Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GOP leaders stopping vote on E-verify...Pass this Jobs Bill

Received this from www.numbersusa.com
    National political consultants apparently have convinced top House Republican leaders that they should do nothing about immigration this fall out of fear of alienating one open-borders group or another.

All of our Capitol Hill personnel are picking up information this week that these GOP leaders currently plan to keep the Legal Workforce Act (H.R. 2885) from a House floor vote this fall.

The reasoning is absurd in that they supposedly don't want to do anything that detracts from their focus on jobs.

Your task is to immediately and massively ensure that these Republican leaders understand that IMMIGRATION IS A JOBS ISSUE and that H.R. 2885 IS a jobs bill.

Here are the U.S. Representatives currently blocking movement on the Legal Workforce Act that requires all employers to use E-Verify and to fire illegal aliens who already are working for them:
    Speaker of the House Boehner (Ohio)

House Majority Leader Cantor (Virginia)

House Majority Whip McCarthy (California)

House Chairman of Ways & Means Committee Camp (Michigan)

Members of the Ways & Means Committee
    Friends, you have proven repeatedly over the years that by all working together you can change the political storyline.

Now is a most important time to do it again.

Speaker of the House John Boehner

Butler County Office
    7969 Cincinnati-Dayton Road
    Suite B
    West Chester, OH 45069
    (513) 779-5400
    (513) 779-5315 fax
    Miami County Office
    12 South Plum Street
    Troy, OH 45373
    (937) 339-1524
    (937) 339-1878 fax

Washington, D.C. Office
    1011 Longworth H.O.B.
    Washington, DC 20515
    (202) 225-6205
    (202) 225-0704 fax Toll-free number
    Residents of the 8th District
    of Ohio may use the toll-free number: (800) 582-1001

http://boehner.house.gov/Contact/

use the 4 digit zip code 45373-3282

Eric Cantor

Office of the Majority Leader
    H-329, The Capitol
    House of Representatives
    P: 202.225.4000

Richmond
    4201 Dominion Blvd, #110
    Glen Allen, VA 23060
    P: 804.747-4073
    F: 804.747-5308

Culpeper
    763 Madison Rd #207
    Culpeper, VA 22701
    P: 540.825-8960
    F: 540.825-8964

Washington, DC
    303 Cannon Building
    Washington, DC 20515
    P: 202.225-2815
    F: 202.225-0011

http://www.majorityleader.gov/contact/contact.html

House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy
    https://forms.house.gov/kevinmccarthy/w ... cribe.html

Use zip code 93309
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I DO NOT SUPPORT THE PRREMPTION CLAUSE IN THIS BILL. VERY DANGEROUS. I HOPE THIS BILL CRASHES & BURNS.

Pls. tell me....

Quote Originally Posted by Mayflowerchick
    I DO NOT SUPPORT THE PRREMPTION CLAUSE IN THIS BILL. VERY DANGEROUS. I HOPE THIS BILL CRASHES & BURNS.
    Can you tell me about this clause....I'm clueless. I just know numbersusa if also fighting hard against illegals. Thx

The federal E-verify law will preempt state E-verify laws. It is a problem, since our real hope of stopping illegal immigration in my opinion rests with the states and their laws. However, I believe this was done to avoid companies having to comply with 2 E-verify laws with different requirements. The federal law has a staged compliance period depending on the size of the company but requires all are compliant with E-verify within 36 months, the larger companies are first with 12 month compliance, then smaller companies within 24 hours and the farmers and maybe some others within 36 months.

I would like to see the preemption clause removed before final passage, because states have the inherent authority to verify that workers in their state are legal and verified as such and the sooner they are the better.

That said, Congressional Republicans better listen to the voters of this country instead of paid political consultants who are probably double agents for the Dems and the Globalists trying to destroy this country.

If Republicans don't pass the E-verify bill now, without a preemption clause, they will be heading into the 2012 elections without 1 job creation bill for US citizens. If I were them I wouldn't want to be in that unacceptable position.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think Americans are going to have to threaten these Repubs.

We need a movement that pledges we will all vote Democrat unless they pass it.

I am worried about the pre-emption clause too, as my state passed 100% e-verify four years ago. But I believe it will be amended into it or simply language that will exempt those states until the federal rule goes into full effect.

I would like to see the preemption clause removed before final passage, because states have the inherent authority to verify that workers in their state are legal and verified as such and the sooner they are the better.
    Then you have states like California that are trying to eliminate or ignore immigration laws. When these states do not protect their American citizens from illegal immigrants we need a strong President and administration to enforce Federal Immigration laws.

Quote Originally Posted by jd421
    I think Americans are going to have to threaten these Repubs.

We need a movement that pledges we will all vote Democrat unless they pass it.

I am worried about the pre-emption clause too, as my state passed 100% e-verify four years ago. But I believe it will be amended into it or simply language that will exempt those states until the federal rule goes into full effect.
    Exactly. There are simple solutions to the preemption issue and I'm fairly confident there's no malcontent involved in the clause, it was just a means to make compliance uniform, but uniformity is less important to citizens of this country than results and the states pushing earlier compliance should be afford their inherent authority to do so.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn