For those who are not familiar with "Knowledge Process Outsourcing" or KPO, it is a process whereby experienced American workers are forced to train cheap foreign replacements or create documentation to have their jobs sent overseas to inexperienced young foreign workers who lied on their resumes to get jobs they didn't deserve to steal from Americans.

Let's hope that Anil Kumar goes from doing "KPO" to doing KP in a much deserved prison stretch...

http://www.spendmatters.com/index.cfm/2 ... r-Arrested

Godfather of KPO and McKinsey Director Anil Kumar Arrested
Posted At : October 16, 2009 12:54 PM
Related Categories: Jason Busch
I usually don’t cover stories like this, but because of the importance of the subject and some personal connections, I thought it would be worth offering up an insider take (pun intended). Earlier today, as reported in the Wall Street Journal and Market Watch, a billionaire hedge fund manager was arrested for insider trading. "So what?" you might say. Another financial fat cat will end up in Club Fed. Madoff this year, Raj Rajaratnam next. But there’s a fascinating side note to this story in that a McKinsey Director, Anil Kumar, one of the industry's godfathers of knowledge process outsourcing (KPO), was also arrested as part of the scheme. A friend once told me that McKinsey does not make many mistakes when promoting to the partner level (I’ve worked with a number of former McKinsey consultants over the years and can vouch for this). But he told me they never make a mistake when promoting to Director (the equivalent of senior partner). Well, maybe not until now.

Perhaps a little bit of history is in order in this case. Kumar, who was arrested with a number of other executives earlier today in the same insider trading scandal, was no typical consulting partner. As mentioned above, he was a leader and innovator in the area of knowledge process outsourcing. According to the book Information Systems Outsourcing: Enduring Themes, Global Challenges, and Process Opportunities edited by Rudy Hirschheim, “The international consulting firm McKinsey initiated a project in 1995 led by Anil Kumar to exploit reductions in global telecommunications rates that would create opportunities for 'remote business services' … this led McKinsey to establish a knowledge center in Delhi whereby staff and researchers would develop models and analyse trends for McKinsey consultants worldwide.â€