Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Government Admits Lying About Jailed Border Agents

World Net Daily

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=54132

"Government admits lying about jailed border agents"
    Inspector confronted on Capitol Hill, says promised 'proof' does not exist

February 6, 2007

Rep. John Culberson, R-Texas
    A Department of Homeland Security official admitted today the agency misled Congress when it contended it possessed investigative reports proving Border Patrol agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean confessed guilt and declared they "wanted to shoot some Mexicans" prior to the incident that led to their imprisonment.

The admission came during the testimony of DHS Inspector General Richard L. Skinner before the Homeland Security Subcommittee of the House Appropriations Committee, according to Michael Green, press secretary for Rep. John Culberson, R-Texas.

Culberson was questioning Skinner about a meeting DHS officials had Sept. 26 with him and three other Republican congressman from Texas, Reps. Ted Poe, Michael McCaul and Kenny Marchant.

WND previously reported that at that meeting the DHS Inspector General's office asserted it had documentary evidence Ramos and Compean:

1, confessed to knowingly shooting at an unarmed suspect;

2. stated during the interrogation they did not believe the suspect was a threat to them at the time of the shooting;

3. stated that day they "wanted to shoot a Mexican";

4. were belligerent to investigators;

5. destroyed evidence and lied to investigators.

Under questioning by Culberson, Skinner admitted DHS did not in fact have investigative reports to back up the claims: "The person who told you that misinformed you," Skinner reportedly replied.

This prompted a startled and angry response from Culberson, who charged Skinner's office with lying to the Texas congressmen and painting Ramos and Compean as dirty cops.

Ramos and Compean began prison sentences last month after their actions in the shooting of a drug smuggler who was granted immunity to testify against them.

Responding to Skinner's testimony yesterday, Poe said it "explains why DHS has been stonewalling Congress."

"DHS didn't turn over the reports to us to back up their September 26 accusations for one simple reason – the reports never existed," the Texas congressman said.

"Why did it take DHS four months to admit their error?" he asked. "I wonder how much more has DHS told the public and Congress about Ramos and Compean that simply isn't true?"

Poe said he's determined to get to the bottom of DHS's claim.

"I expect this new revelation will lead to a lot more questions before we're done," he said.

Andy Ramirez, who has been involved with the case as chairman of Friends of the Border Patrol, told WND the DHS's actions "represent obstruction of justice, and they should be held in contempt of Congress, and, if possible, prosecuted to the full extent of the law."

"This admission today is yet more proof of how they are willing to distort the facts, as I have charged all along, in order to ensure a conviction," he said.

I hope they prosecute and hang out to dry every last one who had a part in this injustice to our agents.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

For as sad as this is, it should not surprise us. Look how they are distorting the effectiveness of the Minutemen.

This is getting more and more ridiculous as it goes. The fact that our BP and guardsmen on the border can't truly defend themselves is bad enough. But when the powers-that-be, such as DHS and President Bush, turn a blind eye and try to hide themselves from the true issues is sickening, shameful, and dangerous to our society. The DHS commiting perjury while two agents sit in prison, one getting beaten...IS THIS A GAME OR A NON-ISSUE TO THEM!!!

How many future BP agents are thinking twice about signing up thanks to this gross negligence
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

I hope the guilty parties get the book thrown at them. Just how long did they think they could hold off from telling the truth? Did these fools think this was just going to go away? I AM FURIOUS!

The Democrats have all of this power now, and they said that things would be different, why aren't they helping??????

Neese, did you really think the democrats would help in anything that might cast a negative light on illegal immigration? Know this, whatever they say, they are one and all for illegal immigration, they will do nothing to help the border agents or anyone against illegal immigration, anyone who thought different, has to be as niave as I once was about Bush!

I have been saying before this is all over, this will go all the way to the top and that included Bush in this horrible outrageous claim against the border patrol, the only thing I am not sure of is the true motive!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Neese, did you really think the democrats would help in anything that might cast a negative light on illegal immigration?
    In reality, no. But with all of this hoopla about how the Democrats are going to change the world, I was hoping that they meant for the better. I am infuriated that all of these frivolous lawsuits are won by criminals and freeloaders, and then we have to send decent people to prison? I am so tired of the carp!!!

Here the letter the rep of 20th section of FL, a Democrat, how she answered my letter about the attack Ramos the B.P. was victim. I sent her also the email I received with all the details.

February 7, 2007

Ms. xxxxxxxx

3xxxxxxxxxx

Aventura, FL

Dear Ms. xxxxxxxx

Thank you for contacting me regarding immigration reform. I appreciate hearing from you on this important matter.

As you may know, hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants cross our borders illegally each year. While many of these immigrations are searching only for a better life for their families, this influx of people burdens federal, state and local government resources. To reduce these costs, many Americans reasonably call for the federal government to gain control of our borders and to reduce the population of illegal immigrants. As your Representative, I am committed to passing meaningful immigration reform that fixes our broken borders and protects America's citizens and legal immigrants.

For the security of our nation, it is imperative that we know exactly who is in our country. The very real threat of terrorists crossing our borders means we must develop a policy that puts the security of the American people first. For that reason, we must not only gain control of our borders, but we must also provide millions of illegal immigrants already living here an incentive to come out of the shadows and to be counted and identified.

Our current immigration system is failing, and I believe our country must mend its broken borders. For that reason, I support a comprehensive solution that both relieves pressure on our borders and also resolves the status of the estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants living in our country. Employment verification systems to prevent employers from hiring unauthorized individuals are a critical component of comprehensive immigration reform.

Rather than throwing billions of dollars away on a fence that would not solve the problem, I instead support alternative proposals that would increase funding for detention facilities, border patrol agents, and port-of-entry inspectors. I believe we should end the Bush Administration's "catch-and-release" program by providing our border patrol agents with more resources to help hold and detain illegal immigrants. Until Congress gets serious about authorizing the technology, personnel, and equipment needed to monitor and secure every mile of the border, a partial fence will not begin to solve the problem.

Additionally, I do not believe that state and local law enforcement resources should be used to fund a federal responsibility. Congress should not "pass the buck" to already overstretched police departments. If it did, new immigration enforcement responsibilities would distract local officers from their primary responsibilities of solving violent crimes and ensuring the safety of their communities. Our broken borders are a federal problem. We need a federal solution.

Please know I will keep your concerns in mind and continue to keep you updated on this and other pressing issues of the 110th Congress. Thank you for contacting my office, and please do not hesitate to do so again regarding this or any other matter. I also invite you to visit my Web site at www.house.gov/schultz for additional information and legislative issue updates.

Sincerely,

Debbie Wasserman Schultz

Member of Congress

DWS/sn

It make me sick.......

JAK
    Not one democrat has stood up for these two border patrol agents!

They try to act like they are hearing us when it comes to the war...but they have a deaf ear when it comes to stopping illegal aliens from massively invading our country and border security!

They try to make us believe, democrats and some republicans... that this problem is so huge that we cannot contain it and we just have to give in. THATS A LIE FROM HELL!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast