Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Going on the offense - Introducing new legislation

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense2010
    I know that there is a thread already about going on the offense so sorry if this is too much of a duplication. I wanted to start a new thread about the possibility of getting someone in the House early next year introduce legislation which would levy heavy penalties on those that hire illegals and mandating the use of e-verify.

Someone like Michele Bachmann or Darrell Issa. The new House would likely pass such legislation and it might also pass the Senate with enough push. Although Obama would likely veto it, it would be a major stain on him for 2012.

I am a newbie here and I don't know much about Congress other than the basics. However, I am fired up by the Dream Act nearly passing. My House rep is a good one and is a Republican. I might check into seeing if I can get a meeting or at least visit their office.

We need to identify someone in the House who would champion such a thing. I am new. Any ideas?
    We have a very good friend In the House already In Heath Shuler (D) N.C This Is the original bill that he Introduced In the House In 2007 (The Save Act) This Is the bill that we need to try and pass... http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z ... 04088:@@@P Oh,and by the way... Wecome to Alipac... Then re-Introduced.... It has more sponsers now http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.3308:
    Thank you for this information. I will read and learn about the SAVE Act. I will push it with my House Rep and also others in my area (many Republication who might be supportive).

If everyone focuses on one good piece of legislation, then it should get the attention that it deserves. Thanks again for the SAVE Act info!

Re: Going on the offense - Introducing new legislation

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    I know that there is a thread already about going on the offense so sorry if this is too much of a duplication. I wanted to start a new thread about the possibility of getting someone in the House early next year introduce legislation which would levy heavy penalties on those that hire illegals and mandating the use of e-verify.

Someone like Michele Bachmann or Darrell Issa. The new House would likely pass such legislation and it might also pass the Senate with enough push. Although Obama would likely veto it, it would be a major stain on him for 2012.

I am a newbie here and I don't know much about Congress other than the basics. However, I am fired up by the Dream Act nearly passing. My House rep is a good one and is a Republican. I might check into seeing if I can get a meeting or at least visit their office.

We need to identify someone in the House who would champion such a thing. I am new. Any ideas?
    We have a very good friend In the House already In Heath Shuler (D) N.C This Is the original bill that he Introduced In the House In 2007 (The Save Act) This Is the bill that we need to try and pass... http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z ... 04088:@@@P Oh,and by the way... Wecome to Alipac... Then re-Introduced.... It has more sponsers now http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.3308:
    Thank you for this information. I will read and learn about the SAVE Act. I will push it with my House Rep and also others in my area (many Republication who might be supportive).

If everyone focuses on one good piece of legislation, then it should get the attention that it deserves. Thanks again for the SAVE Act info!

Holy Cow! My House Rep Mary Bono Mack is not a cosponsor of the re-introduced SAVE Act! I am all over this one. I am new to activism, but I don't care if I am somewhat naive with how the Congress works. At least I will try and do what I can to help.

P.S. I think that it is great that a democrat, Heath Shuler, sponsored this SAVE Act.

WELCOME TO ALIPAC commonsense2010

Stick around here and you will become a well trained activist in no time....this is a great place to learn the ropes.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12