Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Has anyone else noticed

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Has anyone else noticed

That we don't get a vote anymore? That our government has been making major decisions that will impact our future and the future of our kids and we never get to vote on anything? We have no say, other than to call , email, or fax our lawmakers.

This is wrong

Banned
    And even calling and emailing is no longer working. It works at the state level to a certain extent, but at the federal level? Good luck with that! The only people who have a say are those at the top with the big money. They gave us Romney and Obama and we have to pick from these two pathetic choices whether we like it or not... yea never in a million years!

I'll tell you what though. If the voters could get together, pool our meager wages/salaries together, and hire the best damn lobbyist or form a SuperPAC, we'd have the complete power to pick OUR candidate and win the presidency. The candidate would work for the voters.

All clear signs of government out of control we've been moving in this direction for years and with large portions of the public apathetic it will continue until we are all against the wall then and only then will it begin to change.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

So sad to see our revered political system fall into chaos beneath a ruling party of aristocrats that could care less for the lives of the people of America.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by googler View Post
    And even calling and emailing is no longer working. It works at the state level to a certain extent, but at the federal level? Good luck with that! The only people who have a say are those at the top with the big money. They gave us Romney and Obama and we have to pick from these two pathetic choices whether we like it or not... yea never in a million years!

I'll tell you what though. If the voters could get together, pool our meager wages/salaries together, and hire the best damn lobbyist or form a SuperPAC, we'd have the complete power to pick OUR candidate and win the presidency. The candidate would work for the voters.

It stopped working a long time ago our letters, calls and complaints have fallen on deaf ears for years it is not recent...even in the local elections they only listen when they are running for office once elected ...they could care less...but oh my they all want money constantly....

They have sold themselves to the highest bidder and until we the people make them responsible for what they have done it, I mean really responsible, it will not change....they pass laws to protect themselves against us...is it too late...you tell me!!!!

In Nov. California gets to vote on:

Proposition 30: Temporary Taxes to Fund Education. Guaranteed Local Public Safety Funding. Initiative Constitutional Amendment.

Proposition 31: State Budget. State and Local Government. Initiative Constitutional Amendment and Statute.

Proposition 32: Prohibits Political Contributions by Payroll Deduction. Prohibitions on Contributions to Candidates. Initiative Statute.

Proposition 33: Changes Law to Allow Auto Insurance Companies to Set Prices Based on a Driver's History of Insurance Coverage. Initiative Statute.

Proposition 34: Death Penalty Repeal. Initiative Statute.

Proposition 35: Human Trafficking. Penalties. Sex Offender Registration. Initiative Statute.

Proposition 36: Three Strikes Law. Sentencing for Repeat Felony Offenders. Initiative Statute.

Proposition 37: Genetically Engineered Foods. Mandatory Labeling. Initiative Statute.

Proposition 38: Tax for Education and Early Childhood Programs. Initiative Statute.

Proposition 39: Tax Treatment for Multistate Businesses. Clean Energy and Energy Efficiency Funding. Initiative Statute.

Proposition 40: Redistricting. State Senate Districts. Referendum.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by kathyet View Post
    It stopped working a long time ago our letters, calls and complaints have fallen on deaf ears for years it is not recent...even in the local elections they only listen when they are running for office once elected ...they could care less...but oh my they all want money constantly....

They have sold themselves to the highest bidder and until we the people make them responsible for what they have done it, I mean really responsible, it will not change....they pass laws to protect themselves against us...is it too late...you tell me!!!!
    I believe term limits would really help this. I used to oppose term limits because I figured people should elect whomever they wanted to represent them, but now I see that political power corrupts even those with good intentions, and that people will vote to return someone to office no matter what, so I have changed my mind. Term limits for Congress and State Assemblies will keep anyone from gaining so much power like Harry Reid in Congress, and a couple of folks I could name here in NC!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by imblest View Post
    I believe term limits would really help this. I used to oppose term limits because I figured people should elect whomever they wanted to represent them, but now I see that political power corrupts even those with good intentions, and that people will vote to return someone to office no matter what, so I have changed my mind. Term limits for Congress and State Assemblies will keep anyone from gaining so much power like Harry Reid in Congress, and a couple of folks I could name here in NC!
    Not only that. We need to reform campaign financing. The wealthy donors and SuperPACs pump boat loads of cash into their preferred candidates leaving out those that want to look out for the average Joe out to dry. Joe does not have the means, especially in this economy, to compete with the wealth donors so he's left to pick and choose from the options handed to him by those at the top. And so every election day he's delegated to voting for the "lesser of two evils", rinse and repeat.