Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April

Greeley Residents sound off about ICE raids

Two Cents callers sound off about ICE raid on Swift

Your Two Cents
    December 16, 2006

ICE should have checked everyone
    I'm calling about the protest that the Latinos had down at the Monfort plant. I think the Immigration and Customs Enforcement office should have checked their ID and Social Security number.

Wayne, Evans

It will help economy
    The troops did a good job and it's not going to hurt the economy. As a matter a fact, it's probably going to help.

Julie, Greeley

A sad Christmas for kids
    There will be judgment and God is going to be the ultimate judge. Also, these kids whose parents were taken away will not be having a joyful Christmas and New Year.

Sylvia, Evans

I'm sorry for all the hate
    For you racist Two Cents callers: Your comments are ridiculous. I can't help but sit back and laugh at you and feel sorry for you and all your hate inside.

Veronica, Greeley

Don't be enablers
    The raids at the Swift plants were a good thing. It was long overdue. But, since when do we take the criminal element and get them off the street and out of our community and then give money to their families? Since when do we as a society start giving money to the families of criminals? Don't be the enablers, don't pay these criminals to come and live in our community. We don't want the criminals here. Put the money where it's needed, like in the foster care.

Bob, Greeley

Treat them like humans
    A few people are saying they're being treated like lawbreakers and animals. Since when do minimal lawbreakers have to have chains put on them? People were really treated badly. These people are human. They need to treat them like humans regardless of why they're here or how they got here. They need to think of the families, the children, the economy, the homes and cars they are going to be losing, the bills.

Mona, Greeley

Whites are afraid
    Whites are in favor of this raid because they're scared of the Mexican people who are here.

Jerry, Pierce

A threat to economy
    I for one (and I am Hispanic) celebrated when I saw the raid. These people are criminals who are breaking the law. They are a threat to our economic future by draining our system from free health care to housing and public aid. It's sad that ICE gave special treatment to Swift by delaying the raids. But I'm glad that they at least did the raids and hope they continue to do so.

Marie, Greeley

Come back again, ICE
    I want to thank ICE for coming to Greeley and would welcome them back into our community at any time.

Debbie, Evans

Immigrants will work
    It's wrong when people say they're glad that ICE came. It's sad what ICE did. Immigrants should come here and work because there are some people who are from here who don't work but go and ask for money.

Melissa, Evans

ON JOBS

Whites can now apply
    It's pretty sad that people are happy that this happened. But I think it was very sad. I don't see people getting up off their chair and applying at Monfort to do these jobs for us.

Tammy, Greeley

«Regarding the Caucasian people in Greeley: There will be jobs open now. They can stop complaining about not being able to find work because we Latinos are taking their jobs.

Mike, Greeley

ON IDENTITY THEFT

'Where's the concern?'
    Where is the concern for those people whose identities were stolen from those at Swift & Co.? Nothing has been said about those people who have suffered financially and emotionally.

Betsy, Greeley

ID victims are anguished
    The Swift plant won't run. That's due to illegal workers getting caught breaking the law. It's hard on the families since dads and moms won't have income or be there for Christmas. While sorrow for these people is bad, the single mother with two children in Ohio went through a lot of anguish getting her identity reinstated, problems getting financing, banking, insurance. Illegal workers ruined the children's Christmas with their unlawful acts.

Marvin, Greeley

«What about the people who have had their identity stolen? They are going through torture trying to clear their names and credit.

Jane, Evans

«I suggest that the Tribune, on the front page, show a photo of someone else teary-eyed and show the aftermath of identity theft. Those are the people we need to feel sorry for.

Bill, Windsor

It takes years to recover
    Congratulations to the officers on a job well done picking up those people using stolen identities. The Greeley Tribune ought to run a front-page story on somebody who's had their identity stolen and all the grief, hardship and financial burden that they've had to go through to restore credit and their identity and to clear their name.

Brad, Greeley

«We really need to consider the identity theft victim. I have been an identity theft victim and it takes years, if ever, to get everything worked out. I can't even check out a library book at the library. The person who stole my identity checked out books and never returned them. I have a $250 fine at the library.

Christine, Greeley

Citizenship equals rights
    Wake up. Greeley knew this ICE investigation was real. No one had any worries as long as they were U.S. citizens. Apply for U.S. citizenship, you will then have legal rights in the U.S.

Ann, Greeley

http://www.greeleytrib.com/article/2006 ... /112160092

The only thing I disagree with about the raids on Swift was the fact that not much of anything happened to the employers. I'm looking forward to the day that the employers get fined big-time for hiring these people to start with!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Your signature says it all :
    If the US Government won't punish employers who hire illegal workers, the US Citizens must!

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    The only thing I disagree with about the raids on Swift was the fact that not much of anything happened to the employers. I'm looking forward to the day that the employers get fined big-time for hiring these people to start with!
    It will change when the military is allowed to get involve because illegal immigration is a national security issue.

Things would change BIG if employers were picked up by the local Military Police and forced to stay in a brig for questioning for a week.

I think ICE should start raids with two levels. One to get the employees and one to get the people yelling at the fence. They can come up behind them and start processing them too.

Also, for the person foolish enough to think handcuffs are extreme. You need to go sit in criminal court sometime and listen to what people will do to cops, when they want to get away. That person is foolishly naive. The illegal aliens have noting to loose by running and everything to gain if they get away. I'd shackle them too.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Dixie wrote:
    The illegal aliens have noting to loose by running and everything to gain if they get away. I'd shackle them too.
    Absolutely!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by millere
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    It will change when the military is allowed to get involve because illegal immigration is a national security issue.

Things would change BIG if employers were picked up by the local Military Police and forced to stay in a brig for questioning for a week.

I'm afraid that the only time the Military is going to be allowed to get involved is AFTER the illegals and their employers have been given amnesty. And should it come to that, we will be reminded which side of this issue our goverment is on! For the 'good of the country', CIR laws WILL be enforced.

April
    A sad Christmas for kids
    There will be judgment and God is going to be the ultimate judge. Also, these kids whose parents were taken away will not be having a joyful Christmas and New Year.

Sylvia, Evans
    Yes ,God is going to be the ultimate Judge, Thank Goodness!! Christmas and New Years will be very bleak for the children of Americans murdered by Illegal Aliens. At least, the children of the illegals will be able to see their parents again.

JJ Wrote:
    I'm looking forward to the day that the employers get fined big-time for hiring these people to start with!
    JuniusJnr: your day has come read about this Co, in Ca. that was fined 4.7m

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... Id=6626823
    ------------------------

Me too Junius. I'm also a little peeved that ICE warned them in advance about the raids.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast