Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Got a phone call from a Democratic State VA rep on Sunday

A VERY confrontational one, on the day my husband returned from Iraq, of all days.

He called up and asked me who I was, and if I had been the one to write a letter to him on January 28th or so on bills that Republicans are trying to pass on immigration in the State legislature. I couldn't remember, because it was through a Virginia anti-illegal immigration web site -- was more a form letter that I had just put my signature to.

Anyway, he called up, asked me if I remembered what I wrote. I said, NO, I don't, and he, rudely, said, "Well, then I'll just hang up then."

I didn't let him off, though. I engaged him in a conversation and informed him of my views. The conversation was tense and he continued to be extremely rude, even raising his voice to me at me at times.

I asked him if this was how Democrats operated -- just call up the constituents and intimidate them on various issues.

As the conversation went on and I explained to him this was the day my husband had returned, he began to quiet his tone down.

Still, I just couldn't believe how this state representative, a Democrat, had decided to call me up and harass me about a letter I'd put my signature to on this issue.

Much of his talk centered around the premise that there are "no Americans who want to do the blue collar jobs" that illegals are doing. I said to him, that may be true in some cases, but it DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT that the costs of these employees are being passed off to the American taxpayer!! I told him about my experiences in a local health dept. watching hoardes of illegal women signing up for Medicaid on the day they received their positive pregnancy results. He acted like he'd never heard of this type of things happening before and said it was illegal -- and I told him, well, IT'S HAPPENING IN VIRGINIA!!!

Anyway, we talked for a good 45 minutes and the call ended amicably, but I've just NEVER, EVER dreamed of being hassled by a state rep for taking the time to write a letter and show concern about an issue.

I wonder what I should do, or if this is what we are to expect -- harrassment and intimidating for speaking on our views to our elected officials on this issue in particular.

You could call the Speaker of the Legislature to complain and get a list of each Democrat and Republican Senator and Representative and detail your interaction with this gentleman via email. It is a further reason too that these politicians rank low in approval. You might also contact the National DNC and the State DNC and tell your story. You could also write an open letter to your local newspaper and tell what happened. Give the man's name and make sure that his constituents know how he treats American voters and taxpayers. Tell your husband thank you and welcome home.

Have a good week.

Ephesians 4:32
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    Could you complain to someone over him?

Honestly, I don't know what to do or think. It would be my word against his.

JJMM-please keep us informed as to what action you take, this could prove very interesting if you decide to do as the one poster said and write to a newspaper about it.
    I really can not believe one of them actually called you! You could not have been the only one in Va to have sent him(?) that letter.being a fellow Virginian you have my curiosity piqued as to who it was.

i am so proud that you didn't get intimidated and stood your ground! you might want to think about posting his name etc here, pm William. (work on getting him replaced next election)

thank your husband for me, my prayers are with our people who have returned and those still over there.

You might consider contacting:

LEGISLATIVE COMMITTEES DEALING WITH ETHICS

VIRGINIA

Senate Privileges & Elections Committee

General Assembly Building

910 Capitol Street, P. O. Box 396

Richmond, VA 23218

804/698-7450

House Privileges & Elections Committee

General Assembly Building

910 Capitol Street, P.O. 406

Richmond, VA 23219

804/698-1019

http://www.fec.gov/pubrec/cfsdd/ethiccmte.htm

Am so happy your husband has returned home.
    I too wish to thank your husband for his service to our country and you and your family for the sacrifices you endured.

"If You Can Read This Thank A Teacher If You Can Read This In English Thank A Soldier!"
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you all for the contacts. I will write someone as soon as I get the time.

What this experience showed me was that here I received a call from a state representative, but furthermore, this man was a business owner who had made his lively fortune from owning service stations in which he has employed a variety of illegal immigrants over the years.

So, HE's not going to let go of his source of labor without a fight. Here is a man who made a lot of money off the backs of illegals, even put hmself into a state senate seat from it -- and so, folks like me who serve to threaten that way of life are going to hear the brunt of his anger -- even receive personal phone calls from them if need be.

I'm telling you -- it's AMERICANS who are selling out America -- not just politicians. The politicians are just in cahoots with them ...and in this case, the sell out IS the politician as well.

There are HUGE forces at work in this issue -- people WITH money who are not going to give it up, and will rationalize the presence of illegals in this country until the cows come home. It's not all corporate execs ..it's the gas station owners, the 7/11's the small restaurants, etc. Anywhere they are employed, take a look at the owner -- THOSE are the people driving this -- and yes, some of them are even in office.

Democrat or Republican -- doesn't matter. If they're making their livelihood off illegal workers, they're going to fight it with all the money and power they have.