Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Good News on the DREAM...but take it with a grain of salt

I just spoke with one of Senator Grassley's (R-IA) staffers. He does not feel the Durbin DREAM Act amendment will make it to the floor this week for a vote. He just reviewed what he called a "Web Forecast" for amendment action this week and the Durbin amendment isn't even listed. He said that there are only 52-53 votes projected (at this time) in favor of the amendment if it even came up for a vote. He thinks it will probably be pulled.

Very encouraging news but don't take this for absolute gospel. It is just one DC insider's perception. Just cross your fingers that it turns out to be true and let it put a little spring in your step. But, we must not let up. Keep calling, faxing and e-mailing!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    I hope and pray

Thanks Zeezil, and I agree we can't take anything for granted. For example, I spoke with a staffer from Sen. Johnson's office who said that the DA is still being "debated" and could come for a vote later this week (or earlier, who knows).

So let's keep on calling, faxing etc.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks Zeezil!!! And that's right....keep working. It's not over til it's over!!!

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Thanks Zeezil!!! And that's right....keep working. It's not over til it's over!!!
    I don't think it going to be over in my lifetime........

MW
    Zeezil wrote:

He said that there are only 52-53 votes projected (at this time) in favor of the amendment if it even came up for a vote.
    Even that is to close for comfort. A few more back room deals and promises could still possibly net him the 8 more votes he needs. Now is not the time to relax our efforts!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

While your calling tell them to shredd the AG'S bill !!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Re: Good News on the DREAM...but take it with a grain of sal

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    I just spoke with one of Senator Grassley's (R-IA) staffers. He does not feel the Durbin DREAM Act amendment will make it to the floor this week for a vote. He just reviewed what he called a "Web Forecast" for amendment action this week and the Durbin amendment isn't even listed. He said that there are only 52-53 votes projected (at this time) in favor of the amendment if it even came up for a vote. He thinks it will probably be pulled.

Very encouraging news but don't take this for absolute gospel. It is just one DC insider's perception. Just cross your fingers that it turns out to be true and let it put a little spring in your step. But, we must not let up. Keep calling, faxing and e-mailing!!!
    KEEP CALLING, Grassley's aide told me the same thing this Morning.

Keep calling!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Zeezil wrote:

He said that there are only 52-53 votes projected (at this time) in favor of the amendment if it even came up for a vote.
    Even that is to close for comfort. A few more back room deals and promises could still possibly net him the 8 more votes he needs. Now is not the time to relax our efforts!
    Exacty, that's what I said to the staffer, that 52-53 votes is too close for comfort and he said "don't sweat it (yet). If there were like, 58 projected votes, then that would be too close for comfort." You know Tricky Dickie D is twisting arms and making back room deals for another 7-8 votes. Keep the pressure on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast