Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Got a Generic reply from Tom Kean

Its close to the mark but infinately better than that racist scumbag Menendez. Vote for Tom Kean if youre in NJ...

Dear Friends:

Thank you for your correspondence inquiring about my position on immigration. I apologize for the delay in my response. Thousands of interested citizens have been emailing me and I am working diligently to answer each and every one. As you are aware, post-Labor Day the campaign moves quickly and I wanted to make certain you received a response from me on this important issue.

Legal immigration is important for the future of our nation and we must encourage it. However, illegal migration that is left uncontrolled and unchecked threatens our national and economic security.

Our borders are not secure and this is totally unacceptable. Securing our borders must be our first priority. Washington must increase the number of border agents, make better use of technology, and have adequate facilities to detain those who are caught illegally entering or country.

We are a nation of immigrants but we are also a nation of laws. I oppose any proposal that provides amnesty to those who have broken our laws and entered our nation illegally. For those who are currently in the United States illegally we must enact a program that allows the majority of undocumented individuals to register and remain in the U.S. temporarily, before requiring them to return home. At that time, those individuals would be allowed to apply for reentry through legal means.

It is also imperative that we address the need for employers to secure a legal workforce. We must provide employers with verification tools and access to legal temporary foreign workers who will fill jobs that Americans will not do. Once we have accomplished this, employers should be penalized if they continue to hire undocumented workers.

The goal is not to close our borders to immigrants, but to require people to enter our country legally.

I am frustrated with the immigration legislation passed by the U.S. Senate. It creates a massive new guest worker program which undermines the true immigration reform that a majority of American people are demanding from their Congress. I disagreed with Bob Menendez’ vote in support of this bill - not only does it reward illegal behavior, but the Washington Post reported that under the plan, “newly legalized immigrants would claim nearly $50 billion in federal benefits such as the earned income and child tax credits, Medicaid, and Social Security.”

My opponent Bob Menendez is wrong on immigration. Menendez has flip flopped on border security, voted in favor of a massive guest worker program, voted in favor of allowing illegal aliens to collect Social Security benefits and voted against requiring photo identification at the polls. Over the course of his career in Congress, Bob Menendez voted against hiring 10,000 to 20,000 new border agents and at least five times voted against a border security fence. At every step of this debate Menendez has been far out of the mainstream, and he’ll have a tough time explaining these votes to the people of New Jersey.

America welcomes legal immigration, but we must uphold the law. The result of the bill passed by the Senate would mean that individuals who came to this country illegally will now be considered legal workers and on their way to American citizenship. Millions of law abiding applicants wait in their home countries for years for the opportunity to come to America, and this legislation dishonors those who have come to our country the right way. We will never solve the problem of illegal migration by rewarding those who break our laws, and the Senate was derelict in their responsibility to the American people to pass real immigration reform.

Thank you for the opportunity to share my thoughts with you on illegal immigration. I encourage you to visit my website at www.TomKean.com for more information on my views on immigration under the link “Immigration” in the New Jersey Issues section and to sign onto the Kean Network in the upper right hand corner for news, updates and events in your neighborhood. Please feel free to contact me with any further questions you may have.

I am asking for your support, your help, and your vote this November.

Sincerely,

Tom Kean Jr.

I'm voting for Tom Kean Jr. He finally has come out about illegal immigration!

I'm glad to see he's on our side. He has a fundraiser today in Bridgewater with George Boosh Senior.

Hopefully, if he gets elected he will follow through with campaign promises. (I'm hopeful that's all I have to say)

He'll win for sure. His father was in politics so his name hold alot of value.

I think most people want Menedez out of office, especially after McGreevy left office in disgrace and Menedez was his stand in.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We are a nation of immigrants but we are also a nation of laws. I oppose any proposal that provides amnesty to those who have broken our laws and entered our nation illegally. For those who are currently in the United States illegally we must enact a program that allows the majority of undocumented individuals to register and remain in the U.S. temporarily, before requiring them to return home. At that time, those individuals would be allowed to apply for reentry through legal means.
    Maybe there's not much choice here.
    Does this plan seem at all reasonable to anyone. Looks like this is his escape hatch? Maybe I'm just tired of the "nation of immigrants" ignorance.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

UB

Got a Generic reply from Tom Kean

I know Mr. Kean from his "work" in Trenton. He is NOT a profile in courage. This msy be as far as he will go on this subject, but if you are from NJ, keep the pressure on him.

UB
    If you ain't mad, you ain't payin' attention = Terry Anderson.

MW
    For those who are currently in the United States illegally we must enact a program that allows the majority of undocumented individuals to register and remain in the U.S. temporarily, before requiring them to return home. At that time, those individuals would be allowed to apply for reentry through legal means.
    This is totally confusing to me. In one sentence he advocates allowing illegals to remain in the U.S. before returning home. In the very next sentence he says, "At that time, those individuals would be allowed to apply for reentry through legal means." Does that make sense to anyone on ALIPAC? Sounds like double speak to me. Those that are currently in this country, by current law, should be given a deportation order and not allowed apply for return for 10 years. The have broken our laws and should be punished for doing so. In my opinion, these folks should never be allowed to return to the United States under any circumstance (they've already shown the color of their spots). If I'm reading this correctly, it would appear as if Kean supports giving illegal immigrants temporary status in the United States while they await the legal process to put them on a path to legalization. Is it possible I'm reading this wrong? Perhaps he's supporting the Pench/Hutchinson plan. In any case, sounds like he is ready to put the folks at the head of the line.

With that said, I know Menendez is a pro-illegal alpha wolf and should not be reelected. Basically, I don't care for either choice, but I guess if you were to adhere to the "lesser of two evils" position - you'd have to go with Kean. You know, this is happening in a lot of places throughout the country, our cause just doesn't have a lot of people we can put 100% of our support behind. Another example would be Arnold S. in California. We know he's not a great choice for the Governor of California, but what choice do we anti-illegal immigrant advocates have - his opponent would crush our cause in California! Geez, if Arnold was booted, every illegal in California would have a drivers license within 12 months. I wish we had more politicians running for office that were distancing themselves from the pack in favor of anti-illegal immigration measures. What about anchor babies? I haven't heard anyone currently running for office speak against the abomination. Come on anti-illegal immigrant politicians, separate yourselves from the pack!!!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn