertain about the security of our borders. I think politicians are more at fault because they have not done enough for immigration reform. Politicians seem to be interested on protecting only the corporations interests, but not the people. However the U.S. it seems to be in need of new immigration reform more for our national security. It's true we should not be closing down borders, but as Pres. Calderon said we should not be wasting our money on building fences instead we should be finding solutions to the problem on immigration laws and how to secure our borders. Pres. Calderon also quoted that all Latin American countries must bond together to create a stronger economy as China has, that should give us an indication that if all Mexican and hispanic immigrants leave the U.S. to pursue better jobs and life in their own countries, then the U.S. Labor Dept., would have to deal with Americans taking those jobs left by illegal immigrants. Would Americans be ready to pick grapes under any weather conditions, do you think teenagers in America would pick the grapes instead of going to school? But then I would prefer to see my son picking grapes than joining a gangs.
    Posted by:
    mariaseg 4:02 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 49
    Obviously there is much ignorance and lack of tolerance by many Americans. Americans need to come to the conclusion that illegal immigrants are not taking jobs away. They are filling the demand of labor that is beneath the Americans. I assure you that Americans on the public welfare system would much rather sit home and collect a check than do hard labor work. Who are we kidding when we say give the jobs to young students. Nowadays kids will not even take a job a the local burger joint. Our society has changed and is now accustomed to an easier way of life. President Calderon is right when he stated that the problem will never go away. Again, the demand for this work is here and not being filled by unemployed Americans. We need to work together instead instilling racisim in our young generation.
    Posted by:
    sdramirez2007 4:01 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 48
    Sorry, but the US need our people for doing the job that you don't want to do... And the mexican people in the US work so hard for the mid of money for the "American" people... I suggest to all enjoy a beatiful film "A day without mexicans", and after this, we can talk...
    Posted by:
    Latin Pride 4:00 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 47
    second try, how about the jobs shipped overseas?...Everything is made in china? , I can't no longer find clothes made in the US. (my familia in Mexico like garments say Made in the US' ...sorry family I' cant find clothes SAYING ON THE TAG MADE IN THE US, and when I find it ( a few ) is in Saks, NM, BLOOMINGDALES AND they are expensive !!! and those are only for me,OK?... and some of you people ( usually the ignorants, close minded ones) worry about the illegals coming to work to the US WHILE the jobs are been send to China.. JA, JA, By the way we Mexicans do learn the language, we love people, and we like to learn about other countries culture. The sky is the limit!........
    Posted by:
    danniela90 3:59 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 46
    i have a job offer for you. It is at EA miller in Utah. It pays pretty good, but your hands get cold cutting up piece after peice of meat on the belt. They need help and will help with housing, sometimes you drive the cows up to the killing area, but more likely you have a hair net and 45 degree rooms to work in. If you want this job please get in touch with me. Shelley Weiss 1847 Kearns Blvd. Park City, utah. Oh, no benefits. please get in touch with the homeless, to let them know about this job offer, . Thanks, Shelley
    Posted by:
    Cuidadano 3:51 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 45
    Diane, You don't need to worry about an illegal stealing your job, now do you ? Care about Americans first, we are drowning and no one cares.
    Posted by:
    thypilgrimspride 3:49 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 44
    I am afraid, afraid of what is happening around me. He says it can't be stopped, maybe because he does not want it to stop. Why are they interfering in our politics anyway. Butt out Mexico.
    Posted by:
    thypilgrimspride 3:46 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 43
    The key word in all of this is ILLEGAL immigrant! HHEELLOOOO? Anyone there? I think most would agree that the U.S. wouldn't be the U.S. without immigrants....notice the lack of the word ILLEGAL in front of "immigrant". I don't think most people mind people from other countries wanting to come here to make a better life for themselves LEGALLY.That's what we're based on. But to come here illegally, not speak the established language, have a kid on US soil so that the bleeding hearts won't send your family back across the border, rely on OUR social systems to support you while you work here ILLEGALLY (when I can barely make it financially myself WITH AN EDUCATION) is assinine!To compare the last 230 years of our country's history to the issues at hand now....is just plain ignorant..... 230 years ago few laws had been established because we had barely become a recognized country. Now we have laws established for an acceptable way to gain legal entrance into our country. Deal with it. Two hundred thirty years ago we had a FRACTION of the population that we do now! Our new country's land was better able to support the citizens it had..there was no such thing as overcrowding..in cities or prisons. Two Hundred thirty years ago our founding fathers believed in free enterprise and the right to PURSUE happiness and take responsibility for our own lives...not unfairly taxing business owners and the middle class to support a social security and welfare system (among other things) established to help pull our nation out of a depression. I am sure FDR is rolling over in his grave knowing that illegal aliens are receiving benefits under his programs 75 years later while there are naturalized and U.S. born citizens going without basic necessities!
    Posted by:
    kakerns2 3:45 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 42
    How about the jobs we ship overseas??phill.
    Posted by:
    danniela90 3:37 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 41
    People often complaint about illegal immigratinon without knowing many facts; and also stereotyping hispanics as the only form of illegal immigration. There are jobs in America, so dont feel threatened by an illegal imigrant taking away your job. Since they are here illegal they are not taking away state or federal benefits . People complains about low wages. Sooner or later low wages would be a reality in this country, have u heard about China and low wages? Do you know about OUTSOURCING? do you know why companies outsource? . Not only illegal immigrants send money to their country of origin. It is almost every immigrant, there are people from india sending millions of dollars a year, africans, europeas, asians...etc.I think media have contributed to send wrong messages about illegal imigration and it is just creating hate among people. American should be more integrated; all the people living in this contry is part of the economy and we should unite to make this country bigger. About the spanish, Some news anchors like CNN Lou Dobbs and FOX O'reilly always are complaining about the use of spanish, making it look as if Mexicans were trying to conquer USA; when it should seen as an advantage to have people billingual in this country; no matter if its spanish, french, hindi, or mandarin. Being billingual will always be an advantage.Illegal imigrants contribute everyday to the prosperity of this country and witout getting the same benefits american citizens. American should be thankful for all the extra effort they have put to get money to feed their families. Since they dont have the same oportunities to work where they want since they are not authorized to work.America its one of the wealthiest contries in the world, and no illegal immigrant is hurting this whealth . How can people be complaining about illegal immigrants of attending schools. when this adminitration is spending millions in war, and border fences.Stop being selfish.
    Posted by:
    jessyser 3:33 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 40
    I have followed all the laws in my country all my life. Why do these people who have no respect whatsoever in our country illegally think they have RIGHTS!!! And I guess it is OK with the government . They get away with it. If I did that I would be arrested!!
    Posted by:
    sweetpea300 3:26 PMMark As Violation
    Admin Link: 39
    We don't need illegal immigrants to do the jobs we can do ourselves. These jobs can be given to welfare recipients in Work First programs, teen agers for summer jobs, or Amerincans needing employment period.
    Posted by:
    coffeymate524 3:24 PMMark As Violation

EXACTLY CORRECT
    -- John Wayne</div>