Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This guy deserves our praise

I just wrote to this guy (see bottom) he deserves our praise for speaking out.

[i]Article published January 20, 2006

Candidate’s remark rattles Democrats
    Senate contender Hackett stands by call in Toledo to deport illegal immigrants

Paul Hackett

By JIM TANKERSLEY
    BLADE POLITICS WRITER

U.S. Senate candidate Paul Hackett told a Toledo crowd this week that he’d deport all illegal immigrants if the national budget permitted, stirring another controversy over his candor â€â€
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Well.......I like his stand of illegal immigration, but there are some issues I have with his other thoughts. I am a conservative, so it is obvious. If he were in my state I probably would not vote for him though, although I admire the illegals issue.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have seen him interviewed several times and liked him very much but I have a serious problem with his stance on gay marriage. I would have a difficult time voting for him because of that and that's too bad because it does appear that, aside from that, he COULD APPEAL to Independents like me. I wish I hadn't learned that part!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

After reading the article and the comments...I've decided to change my name...in future I shall be known as Farr Right...

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

BUT, then we can't call you "RR"!! We'll have to call you "FR" and that sounds WAY TOO MUCH LIKE FREE REPUBLIC for my liking!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Tongue in cheek, Bootsie, tongue in cheek.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

I am going to give them a call today, as see just what is up. Since He lives here in the Cincy area.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

THANKS, RR!!! It's ENOUGH to have to put up with Y'ALL!!! MUCH WORSE if you reminded me of those CRAZIES OVER THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got off the Phone with Paul Hackett's Office. The Staffer, wasn't sure. But they are going to give me a call tonight. So I will find out more. I gave them a lot of Info on how the American Citizen see's Illegals. To my surprise. They wanted all I could give them over the Phone on the Impact of Illegals on the USA. I even told them I could stop by there office and give them the whole story of How the government has failed us. Both the RNC and DNC.
    Well, now is the waiting game. If I don't like what I hear tonight. Surprise, I will go to there office anyway. I will have to get busy, and do up a big chart to take with me. I don't want Dewine to have the Pleasure of Being a Senator or even a Dog Catcher.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

You rock, scub...

RR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast