Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by andyt
    I'm not buying into white guilt and I don't feel that we have collectively wronged any person living today.
    I think that's a good attitude. I don't have any guilt. The Civil War ended 150 years ago and every one alive at the time is been long gone.

Everybody needs to quit digging up bones.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    My ancestors all have been northerners, although one on his way to Oregon sojourned in Texas for a while, and all were very much against slavery, so I do not feel a lick of guilt for several reasons.

1) My ancestors opposition to anyone being kept in bondage according to Biblical beliefs.

2) I have never myself, nor has anyone in my living family ever perpetrated a crime or even spoke in disparaging terms to anyone because of race.

3) I was not alive during any of the historical events of slavery!

This is where all Americans need to be, in the present, not the past.

The issue of people generalizing people due to their race is unfair. There are all sorts of dysfunctional and trashy people in this country, all shapes, sizes and colors. It has nothing to do with race, but to do with that particular persons "issues".

"Gringo" does not make me upset, because it means nothing to me personally. However when people want to start calling me by racist terms, but then call me a racist in return when I want illegal immigration stopped, that's when they will get my back up. They were the onse who started it all by crossing our borders illegally, then parading in our streets DEMANDING to be given citizenship, then call us names when we say as citizens "no".
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Over the years I have found that the word/s racist or racially motivated are terms that are over used and have out lived there usefulness and used by people or groups who exhausted all reasonable and intelligent information for debate.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

dragonfly I agree, but there is not intelligent argument to allow criminals and thieves to roam freely in our country, take jobs, take tax payer dollars and then demand we forgive them their trespasses as well, allow them to stay with us permanently in our home.

Seem's like anyone supporting that idea needs a lobotomy!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

PC run amok!

Well Preach! some good points,about US history, But please don't put those big DRAWERS! on my Granndchildren we're many years removed from slavery! Middle of this century Emancipation will be 2 hundred years!
    We all get called unflattering things,it's just life! Also in my mind Illegals have no standing we didn't ask them here. The old term WETBACK! still fits,be it from whatever country not just Mexicans. You can't break LAWS!
    and expect RESPECT!
    ************* PRO DEO &*PATRIA!********

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    dragonfly I agree, but there is not intelligent argument to allow criminals and thieves to roam freely in our country, take jobs, take tax payer dollars and then demand we forgive them their trespasses as well, allow them to stay with us permanently in our home.

Seem's like anyone supporting that idea needs a lobotomy!!
    I totally agree. But our goverment is determined to follow this politically correct path to destruction draging all of us kicking and screeming. I would gladly pay higher taxes to fund mass deportation and more prisons. I'd be happy if we would enforce the laws currently on the books.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

Me too dragonfly, I'd donate to that cause!!

But our goverment is determined to follow this politically correct path to destruction draging all of us kicking and screeming.
    It has nothing to do with policial correctness. The government is taking advantage of the conditioned guilt the word racists brings forth.

As for the civil war this is an enlightening document for those interested. (digusting regarding Lincoln quotes but interesting.) Nothing is ever what it seems.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/dilorenzo/dilorenzo32.html
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

In Dallas there's a resaurant called Kracker's. It serves Cajun food (I want to add that it's very good). I had no idea what a kracker was for the longest time until my husband told me. I don't know what color the owners are.

Quote Originally Posted by badthingsman
    Carlos Mencia, the hispanic comedian, says "R*****R" and he is telling a friendly joke to "his people".
    A white person says "R*****R" and it is a racist remark.
    Mods, why was this comment edited? I was quoting someone else. How can you edit a direct quote??

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234