Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gun owner to Congress: 'I am not your servant'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Gun owner to Congress: 'I am not your servant'

By David Eldridge - The Washington Times
    January 5, 2013, 11:40AM

A Marine's defiant response to California Sen. Dianne Feinstein's proposal to tighten gun control in the wake of the Newtown school shooting has gone viral on the Internet.

An open letter from U.S. Marine Cpl. Joshua Brown, first posted on CNN last week, is trending on Facebook and Twitter and creating buzz on both left-leaning and conservative websites — from the Huffington Post to The Blaze.

The letter, titled "No ma'am" is addressed directly to the California Democrat:

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government's right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma'am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.

I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,
    Joshua Boston
Cpl,
    United States Marine Corps
    2004-2012

Gun owner to Congress: 'I am not your servant' - Washington Times
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Marine Who Penned Scathing Letter to Sen. Feinstein Says Anti-Gun Leftists Are Now Calling for His Death (Video)

Posted by Jim Hoft on Monday, January 7, 2013, 8:11

Cpl. Joshua Boston, the U.S. Marine who wrote a scathing letter to Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) over proposed new gun control legislation was on FOX and Friends this morning. Feinstein wants to outlaw 120 specifically-named firearms including certain semiautomatic rifles, handguns, and shotguns.

<font color="#333333"><span style="font-family: Verdana"><span style="font-family: inherit">
    Joshua Boston told FOX and Friends that Feinstein’s defense of her gun banning proposal is absurd.

“The idea that the rights of existing gun owners is strictly limited to hunting and sporting purposes is just absurd and has no basis in the Bill of Rights.”

Boston also said we need to look at the gun free zone laws that leave people defenseless. At the end of the interview Joshua Boston admitted that anti-gun leftists are calling for his death since his letter went viral.

Marine Who Penned Scathing Letter to Sen. Feinstein Says Anti-Gun Leftists Are Now Calling for His Death (Video) | The Gateway Pundit

Last edited by Newmexican; 01-07-2013 at 04:31 PM.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn