Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Harry Reid emails me

I emailed him this morning, telling him I was furious the Democrats were aligning themselves with the ACLU and La Raza, told him the ACLU was the most Anti-American and Anti-Christian org. there was and they should be ashamed of themselves.....

Also told him American citizens were not being represented by elected politicians, and they worked for us..not a bunch of illegals or special interest groups....here's his answer...odd, he never answered me before.

Thank you for contacting me to express your views about Senate legislation to stop illegal immigration. I appreciate hearing from you.

On May 25, 2006, the Senate passed S. 2611, a comprehensive immigration reform measure, by a vote of 62 - 36; I supported passage of this legislation. While I am strongly opposed to illegal immigration and believe that our immigration laws should be strictly enforced, there is near-universal agreement that our system is broken and in need of reform. We need to know who is in our country and who is crossing our borders. Everyone who comes into the United States must be screened. Every worker must have legal authorization to work. Reform will allow us to focus our resources on criminals, terrorists, and those who wish to do us harm.

I believe that in order to secure the border, we must address the reasons that compel immigrants to come to the United States illegally. For example, many believe that there are insufficient channels for workers to come here legally to work or to join immediate family and that we will be unable to stop illegal immigration unless we rectify these problems. S. 2611 offers a realistic, workable approach to these problems while achieving border security and providing for strict workplace enforcement.

Among other measures, S. 2611 would double the size of the Border Patrol; create a virtual fence through the use of technology like underground sensors, cameras, and drones; construct fences along vulnerable sectors of the border; and expand anti-smuggling efforts. With respect to workplace enforcement, the bill includes increased penalties for unscrupulous employers who hire undocumented workers and an improved work authorization verification system.

It would also create a temporary worker program to try to shift the illegal flow of immigrants across the border into legal channels and would seek to eliminate the long backlogs faced by people attempting to immigrate here legally through close family members. Finally, it would create incentives for the estimated 11 million immigrants illegally in the United States to come out of the shadows and register with the government. If they meet certain eligibility requirements, these immigrants would be eligible to earn legalized status in the United States if they work for several years, pay large fines and fees, pass a criminal background check, pay taxes, and study English and U.S. civics.

Unfortunately, the House and Senate were unable to reach a compromise on immigration legislation during the 109th Congress, but I hope that the President and Congress will work together to enact comprehensive immigration reform during the 110th.

Please be assured that I have noted your views and suggestions about immigration reform. I understand how important this issue is important to many Nevadans. We may not agree on how to fix this complicated problem, but I hope you know that I have kept the wide range of views expressed by my constituents in mind while working on this expansive and important bill.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. For more information about my work for Nevada, my role in the United States Senate Leadership, or to subscribe to regular e-mail updates on the issues that interest you, please visit my Web site at http://reid.senate.gov. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

My best wishes to you.

Sincerely,

HARRY REID

I WILL email him again!

Here's what I just emailed him..and I was pretty mad!

Sir,
    I received your email defending yourself on illegal immigration.

S2611 does nothing for America or American workers, it does help the illegals and business, as well as the ACLU, other Unions, etc.

You see, we Americans are not stupid! You lay down with groups like La Raza and the ACLU, and you will get up with a bad case of losing votes!

You can use one word to sum up your actions, busnesses actions, the ACLU's actions...GREED!

You scummy politicians want votes and money, business wants cheap labor, and do not tell me Americans won't do certain jobs....when a chicken plant was raided by ICE, those jobs were filled by the homeless and newly released prisoners...when Swift Meats was raided there were applicants lined out the door for those jobs.

No one should be allowed to become an American citizen by paying a fine or pick certain years to pay back taxes! They use fradulent ID's anyway! Let them rip off your S.S. number, how would you like that?

These illegals have said they don't want to be citizens, why should they, when they get paid under the table and pay nothing but sales tax?

Maybe we American citizens should stop paying taxes, because we sure aren't getting representation!

The Democratic Party is not for the American worker, you are out for yourselves, you all are a bunch on pathetic con men!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Bravo Moosetracks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    Bravo Moosetracks!!!
    I was soooo mad when I was typing! I cannot contain myself any longer, when I write them!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

It is great that you wrote him a second time. I sincerely believe that politicians think we aren't paying attention, so they do what they want. They need to figure out that we aren't playing around, and that they need to do their jobs. Great job!

This is the same letter I always get from my elected officials. I would bet they have quite the large database of "standard" reply templates. Its a worthless letter full of double talk!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

there is near-universal agreement that our system is broken and in need of reform
    BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH---received "replies" for similar letters!

The government consists of a gang of men exactly like you and me. They have, taking one with another, no special talent for the business of government; they have only a talent for getting and holding office.

H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
    Title 8,U.S.C.§1324 prohibits alien smuggling,conspiracy,aiding and
    abetting!

Now THAT was a good reply moosetracks ... remind me to never cross you... :P
    "One Flag ... One Language ... ONE COUNTRY"....... Teddy Roosevelt

JAK
    Good for you MT.

Although they are all so "dead" and their hearts are seared... I'm sure it didn't phase him!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Neese Wrote:
    It is great that you wrote him a second time. I sincerely believe that politicians think we aren't paying attention, so they do what they want. They need to figure out that we aren't playing around, and that they need to do their jobs. Great job!
    Harry Ried (Dingey Harry) is criticize daly by Rush Limbaugh. So he know that the public is aware of his every move.

Moosetracks,
    Very impressive. I can understand how you felt. that`s the way to go, hold back no puches.
    Let me tell you what I`ve learned to do, I`m still amazed how well it works.
    Everyone should try this.
    When I`m pissed off at an elected official, newspapers editors or anyone for that matter. what I do is, sit down and type out a letter in fhe exact words that I`m feeling at the time. Then I put that letter aside or in "save as draft" and leave it until I cool off, ( you will cool off after typing out your feelings).
    Then I come back(1or2hrs) and edit the letter into polite words, when I say "polite" I mean, once your cooled down, you still feel the same but with more common sense and you will come up with polite words and phrases that mean the same but are more "cut throat" and straight to the point than insults. I was really surprised how easy it was.
    ------------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast