Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Harry Reid comments on Cspan saying No Dream this round?

Did anyone catch this?

We need to confirm this. I just got this in my email.

--

To all Americans who care about the future of this country,

Just moments ago on C-span, Senate majority Leader Harry Reid made a statement that we all better pay very close attention to. The battle over the Dream Act is still on !!!

Reid first praised Senator Dick Durbin for his dedication to passing the Dream Act. He then went on to promise that, while they were not able to attach it to the defense spending bill like they hoped, he would have this bill on the floor again before November 16th.

Once again:

Harry Reid just promised on national TV to renew his effort in the U.S. Senate to pass the Dream Act before November 16th.

It is time to get to work like never before. Start tonite!

PS. It has just recently been revealed that the Dream Act, as proposed, has no ending date on it.

It will go on forever!!

Danny

www.americanfreedomriders.com

---

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    I am so sick of this.... this is the never ending story..... ILLEGAL IMMIGRATON SUPPORTERS in the HOUSE and SENATE need to be charged with FRAUD, WASTE and ABUSE of the TAX PAYer's DOLLARS.

Republicans are folding like a cheap lawn chair... go after them folks. It doesnt matter of you are a Democrat, Republican or Independant ... go after these fools and get them out of office... we can argue politics later
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

W: I think the best answer is an official transcript from Reid's comments in the afternoon today.

I did catch this over at Michelle Malkin's site:

A user (also tuned in and monitoring CSpan2) post this comment - post by 'fiona':
    http://michellemalkin.com/2007/09/26/sh ... dream-act/

"Dingy Harry just said they are NOT able to get agreement to bring up the DREAM act on the defense bill. Dead for this month. He said he was still determined to bring up this bill before the middle of Nov."

MW
    Harry Reid just promised on national TV to renew his effort in the U.S. Senate to pass the Dream Act before November 16th.
    Yes, I personally heard him say he would do every thing he possibly could to ensure the Dream Act is considered before the Congress doors close in November. Basically he made the same promise on the Dream Act as he did Feinsteins AgJOB's bill. Of course as we know, it's being reported that the AgJOB program will be an amendment in the upcoming farm bill. Hopefully it'll turn out to be an empty promise, however, we certainly can't count on that (we're not that lucky).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re:
    He then went on to promise that, while they were not able to attach it to the defense spending bill like they hoped, he would have this bill on the floor again before November 16th.
    This tells me, that there are some senators that Durbin & Reid are thought to be persuadable to support the DA and are still 'courting', but as attached to the DoD Appropriations bill these same senators won't go for it.

Here's my 0.02 worth in the macro-view of things:

There are 3 groups of senators roughly on the issue:

1. Group of senators solidly against DA
    2. Group of senators solidly for, or sympathetic to the DA
    3. The true 'undecided' or 'wafflers'.

Group 1, is almost exclusively the more conservative faction of the Repub party - 'values' people. They likely, will not waver in the stance - no matter what - given what we know now. Present total: about 22.

Group 2. is mostly Dems, but not completely, and the majority of those comprise many party-line voting Demos (who'll basically follow the Sr. Senate Dem. Leaders over a cliff, if directed) and a small group of OBL / globalist Repubs senators (as Lugar, Hagel, Specter, etc). The Dems are probably not sway-able - especially on such a 'bleeding heart' type issue to the left-leaning folks. The Repubs have some degree of 'flex', but in the end, the ones that have voted 'open border's and non-enforcement will likely continue to hold to that pattern. Current group, about: 50

Group 3: This is where we make or break things. The true 'undecided' that have to migrate into Groups 1 or 2 eventually. Since most of these are Repubs, we stand a better chance of swaying them to group 1 position as most previously voted against amnesty last time. There are some Dems, and some of these should also be persuadable as they voted against amnesty too. Presently, this group number about 28-30, and we need to target this group intensely to get the needed 20 or so to prevent a successful cloture vote on the amendment.

Of course, the above is in the present context. If the DA were to be fielded as a stand-alone bill, well, then we basically get to repeat this here exercise all over again...

MW
    AirbornSapper7 wrote:

Republicans are folding like a cheap lawn chair...
    How so? It was lack of Republican support that stopped the Dream Act amendment from making it to the floor.

Feel free to attack individual amnesty supporting Republicans, however, you're doing our supporters an injustice by lumping all Republicans together on the issue of illegal immigration. I could give you a long list of Republicans in the U.S. Congress that have been with us from the beginning in this fight. Unfortunately though, the Democrat list would be extremely short. It's a well established fact that most of our friends in the House and Senate are Republicans.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Here is what Sen. Kyl said recently about immigration and the DA:

Immigration remains a divisive issue and although the major bill to rectify the problem went down to defeat this year, Kyl said there will be attempts to address immigration.

Some will be good attempts, such as ensuring funds are available to secure the border and to seek presidential support for keeping National Guard forces along the boundary, but others will be by Democrats to have things passed that will provide eventual citizenship to illegal immigrants.

Saying he supports much more aggressive enforcement to include a tamper proof Social Security cards that will help deter illegal immigrants from obtaining jobs, Kyl said the Democrats are setting their eyes on firing rifle shots.

Those shots may sound good, such as the proposed Dream Act, to allow citizenship for children of illegal immigrants who were brought into the nation when they were young, to include allowing them to have in-state college tuition Kyl remarked that is too liberal.

However, the senator has no problem with children smuggled in at a younger age being allowed to enlist in the military and upon successful completion of a tour being given a green card that could lead to citizenship.

One of the main stumbling blocks on the Democratic side is Sen. Ted Kennedy of Massachusetts, Kyl said.

He only wants opportunities for illegal immigrants to become citizens and if a bill doesn’t include the provision he will not support it, the Arizona Republican said.

When it comes to immigration, which is a main concern for many American people who live along the border with Mexico, now that the Republicans are not in control of Congress “we are winning the battles but losing the war,â€

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    How so? It was lack of Republican support that stopped the Dream Act amendment from making it to the floor. Feel free to attack individual amnesty supporting Republicans, however, you're doing our supporters an injustice by lumping all Republicans together on the issue of illegal immigration. I could give you a long list of Republicans in the U.S. Congress that have been with us from the beginning in this fight. Unfortunately though, the Democrat list would be extremely short. It's a well established fact that most of our friends in the House and Senate are Republicans.
    Not all republicans are, but enough are swaying to the left. This bill will come back up again soon only because many of the politicians want it removed from the Department of Defense bill... watch the bull fly in Nov. when Harry Reed brings this bill up again

I am a Conservative Republican and I give credit where credit is due ... until this party gets it's collective backside together I am going to continue pounding away... I am not a happy camper

The only reasons these bills keep coming back is because the Democrats see a chance of passing them because of the Presidents position as well as about a third of the Republicans in the House and Senate... until they take away any hope of them passing them the Dems will keep pushing and pushing until BINGO then the jackpot for the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT community will begin

More Republicans need to get involved; get active; get committed to saving our country.

They've done a great job at stopping amnesty legislation but they've done a terrible job stopping illegal immigration.

If Republicans in the White House had enforced US Immigration Law, there wouldn't be any illegal aliens in the country that would want amnesty and there wouldn't be any amnesty legislation to work against.

I'm a Republican that's been upset with this President because he has let us all down by ignoring enforcement, something only he is responsible for, that created the environment for amnesty legislation. In fact he brought up the Guest Worker Program in the 2004 campaign.

Republicans are united and doing all the work to save our country, that is a fact about which there is no doubt, but it gets lost in the mill with an Executive Branch that not only refuses to enforce our laws that schemes and plans ways to deliberately circumvent them.

And that's just plain wrong in my book and we need to make a correction of that wrong.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The GOP as to go back to its roots, he added.
    Here's our next problem. The conservative roots run deep into agricultural states. I don't think AgJobs will be stopped. We'll lose a good portion of Phred's Group 1 above and the influence they have to pull some of Group 3 along will simply not be applied. We're going to have to give our guys something to take home on Ag to get their continued support on the rest of amnesty. This is my take from communicating with this states legislators who remain unwavering on the need for workers. However, they won't need any workers to be citizens or chosen from the present bunch of invaders.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast