Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GUESS THEY DON'T MEAN ANY HARM EITHER

This is a WorldNetDaily printer-friendly version of the article which follows.
    To view this item online, visit http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=50306

Sunday, May 21, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HOMELAND INSECURITY
    Saudis jump aboard Florida school bus
    Police try to determine intent: '1 of the guys was wearing shorts with a black trench coat'

Posted: May 21, 2006
    12:58 p.m. Eastern

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Saudi men arrested after jumping aboard public school bus in Tampa, Fla. (courtesy WTSP-TV)

TAMPA, Fla. – Local and federal authorities are trying to determine the real reason two Saudi men jumped aboard a local school bus on Friday, alarming students as well as education officials.

Mana Saleh Almanajam, 23, and Shaker Mohsen Alsidran, 20, were immediately taken into custody when the bus arrived at Wharton High School, and they are being charged with trespassing on school property, and are held without bail.

"Both defendants gave several versions of the reason they took a school bus to a high school," Hillsborough County sheriff's spokesman J.D. Callaway told the Tampa Tribune, noting the pair seemed cagey and evasive as they answered questions. "They said they wanted to go to Wharton to look around, and then they said they wanted to go there to have some fun, and then they said they wanted to enroll in the English classes there."

"We're not sure if this was a situation of them just being new to this country, or if they were confused or what it was," he continued. "We were unsure as to exactly what the final reason was, but it did cause great concern for the students on the bus and for us. One of the guys was wearing shorts with a black trench coat."

During their time on the bus, the men were reportedly speaking in Arabic, making funny sounds and laughing.

The FBI was notified, along with the sheriff's Homeland Security Division, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's Regional Domestic Security Task Force, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

"It sounds like a dry run for a Beslan type of terror attack in the U.S.," said one concerned WND reader. "I don't believe these guys."

Another reader, Dan Lakemper, said: "Someone should be asking why these guys went anywhere on the bus. Why was it not stopped and evacuated immediately, and police called then and there? Was the driver an imbecile? And a trench coat in Florida in mid-May? If my kid was on that bus I would hope he would have the sense to pull the emergency door as those bastards were getting on. Where is the emergency training in that district? Non-existent I'd say – which means the terrorists found out what they wanted to, and how."

Ahmed Bedier, director of the Central Florida Council on American-Islamic Relations, told the St. Petersburg Times the incident sounded like a cultural mixup.

"Obviously, if they had recently arrived here and they are from Saudi Arabia, they may not be familiar with American rules and laws," Bedier said. "They might have thought it was some kind of public transportation."

Sgt. Mike Klingebiel, a spokesman for the University of South Florida Police Department, said the two have been enrolled at the English Language Institute at USF since January, having come to America six months ago on student visas. He told the Times the men are taking the language classes to help them qualify to enroll as full-time college students.

END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

Saudis jumping on school bus.

Sounds like a dry run to check out how easy it would be to get onto a bus as a suicide bomber to me. Or am I getting paranoid?

My children would NO LONGER be riding the bus. NO matter what I had to do.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Sure sounds like it to me. That whole bus and all the kids could have been gone by the time it got to that school. That is what is scarry.
    But maybe our government just sees them as being interested in education Just wanting to get to "know" our kids.
    Was easy for them to get on it and ride all the way to the school, wasn't it?
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

Re: Saudis jumping on school bus.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouspat
    Sounds like a dry run to check out how easy it would be to get onto a bus as a suicide bomber to me. Or am I getting paranoid?

My children would NO LONGER be riding the bus. NO matter what I had to
    do.

I was thinking the same thing.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Please please please.... foreign terrorists (well, anyone, actually) do NOT attack, harm, kill American school kids!!!!

The outrage would be so intense that I believe it possible for ACTUAL war and not the present Vietnam-like police action in Iraq and Afghanistan to break out.

So many innocents would die.

But, when a country allows a foreign enemy to kill its children without SEVERE repercussions that country is doomed and invitinf the scum of the world to do as they will.

I hope the act of the dingalings was mere ignorance with no evil intent.

But, with the close economic ties between Bush and various mideastern entities..... I would not be surprised if Bush and company tried to downpaly an attack against commoner's kids.

But, the OUTRAGE over such an event could possibly force him to act strongly or Congress might interven or Bush may be ousted and a real man installed to replace his Vicente-Fox-provided-panty-wearing-derrier.

Ahmed Bedier, director of the Central Florida Council on American-Islamic Relations, told the St. Petersburg Times the incident sounded like a cultural mixup.
    YEAH, RIGHT! That bus driver should be fired and I certainly hope the parents of those children are up in arms over this.

Oh this is frightning! Are we supposed to ignor this now and pretend it's no big deal? Are we supposed to challenge our racist ideals and with open arms welcome these foreigners for boarding a school bus? Are we supposed to ignore the fact that they can't get their own story straight and beleive they are poor imigrants that can't tell the difference between a bright yellow bus full of children and a city bus? Please.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My question is what is going to happen when it's not a test run for them and it is the REAL THING? And that people is just around the corner from happening. How's Bush going to explain that to the American people when a bus load of innocent children gets blown to smitherines. Is he going to say
    "Well, we can't just round them all up and ship them back."
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

My question is what is going to happen when it's not a test run for them and it is the REAL THING? And that people is just around the corner from happening. How's Bush going to explain that to the American people when a bus load of innocent children gets blown to smitherines. Is he going to say
    "Well, we can't just round them all up and ship them back."

coz

That is very scarey. WTF was the bus driver doing? This just shows how you can't let your guard down and this can happen to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast