Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

a good letter to the editor

I saw this letter to the editor in my local paper :

Why Hurry on Illegal Immigrant Issue

I read an article about 25 years ago in which the author predicted that by the turn of the century the average American worker would be competing for low-wage jobs. The writer said that this would be a contrived situation brought on by the collusion of global corporate interest, the object being to create in America a Third World labor pool.

He said that this would be accomplished in three ways: squashing of unions, exportation of good-paying jobs, and flooding the labor market with illegal immigrants. The first two parts of the prophecy have been nearly fulfilled. The president, having won re-election, and having promises to keep and capital to spend, now has four years in which to fulfill the latter part.

Suddenly, almost magically, immigration has been capitalized and promoted to the front burner. "I'm going to find supporters on the Hill and move it," the president recently said in reference to changing laws that would let undocumented immigrants work legally in the country.

Why is he in such a hurry on this issue? You would think he had a Mexican brother-in-law waiting at the border. The president offers a very revealing statement: "We would much rather have security guards chasing down terrorists or drug runners or drug smugglers than people coming to work."

Why is it that for four years, while he was campaigning, he never confessed that terrorists were coming across the border? Answer: This would have necessitated the closing, not the opening up, of the borders. The electorate would have insisted. But now re-election concerns are nonexistent and the president has capital.

What is really frightening is that, in spite of 86 percent of the American people opposed to it, there is major support from both sides of the aisle on this issue. And that seldom bodes well for the rest of us. When the big fish swarm together, the little fish better get goin'.

Wayne Ingram, Springfield, IL
    -------
    I'd like to see that article he read 25 years ago. Quite priescent.
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

How right you are Mr. Ingram. Great letter to the Editor.

The prophecy has indeed been fulfilled.

The big fish are united; locked in arms; holding hands; and probably kissing each other on the cheeks as well.

IT IS TIME, as you say, for the Little Fish to get goin'....thank God we're Pirahnas!!

And can clean their bones in 60 seconds!!

Aaaaargh!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You tell 'em, Judy....fellow piranha... They ain't seen nothing yet!!

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

We need some land sharks!

I'm sharpening my teeth now!!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Do the corporate globalists really think that the wages will stay as low as they want them to? If the article prediction about competing for the low wage jobs comes true, some jerk (like me) will just aid in organizing the cheap labor into giant labor unions, thereby re-inacting the labor movement of the 1930's. The wages will rise again and all they accomplished is sticking it to their fellow Americans. To them I guess it's worth it for a few good years of profit.

Tyson Foods is one of the largest employeers of illegal aliens, they were even caught in the process of ordering illegal workers from a coyote! Nothing happened to them of course. When in the supermarket, pay special attention to chicken and chicken products, don't buy anything with the Tyson label. Look for their top competitors names.

• Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (PPC)
    • Smithfield Foods, Inc. (SFD)
    • Swift & Company

The same reason I won't set foot in a Home Depot store, at least Lowe's hasn't set up Illegal Day Laborers centers on their grounds like HD has, not in California anyway. Not a boycott, just a way of life for me! Don't buy into the myth that American workers are lazy and can't do a good days work, yes I have heard that. I have bought Honda and Toyota cars for years, unpatriotic you say? They both have been assembled right here in the United States for years now, by hard working American workers. Somehow, they manage to maintain top quality with those "lazy" workers. Detroit could put out just as good a product, if the top execs weren't bleeding the companys so dry, they have to cut corners everywhere. At the time Iacocca was heading Chrysler, he was getting $20+ Million dollars a year, his counter part at Toyota was making $1.8 Million. Wow fancy that an additional $19.2 million dollars to put into a better product. Corporate and personal greed is ruining this country, our government and fueling this invasion.

"Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth. "
    -Abraham Lincoln- Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
    November 19, 1863

p.s. Sorry for the long winded rant, I just had back surgery and couldn't sleep!
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion
    Devotion?? Hardly. They were conscripted and if they didn't fight they'd be shot! I don't call that devotion...I call that the last full measure of coercion.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Same was true in WWI, WWII, Korea and Viet Nam, RR.

53,000 AMERICANS from both sides died in the Battle of Gettysburg.

The overwhelming majority owned neither property nor slaves.

The soldiers of the North were fighting to keep the nation together and the soldiers of the South were fighting for states rights.

The soldiers of the south were fighting for states rights, their families and their income...the soldiers of the north were fighting b/c Lincoln would have had them in prison or facing a firing squad if they didn't...they just happened to be victims of geography.

RR

RR--true. I'm from Missouri which was a Union state but half of the state was south of the Mason Dixon Line including the half I was raised in. It was most certainly a war of geography. A lot of battles were fought in that state often times brother against brother.

A sad and awful time in American History.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast