Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Grassfire Billboard Missing?

The wonderful MOD EDIT anti invader billboard I told you about a couple of days ago is gone! It was only dedicated earlier this week and was supposed to be up for one month. Today is was replaced by another billboard for a Charter School with ties to the Hispanic community. Did these folks offer the billboard co. Clear Channel more money or something? An acquaintance and I both called the various TV newsrooms this morning to see if they could find out why it was removed. I saw nothing on the news and so far haven't heard back any explanation why the billboard was replaced with another one. I'm sure some dirty behind the scenes work took place, either by local politicians or by the bill board company.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

MW
    Did these folks offer the billboard co. Clear Channel more money or something?
    I don't have a clue as to what happen, but I do know Clear Channel is pro-illegal. All networks are pretty much that way - the more viewers, the more money. They've been pandering to hispanics for awhile now.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MOD EDIT should demand and explaination. They paid for the billboard and should demand it go back up!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Shortly after I posted this here, I also e-mailed MOD EDIT and already got a reply. Here's what the guy said, "they moved it to another location."

[i]The billboard company reserves the right to move the board.
    They exercised that right. Although we haven't gotten an answer yet from the bb company, our guess is the land owner
    didn't approve of the message and demanding it be moved to another location. Even though it's somewhat disappointing, we were
    told the new location is just as strong and trafficked.

Thanks for the heads up.

Ron DeJong
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

I keep hearing in the news how this billboard is soooooo contraversial. I don't get it, why is wanting to uphold the laws so contraversial?
    It just pisses them off to hear the truth!!!!
    People on the other side, that are interviewed, keep saying its racist. What part of "Stop the Invasion" is racist toward the "Brown" people?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=5169604&nav=menu216_2

Anti-illegal-immigration billboard draws criticism
    July 19, 2006 07:36 AM
    Email to a Friend Printer Friendly Version
    Steve Elliott, president of MOD EDIT says, "I think those six words express the sentiment of literally millions of people and I would say the vast majority of people in Tucson."
    'Stop the Invasion' billboard moved to new I-10 location
    House Speaker Hastert heading for the Mexican border
    Cochise County signs off on fencing near the border
    Illegal-immigrant rights group to hold Arizona rally for reform
    4 remaining defendants in human-smuggling case ordered released
    Anti-illegal-immigration group leaders questioned about spending
    Sheriff's Office, federal immigration agents in jurisdiction spat
    Governor says incident illustrates workers' quest
    50 Kansas National Guard airmen heading to Arizona border
    Authorities find dozens of migrants in suspected stash area

A conservative nonprofit organization called MOD EDIT has put up a billboard on Tucson's Southside that says, "Stop the Invasion. Secure our borders."

This billboard went up Friday and will be up for 30 days.

You can see it from Interstate 10 at the 6th Avenue exit.

Steve Elliott, president of MOD EDIT says, "I think those six words express the sentiment of literally millions of people and I would say the vast majority of people in Tucson."

Grassfire raised roughly $150,000 to put 12 of the billboards in 7 states.

Elliott says the purpose is to educate.

He says, "In fact, we have 12-to-20 million people who are in our country illegally. This is an invasion, in fact, that's affecting our economy. It's draining our social services. It's a drain on our health care."

Elliott, who denies the message is racist and anti-immigrant, says, "I'm the son of a Jamaican immigrant. We believe in legal immigration."

On the flipside, Alexis Mazon thinks the billboard is racist. She speaks for the illegal-immigrant rights group Derechos Humanos Coalition.

Mazon says, "This is a horrendous ploy by an Iowa hate group to raise the level of hysteria in this community and to dehumanize anyone who's brown."

Mazon believes that's why the billboard is located on Tucson's Southside.

She says, "That's not to promote dialogue. It's meant to promote hate. Invasion is a term of war."

Mazon says, "if they are really concerned about stopping the number of migrants crossing, they should make a sign that says 'Stop NAFTA'."

There is something both sides agree on.

The billboard stirs emotions.

When MOD EDIT formally unveiled the sign Tuesday morning, three police cars and three police bike units stood by to make sure there wasn't trouble.

Already, the billboard's been defaced with what looks like paint thrown at it. Under it, on the ground, News 4 found a paint can lid and what looks like tennis balls that had been filled with paint.

