Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Happy Texas Independence Day!!!

Just a reminder that on this day 174 years ago, the Unanimous Declaration of Independence made by the Delegates of the People of Texas in General Convention at the town of Washington on the 2nd day of March 1836.

My family was amoung the many who under Gen. Sam Houston fought to liberate the people of Texas from Mexico at The Battle of San Jacinto, on April 21, 1836. As we know, General Santa Anna's army was quickly defeated.

Of course all over the State of Texas not a word has been mentioned today. While we spend days and days making announcement for celebration of Cinco De Mayo, not a word about one of the greatest days in Texas history. Schools all over the USA take time May 5th to celebrate a Mexican holiday. Not one school in my area takes even a minute to remember all those who fought and died to give the people of Texas freedom from Mexico.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Washington-on-the-Brazos marks Texas independence

Associated Press - March 2, 2010 8:45 AM ET

WASHINGTON-ON-THE-BRAZOS, Texas (AP) - Welcome to Texas Independence Day -- going back to 1836.

It was 174 years ago, on March 2, that 59 delegates worked overnight to write the Texas Declaration of Independence during the Texas Revolution.

Texas declared it independence from Mexico.

The event happened at what's now Washington-on-the-Brazos State Park. The 293-acre state park held a weekend festival to help commemorate the signing of the declaration.

Families, re-enactors and historians gathered at the Bullock Amphitheater on Sunday to sing Happy Birthday to Texas.

http://www.kswo.com/Global/story.asp?S=12067647

On the Net:

http://www.birthplaceoftexas.com

I am afraid this needs to be done all over again, but not only in "reinactment" form! My sympathies especially to native Texans like bigtex, but also to other native-born U.S. citizens and legal immigrants, like many of the rest of us who live here. We all are watching this unchecked invasion from south of the border silently take place without any effective means discovered so far of stopping it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Happy Texas Independence Day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    Just a reminder that on this day 174 years ago, the Unanimous Declaration of Independence made by the Delegates of the People of Texas in General Convention at the town of Washington on the 2nd day of March 1836.

My family was amoung the many who under Gen. Sam Houston fought to liberate the people of Texas from Mexico at The Battle of San Jacinto, on April 21, 1836. As we know, General Santa Anna's army was quickly defeated.

Of course all over the State of Texas not a word has been mentioned today. While we spend days and days making announcement for celebration of Cinco De Mayo, not a word about one of the greatest days in Texas history. Schools all over the USA take time May 5th to celebrate a Mexican holiday. Not one school in my area takes even a minute to remember all those who fought and died to give the people of Texas freedom from Mexico.
    Happy Texas Independence Day, Texas! We love you! And bigtex, we thank you so much for the courage and vision of your ancestors. Once we get our country back, we should push for federal legislation that recognizes Texas Independence Day and bans the celebration of any holiday to celebrate anything related to a foreign nation in our public schools.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Happy Independence Day to the Big and Beautiful Lone Star State! A great Republic that was once the model for every other state in the Union.

Huzza! Huzza! Huzza!

Happy Independence Day Texas and my fellow Texans.

so cool

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Once we get our country back, we should push for federal legislation that recognizes Texas Independence Day and bans the celebration of any holiday to celebrate anything related to a foreign nation in our public schools.
    AMEN!!! I think those are some great ideas. It's high time Americans are allowed to celebrate being American. Let everyone else celebrate being anything else in another country.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Long Shall We Remember Our Proud History--And Take Nothing For Granted;

Thanks Big Tex

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtex

Happy Texas Independence Day, Texas! We love you! And bigtex, we thank you so much for the courage and vision of your ancestors. Once we get our country back, we should push for federal legislation that recognizes Texas Independence Day and bans the celebration of any holiday to celebrate anything related to a foreign nation in our public schools.
    Great idea Judy!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)