Thread: Hate Mail?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hate Mail?

I don't know how many of you are regular listeners to the execrable, pro-illegal, anti-American radio program known as "Latino USA," which is broadcast from NPR affiliate KCRW-out in Mexifornia-but I make it a point to listen to each nauseating minute of that show went it rolls around at six in the morning each Sunday like clockwork.

Midway through today's episode Maria Hin-hoser-misspelling intentional on my part-she lamented all of the "hate mail" she's received for daring to speak out about the plight of those poor, persecuted illegals.

Whether or not she's being truthful-my own view is that she probably received one or two genuine e-mails that were derogatory in a personal way, or which contained perceived ethnic slurs-the point is that she used this to launch into an eminently reasonable audio bite by a listener who complained that she was conflating legal immigration-which no one is denouncing-and illegal entry into this country, which is a criminal offense each subsequent time it is attempted by a foreigner.

Of course, she said this was a legitimate point, but because there were so many ties between "undocumented migrants" and "illegal immigrants"-another misnomer intentionally introduced into this discussion by the open borders lobby-it was simply too difficult to make a clear delineation between the two.

Something tells me that Maria deserves another load of non-hate messages.

Anyone up for it?

Here's the specs,

http://www.latinousa.org/contact/index.html

Phone & Fax
    Main number: 512-471-1817
    Main fax: 512-475-6873
    Production/Editorial Staff: 512-471-6178
    Listener line: 1-800-535-5533

Email Addresses

General/Listener E-Mail: lusa@npr.org
    Senior Producer: Alex Avila
    Technical Producer: Walter Morgan
    Corporate sponsorship: Patty Olwell
    Marketing: Sylvia Carson

For additional staff members go to Latino USA Staff Directory.

U.S. Mailing Address

Latino USA
    1 University Station A0704
    2609 University Avenue
    Suite 3.108
    Austin, TX 78712
    lusa@npr.org
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

"undocumented migrants" and "illegal immigrants"

Six of one: half dozen of the other.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We've all read many comments after articles/video/blogs/etc... on immigration. Most of them are by solidly angry Americans. I bet she's focusing on a handful of those that always go over the top. I agree with you. They DO not represent the majority. We are against any person who enters or stays in our country without the proper documentation or invitation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A brief biography,

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... Id=2100638

[quote]Award-winning journalist and author Maria Hinojosa is managing editor and host of Latino USA. In addition to hosting each week’s show, Hinojosa is the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award -winning PBS newsmagazine NOW.

Before joining NOW, Hinojosa was the urban affairs correspondent for CNN. Prior to joining CNN, Hinojosa spent six years as a New York-based correspondent for National Public Radio. During this time, she also hosted Visiones, a public affairs talk show on WNBC-TV in New York.

In 1991, Hinojosa worked for WNYC-TV as the host of New York Hotline, a live, primetime call-in public affairs show, and in 1990 worked for WNYC Radio as a general assignment correspondent.

From 1988 to 1989, Hinojosa served as a producer and researcher for CBS This Morning, and in 1987 worked for CBS Radio as a producer. Among the shows she produced for CBS Radio: Where We Stand with Walter Cronkite, The Osgood File and Newsbreak.

Throughout her career, Hinojosa has garnered several awards and honors. Three times since 1995, Hispanic Business Magazine has named her one of the 100 most influential Latinos in the United States. In 1995, Hinojosa received the Robert F. Kennedy award for "Manhood Behind Bars," a story for NPR, which documented how jail has become a right of passage for men of all races. In 1993, she received both the National Association of Hispanic Journalists Radio Award and the New York Society of Professional Journalists Deadline Award for her NPR report, "Kids and Guns." In 1991, she won a Unity Award and the Top Story of the Year Award from the National Association of Hispanic Journalists for her NPR story on gang members entitled Crews. Also in 1991, Hinojosa won an Associated Press award for her coverage of Mandela for WNYC Radio.

In addition, Hinojosa authored the book Crews: Gang Members Talk with Maria Hinojosa (1995), which was based on her award-winning NPR report. Her second book, Raising Raul: Adventures Raising Myself and My Son, a motherhood memoir about raising a Latino child in a multicultural society, was published by Viking-Penguin in 2000. In 1999, Working Mothers Magazine named Hinojosa one of the 25 “Most Influential Working Mothers.â€
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!

Re: Hate Mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Shapka
    I don't know how many of you are regular listeners to the execrable, pro-illegal, anti-American radio program known as "Latino USA,"
    No, I have never heard of them, and if they are about promoting open borders, I will not listen to them.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

I didn't catch that one (don't even know if our local affiliate carries the syndication of that one...).

On a related note, I was driving down the road 2 days ago and managed to catch a program aired on one of our 'progressive / quasi-public' local urban stations. They had a program by a host (co-host, I believe) Juan Gonzalez and had an interview about the Presidential race - specifically, the Democratic candidates Obama vs. Clinton. During the program the host interviewed 2 guests: Federico Pena (former Transportation Sec under BillyBob Clinton) and Dolores Huerta. During the interview, the host posed a question to Huerta who then ignored it, and when on to rag on Obama for his failure to meet with Elvira Arellano in Chicago when she was holed up at the 'sanctuary [criminal] church'. To Mr. Pena's credit, he called Huerta's rant for what it was... I got a good chuckle out of that...(I do love the infighting between various factions of the OBL crowd, yes, no, yes, no - hehehehe!)