Katy Texas

Just outside of Houston, in Katy, Texas the Grassfire Billboard is also under attack. The Hispanic community wants it removed. Funny, how they didn't object to this Billboard.

Billboard on Jones Rd. & F.M. 1960, Houston, TX

I think this one should be taken down. What if we call a truce?

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This was copied from SOS.

All,

There is a campaign being organized by segments of the Hispanic
    community against Grassfire's "Stop the Invasion" billboard on the
    Katy Freeway. They are asking people to pressure the sign company
    into taking it down. One group is reportedly trying to set up a
    meeting with the company management to more fully exert such pressure.

We are asking you to consider taking a moment to contact the company
    and express your opinion. The sign company's name and contact info is
    below.

SIGNAD Outdoor Advertising
    1010 North Loop
    Houston, TX, 77009
    713-861-6013
    shannon@signad.com

A segment of the Hispanic community is claiming the sign is racist,
    and some truly believe that is what motivates those who want secure
    borders. Race is not a motivating factor for TFIR. We are concerned
    about the security of both borders and internal immigration violations
    regardless of race, ethnicity and country of origin.

It comes down to national security, national sovereignty, and
    maintaining rule of law for a well-functioning society.

The issue is not Hispanics, nor Whites, Blacks, Asians, etc.

There are terrorist organizations funneling people into the the U.S.
    There is a sex slave trade bringing women illegally into the country.
    The drug trade continues to thrive, with connections to terrorist
    organizations. We have a heck of a problem, and it's not about race.

If you contact the sign company, we would be interested in what kind
    of response you receive.

Patty
    Texans for Immigration Reform, Inc.
    http://www.tfir.org/
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

A controversial billboard has been moved from Tucson's Southside to north of Downtown.

The conservative nonprofit group MOD EDIT put the billboard up last Friday at Interstate 10 and South 6th Avenue.

The billboard says, "Stop the Invasion, Secure our Borders."

The message is a reference to illegal immigrants coming to the United States.

When Elizabeth and Marvella Vargas left Gym's Fitness Center Friday morning, they noticed that the billboard was down, and the women were glad.

Elizabeth Vargas says, "My parents came as illegal immigrants and they came for a better life, and I feel everyone is entitled to that."

Marvella Vargas says, "I think (the billboard) it's just racist. To come down here in this particular area of town, this is primarily a Hispanic neighborhood."

Friday morning, Clear Channel Outdoor Sign Company took the billboard down from I-10 and South 6th Avenue and put it up at I-10 and Miracle Mile.

Clear Channel won't say why, but clearly it'll be more difficult to vandalize the new location.

Steve Elliott, MOD EDIT 's president, says the move is okay with him.

Elliott says, "The billboard is going to get a little different audience, so we're not disappointed the billboard has been moved and we hope it draws more people to this debate."

Deanne Connor liked the sign where it was.

Connor says, "I think they should secure our borders because there are a lot of people coming over to the United States that we don't know if they're terrorists or not."

Illegal-immigrant rights activists hoped the sign was down for good.

They're promising to lobby Clear Channel to remove it permanently.

Isabel Garcia, of Derechos Humanos Coalition, says, "We're joining youth groups that are intent on demanding that Clear Channel not permit this kind of hate messaging in our community."

MOD EDIT says it has paid to keep the billboard up for 30 days.

http://kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=5183194&nav=HMO6
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

"Isabel Garcia, of Derechos Humanos Coalition, says, "We're joining youth groups that are intent on demanding that Clear Channel not permit this kind of hate messaging in our community." - from the mouths of babes...

I saw the billboard in it's new location today. It a decent location too. This time it will catch the view of people who've entered Tucson from Phoenix. Before it sat on the South Side, the home of the heaviest Hispanic population.

Isabel needs a lesson on what the voice of hate really sounds like, every time she opens her mouth.

Elizabeth Vargas says, "My parents came as illegal immigrants and they came for a better life, and I feel everyone is entitled to that."
    There's that entitlement mindset again. The only thing they're entitled to, is deportation.

Marvella Vargas says, "I think (the billboard) it's just racist. To come down here in this particular area of town, this is primarily a Hispanic neighborhood."
    Silly me, I thought Tucson was an American city.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast