Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Harry Reid dupe sets up Sharron Angle

Just breaking on Cavuto

I don't have all the details but this is clearly a set up to hurt her

Please, post if you get more details

Banned
    This guy is clearly a Reid dupe

He got tipped by John Ralston who is a huge Reid supporter

Your posts assumes the rest of us are watching TV. What is going on?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    William

What I got out of this report was
    There is a 3rd Tea party candidate running in Nevada , he is the "tea party candidate" but what he is is a dupe for Reid

He is making claims that Angle is just another rino

He is the only candidate for " hope and change" (a dead give away)

He is only polling 1 percent so its no big deal

I don't think he can hurt Angle , Nevada has had enough of Reid

----------------------------------
    Just Fyi
    I just had a culinary union worker come to my door , barely spoke English and he was stumping for Reid ,
    Made my day to blast this idiot and send him on his way

Banned
    A tape recording was made of Angle asking this lout to drop out of the race

She said since he was only polling 1% what was the use?

this guy has made the tape public at the behast of John Ralston (lib reporter in Vegas)
    A raving Reid supporter

Article about this--

Sharron Angle Offers Access to Senate Bigwigs if Third-Party Candidate Quits

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-214304.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Found this video of tea party express outing him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajT9IgL7SG8

April
    Candidate's secret tape recording 'for my own protection'
    Posted: October 4th, 2010 05:45 PM ET

CNN National Political Correspondent

(CNN) – Nevada Tea Party candidate Scott Ashjian says he taped his meeting with Sharron Angle "for my own protection."

The recording of the meeting is at the center of a new controversy for Republican Senate nominee in Nevada who is in a heated contest with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. Ashjian is a third party candidate trailing in the polls.

"I thought it was a set-up, so naturally I recorded it," Ashjian tells CNN adding "I recorded it because I realized every time I've had a meeting the truth gets distorted and the facts don't come out. It was never my intention to release the tape. I didn't do it till three days later when my friends said have you heard reports saying you're an egotistical whack job? So I said no problem here's the truth knock yourself out."

He gave the tape to his campaign manager to turn over to Jon Ralston, Las Vegas Sun political reporter and dean of the Nevada political press corps. The subsequent coverage highlighted Angle's pressuring of Ashjian to drop out of the race.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/04/c ... rotection/

Banned
    Ralston is a raving lib and Reid supporter

He has been running Angle hit pieces from day one

Thanks April

April
    Nevada GOP Senate nominee trashes party on tape

By MICHAEL R. BLOOD (AP) – 43 minutes ago

In a secretly taped recording, Republican Senate candidate Sharron Angle badmouths the GOP establishment and wheedles a minor-party candidate to support her campaign, offering help opening doors in Washington if she's elected.

The roughly made recording offers an unvarnished look into back-room politics, with tea party favorite Angle alternately nudging and cajoling candidate Scott Ashjian, whose support could be crucial in her bid to oust Majority Leader Harry Reid.

"I'm not sure you can win and I'm not sure I can win if you're hurting my chance, and that's the part that scares me," Angle says on the recording obtained by the Las Vegas Sun newspaper.

Angle is a tea party favorite with a history of breaking from the GOP ranks — in the state Senate, she was known for casting lone, dissenting votes on bills. She defeated the party's preferred candidate, Sue Lowden, in a come-from-behind victory in the June primary.

At one point she laments that the GOP leadership has "lost their standards, they've lost their principles." She refers derisively to "that good old boy thing" and depicts herself as an underdog David fighting Goliath — the constricting machinery of the national party. She tells Ashjian she wants the GOP leadership "to leave me alone," confident she knows how to defeat Reid.

Ashjian says that since 2001, he has considered Democrats and the GOP interchangeable.

"They are all thieves." Angle adds, "It's really been since 1991."

She later assures him she can use her "juice" to arrange meetings with GOP leaders, including South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.

Apparently unimpressed, Ashjian replies he can make those calls on his own. He never gives Angle his blessing, though he says he likes her and points out they share conservative values.

Angle's campaign did not dispute the tape's authenticity and said she was expressing the frustrations experienced by Nevada working families who want "blunt, plainspoken leaders who are willing to shake things up."

Reid's campaign said the recording shows Angle is attempting to "peddle her access" for political gain.

Ashjian did not return calls seeking comment.

The newspaper did not disclose the source of the tape. It surfaced at an awkward time for Angle — the political arm of the Senate GOP is holding a fundraiser for her Wednesday in Washington.

Ashjian is the nominee of the Tea Party of Nevada, a shadowy group formed this year that has been denounced by local tea party leaders. A lawsuit sought to knock him off the ballot.

The fear for Angle in the dead-heat race with Reid is that Ashjian will lure tea party support away from her. There are several minor-party candidates on the ballot — a recent poll showed Ashjian with just 1 percent support — and Nevada voters can also choose "none of these candidates."

On the tape, Ashjian complains his reputation has been unjustly damaged in the campaign. He grumbles about the Tea Party Express, a national political committee that ran ads earlier this year questioning his credentials and supporting Angle.

Disclosures of Angle's closed-door dealings with Ashjian could tarnish her image as a conservative outsider who wants to upend Washington — she sometimes refers to the Democratic incumbent as "let's make a deal" Reid. But her lacerating comments about the GOP also speak to her maverick credentials, which could be appealing to some independent voters while turning off GOP loyalists.

University of Nevada, Las Vegas, political scientist Ted G. Jelen said Angle's comments might dampen enthusiasm for her, since the privately recorded talks make her sound like a conventional politician maneuvering outside public view.

Reid is known for his ability to cut deals in Congress, and "Sharron's claim to the Senate seat is that she is not Harry Reid," Jelen said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... =D9IL4M3O0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast