Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

been buying most of mine from out of country dealers, off eBay.
    "When the Government Fears the People, there is Liberty. When the People Fear the Government, there is Tyranny."

Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    Bush: 'Unsettling Times' for Economy
    Thursday, September 20, 2007 10:56 AM EDT
    The Associated Press

http://broadband.zoomtown.com/news/read ... CCLM_UNEWS

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Bush says these are "unsettling times" for the economy because of turbulence in the housing market. Bush is holding a news conference at the White House, his first since Aug. 9. A week after approving modest troop cuts in Iraq, President Bush prepared to face questions about the war and other issues.

While Bush anticipated questions about Iraq, the president planned to open with a statement challenging Democrats on their proposal for a $35 billion increase in a children's health insurance program. Bush has threatened to veto the bill.

The $35 billion increase for the State Children's Health Insurance Program, called SCHIP, would bring total spending to about $60 billion, or twice the level sought by the Bush administration. The president planned to urge lawmakers to send him a simple extension of the program if both sides cannot agree on terms of a new measure.

On Iraq, Bush announced last week he was beginning a series of limited troop withdrawals from the current high level of 168,000. He said 5,700 forces would be home by Christmas and that four brigades — for a total of at least 21,500 troops — would return by July.

I am not aware of this part of the plan for the NAU..

they are intentionally crashing the dollar to use that as an excuse to form the union??????????????

are you friggin serious???

Please go here and see top banner. Is that the type of gold to buy?

http://www.dailypaul.com/

I don't know and want some clarification

Quote Originally Posted by BrightNail

they are intentionally crashing the dollar to use that as an excuse to form the union??????????????

are you friggin serious???

Please go here and see top banner. Is that the type of gold to buy?

http://www.dailypaul.com/

I don't know and want some clarification
    I have mostly been buying silver, but either gold or silver, I recommend you just go to a coin shop and pay cash for it if possible. Make sure you check the spot price before you go shopping and don't let them rip you off. www.kitco.com or www.apmex.com have a quick and easy way to check the price. Make sure it reads .999 fine gold if you're buying bullion. You can buy bullion and not risk siezure, just make sure you pay cash.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightNail

they are intentionally crashing the dollar to use that as an excuse to form the union?????????????? Are you friggin serious???
    Couldn't be more serious, my friend. They want us so hard up that we will cave even into slavery. That's where people will have to decide between freedom and the NAU, because if we don't, we'll end up with out either of those. To choose freedom would mean a revolt against the NAU. I believe that's what all of the detention centers are for. To choose the NAU would mean more third world conditions and absolutely no borders, security or culture for that matter. Money? what money..there won't be any. We'll all be slaves for minimum wage, if that.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJustice
    I've listened to several shows this past week on the economy.......and according to the economists, the U.S. is on the verge of bankruptcy. The dollar will be worth nothing.......they are advising, that the wise thing to do is invest in gold and silver. But be careful which gold. The government will impound certain gold purchases.

The country is so far in debt (mostly to foreign gov's, i.e., China), and we keep "printing" money that is worthless, the government is digging the grave of the U.S.
    From what I understand if you buy coins and not bullion, you are fine. If you have the cash, you can buy it at coin shops.

During the depression the government confiscated all gold ,it was agaisnt the law to own it . I think collector coins was ok . And only the rich collected coins, so go figure .

Any gold should have been bought last year ,when it was 300 an once .

Invest in getting back your nation ,then maybe we will have the previledge of ownership and assets . We pay about 60% of our income to fund other nations, wars and immigrants . Everything we touch,smell,eat,drink, wear,watch and use is taxed , right down to the air we breathe .

Quote Originally Posted by Hapexamendios
    been buying most of mine from out of country dealers, off eBay.

If the shiite hits the fan, people who don't have will be robbng the ones who do . By then Marshall law will be in effect and you won't have protection ,no 2nd ammendment .

So if any gold or silver is required to be handded over, what good would it do you? If your caught using it couldnt you be arrested?

Jbird during a crisis you would do best not to disclose your posession of gold to government authorities. One way around this is gold and silver coins.

You can purchase gold coins in 1oz all the way down to 1/20th of an oz. The most credible and valuable are the Canadian Maple Leaf gold coins. They are .999 pure! Next up is the American Eagle coins and then the Krugerand. The difference here is that although the Krugerand is not as pure it is a well known and trusted standrad. In fact, its success caused the minting of gold coins here. In a tragic time Krugerand will bring legitimacy. Try to avoid purchasing overly ornate or special interest coins. While they are the same weight in gold, in a crisis situation you may run the risk of the buyer or exchangers ignorance getting in the way of an equal exchange. The maple leaf coins are a good bet.

One thing to consider is this...If you purchase gold by the ounce in the form of bullion/bar you would pay (today's rate) $735 ish an oz. Now if buying by the ounce isn't possible or cost prohibitive, then you can purchase coins. The problem would be that you will end up paying much more for an ounce of gold buying them piece by piece as the coins are most affordable in the smallers oz fractions. But it is still a good way to go. Try and buy them at a local business. if you purchase gold online you will pay service charges and shipping and handling fees. This is the downside of smaller purchases.

Since we are talking about protective currency it might be good to mention why gold is valuable. Basically it is both a liquid and tangible asset. Liquid just means its easily traded, everyone knowsn its value and there is a market for it. Tangible means brick and mortar. In contrast a stock would be liquid and not tangible. It has been established as a tradable currency thru human history.

Silver coins are also a good pad to have. While silver doesn't have the value of gold, likely you can use it for its ability to be much more easily divided and broken into smaller denominations. You can pad your protective currency with some silver coin or bars, but coins are much more practical. Silver was today at $13 an ounce.

I'm a fan of the gold standard myself. When the dollar starts to tank-and it will here soon-the feds will simply resort to printing more money and we will enter inflation. Thats what I hate about fiat economies.

Just curious-are silver dollars really solid silver or a mix like 14k gold?
    Thanks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast