Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

Government bennies for legal immigrants....

I am hoping someone can help me identify the program that aided this man.

My husband is now an area supervisor in his company. There is a man, who came legally from Vietnam that has been with the company for some time now, but has remained static in his position, content I suppose, and makes less than my husband.

The other day he was talking to my husband, asking if he knew about the Section 8 program. My husband told him he really did not know much about it, and then asked why. This man explained he was considering it as a means to rent out one of his three houses....

My husband said he had to stand back and look him over to see if he was serious, he was, and then the question came to my husbands mouth "how did you get three houses working here?" (he also owns the house he lives in). He told my husband that when he first came here the government helped him buy a house, although he was making very little, and went on about how nice the American government has been to him, and how they also gave him money to get himself started up in buying other houses too.

Aside for the fact that this man is a nice man, and his gratitude was sincere and he was not aware how offended my Vietnam Veteran (wounded over there too) husband was by this new knowledge. I too am offended, but not because of him, how could he have known that this cash cow the government apparently offers anyone, except their own citizens, to go out and become homeowners not only once, but several more times, is not offered to this nations own citizens who have shed their blood, sweat and tears over the success and defense of it all.

So, we have been trying to get out of the slum rental we have been stuck in for so long, and just am wondering about this government program, and plan to go and talk to this program about getting some help. Wondered if anyone here has any idea which one would have put forth so much funding to help with down payments and excessively low interest on the mortgages? Was this ACORN, or some other corrupted group? Or was this an actual goverment agency doing this?

If it is a legitimate government agency, then I think it is high time for them to roll out the red carpet for their own citizens the way they have for others, and if they simply cannot afford to do that, then I think it is high time they stop offering something to people who are here with no savings, no proven credit history and are at the bottom of the pay scale, when the citizens of this nation plow on, working our tails off to pay the taxes that give them this very money, taking away the chance for us to build up any savings which we seem to be required to have in order to buy a home.

I am angry not just for ourselves, but for many out there, who have been robbed blind by a government who then turns and gives away this money to people, who although here through sometimes very difficult circumstances, had yet to work their way up the ladder like the citizens have.

I think there should be no more funding, no more government give-aways of taxpaying citizens hard earned dollars anymore. No more special "grants" because you stepped onto American soil for the first time, and no more low interest loans offered to just a few. If it cannot be offered to all, then no one should be singled out for special favor.

Anyone know which goverment agency does this?
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I DON'T KNOW WHAT GOVERNMENT PROGRAM THIS COULD BE, BUT I SURE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW THE GOVENMENT CAN JUSTIFY DOING SOMETHING LIKE THIS AND KEEPING THEIR OWN CITIZENS IN THE DARK. THERE ARE SO MANY AMERICANS LIVING IN SUBSTANDARD HOUSING, AND THE U.S. GOVERNMENT SEES FIT TO PULL A STUNT LIKE THIS. I'M IN NEED OF A DECENT PLACE TO LIVE MYSELF AND I WONDER IF THE FEDS WOULD HELP ME. THEY WOULD RATHER SEE THEIR OWN HOMELESS FIRST IN ORDER TO KISS @** OF FOLKS FROM OTHER COUNTRIES

Probably the same one as the Vietnamese .
    They were able to buy business and I always wonder how the Mexicans were able to have business also..I would love to but my parents were born here so i was born here and I was young and stupid and ended up with bad credit at a young age. I didn't just come over from another country at as an adult with a nice clean record.I had to earn that darn bad credit...
    But I remember when the Vietnamese came over and took over garden grove ca they had business and food-stamps housing nice cars and the people of orange county was a little pissed off.In fact that Little Saigon sign they put up on the garden grove freeway kept coming down..It would go up then someone would take it down but they won..It seems we don't live the american dream because we were born here thats our curse its their blessing.

well they should check to see if they are a citizen also let Me see your paper's Not the news Paper The Birth Ceritificatie .
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Southbronx, this guy is a citizen, and quite proud to be one. I have no issue with the people coming over, it is really not their fault the government fawned all over them and gave them all the benefits that they neglected to make available to everyone else, the immigrants did not realize this was, or would be an issue, and I can guess, assumed this was available to you and me.

My issue is with this government. It does make me angry and feel bitter. I know it does others.

I think it is high time people pressure the government in simply no longer offering up our taxpayer dollars to immigrants that they would otherwise not make available to all. If we had less and less of these programs and giveaways, less taxes, this would mean the rest of us might have a chance to start making our way into home ownership or business ownership.

I often hear from the OBL side that "immigrants" will start businesses, to this I say on both sides of the issue, legal and illegal immigrants can afford to as they are more likely to come here and double or triple up on living quarters, and legals getting special loans and grants to do so, the rest of us are unwilling to live two families to a two bedroom place, and cannot access the same monies the legal immgrants are getting.

Pressure needs to be put onto our government to stop helping out strangers more than they help their struggling citizens out. This way, even if we do not take any money, and further burden our own system, then we can at least level the playing field, and Americans can begin to rebound from this neglect.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Vietnamese who were allied to America were given these rewards for claiming they couldn't stay in their country for fear of "retribution". The same thing will happen when we eventually leave Iraq and Afghanistan.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Vietnamese who were allied to America were given these rewards for claiming they couldn't stay in their country for fear of "retribution". The same thing will happen when we eventually leave Iraq and Afghanistan
    I as my parents felt so sick when we heard the stories what they went through on the boats, I have to say most of them truly appreciate what America has done for them..Not the kids they had and the little ones that grew up don't have a clue what their family's went through
    . They have formed gangs and have known to victimized the older Vietnamese. They would break into their home and find the weakest one and threaten to pour boiling water over the elderly or a baby all for the valuables they think they brought from the home country.

As for the Mexicans they know the dangers of getting here.They drag the kids and they get raped all because mommy wanted to get everything for nothing by bringing the kids here. They have no morals or values notta nothing just hate and greed.They come here to bring us down .They are already criminal's its not like we get to pick the best of the best nope they stay in Mexico we get the pond scum .

Ratbstard, I agree that these guys my huband works with, lots of them in their 40's and 50', who were there when it was all going on, do truly appreciate what they have here, and his co-worker had no clue how insulted this mkes my husband to hear his own government, the one he enlisted to help, went over and endured bombing raid after bombing raid, was injured in one of those and watched a friend get hit dead on with a bomb (yes he has nightmares about it), this same government he suffered giving his time for over there, has left him with a troubled mind, and at times has even refused to help him with the troubles he has from all of that (we have to pay out if he seeks mental health help).

This same government gave away all manner of goods to the immigrants from this, but neglected the soldiers who fought valiantly over there, leaving many so mentally changed, they cannot truly function in our society, and the longer their circumstances drug on, the more anti-social many of these people have become. My husband was lucky he was in a communications base and not out in the bush, and that he has us to keep him going and focused, but I am now the one, who after years of having to help him through things and trying to deal with the long term aftermath of what war does, am getting angry at the government giving away to everyone who steps onto our soil for the first time, yet when my husband needs help to even stop the mightmares, he is told he has to pay for the help, let alone other issues.

I know the Vietnamese immigrants from this are grateful, and have always worked hard and been upstanding people. I just wish that the government would be as gratefult to the military people who served over there, as much as they showed their gratefulness to the citizens over there who helped them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ExCaliGal
    Probably the same one as the Vietnamese .
    They were able to buy business and I always wonder how the Mexicans were able to have business also..I would love to but my parents were born here so i was born here and I was young and stupid and ended up with bad credit at a young age. I didn't just come over from another country at as an adult with a nice clean record.I had to earn that darn bad credit...
    But I remember when the Vietnamese came over and took over garden grove ca they had business and food-stamps housing nice cars and the people of orange county was a little pissed off.In fact that Little Saigon sign they put up on the garden grove freeway kept coming down..It would go up then someone would take it down but they won..It seems we don't live the american dream because we were born here thats our curse its their blessing.
    I was living right up the road in Anaheim , I saw it happen

Overnight Garden Grove became a 3rd world country

AmericanElizabeth...I could be wrong but I think that Section 8 falls under the domain of HUD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast