Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

20 years ago things were very different to me. I lived in Texas for 8 years in the 70's and 80's. There were many hispanic people who I worked with and people I knew as friends. Some of their family roots in the US went back further than mine did. While many continued to observe hispanic holidays, preferred food from south of the border and maintained other connections with their cultural heritage the bottom line is that I believe they saw themselves as Americans and were committed to this country.
    The largely hispanic illegal aliens who come here today bear no resemblance at all to the hispanic Americans who were already here many years ago. I live near a large sanctuary city that has been called the next LA by one of the leaders of our movement and it is true. Our schools and hospitals have been in trouble for decades, they are now simply being overrun and on the verge of collapse. Crime is up, i have to worry about the security of my children. I hate having to tell them that if they want the car or your wallet or cellphone just hand it over. What kind of life is this? Our government refuses to protect us for fear of offending one of the ethnic advocacy groups and the average citizen's quality of life suffers because of this. I cannot wait to get away. All I want is to live with others who are either American citizens or in the country legally. I pray that in a few more years there will be a place like that left for us to go to.

In my whole life, I have never thought badly of any group of people. It didn't matter to me if they were purple with green polka dots.

However, having hispanics and their demands CONSTANTLY being crammed down my throat, I'm beginning to feel differently towards them.

Seeing the dumbing down of education, the closing of hospitals, the way cities and towns are being trashed by these (people), having to watch citizens hurting while the ILLEGAL ALIENS get benefits they shouldn't be getting, seeing them marching on our streets with their middle fingers extended, dragging our flag through the dirt, burning it, flying it upside down, disrespecting all that have died for it, reading article after article after article on the rapes, murders, etc, of citizens, their stealing of citizens SS # and completely ruining them, and the list just goes on and on.

And these are the people with family values???????? NOT!!!!

I think you KNOW my opinion.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Divide and conquer, they are succeeding.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHead
    You're certainly not about that. You do indeed simply have an issue towards illegal aliens of any race, but if you read through some of the posts, certainly not all, you get a sense that many foster an ill attitude toward any Hispanic they come across including yourself simply because of this very issue. It gets the blood boiling I understand. I'm simply saying that you must be stronger than that. If I can do it so can you. I'm not going to all of a sudden distance myself from a nice young women I see walking down my path wearing a head scarf just because of this whole terrorism issue. You on the other hand are free to distance yourself or bite your lip in anger simply at the sight of her if you want, as you say, it's freedom of speech. Ok so it's any groups right to see anti-illegal groups as racists even if that's not the case, it's freedom of speech.

Far too many Hispanic citizens have aligned themselves with the illegal aliens and that is part of the problem. We all know what that is about. It is about ethnocentric racism. They are aligning themselves with illegal foreigners ethnically like themselves instead of standing shoulder to shoulder with their fellow American citizens against those violating our immigration laws and causing Americans a lot of grief. Now do you understand? Unfortunately loyal Hispanic citizens can get caught up in this contempt and it isn't fair but those who are siding with the illegals are to blame for that.

Far too many Hispanic citizens have aligned themselves with the illegal aliens and that is part of the problem. We all know what that is about. It is about ethnocentric racism. They are aligning themselves with illegal foreigners ethnically like themselves instead of standing shoulder to shoulder with their fellow American citizens against those violating our immigration laws and causing Americans a lot of grief. Now do you understand? Unfortunately loyal Hispanic citizens can get caught up in this contempt and it isn't fair but those who are siding with the illegals are to blame for that.
    This is so true. In the past I never questioned color or surname. I have had friends of all colors and races. When I went to the election booth, I never put any thought into what nationality a candidates last name was. Now through what I see happening this has changed. I see too much ethnocentric racism. It makes me feel both deceived and sad. It is like what I was brought up to believe was all a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHead
    t gets the blood boiling I understand. I'm simply saying that you must be stronger than that. If I can do it so can you. I'm not going to all of a sudden distance myself from a nice young women I see walking down my path wearing a head scarf just because of this whole terrorism issue.
    I don't think a lot of the illegal aliens entering this country share your values of tolerance and open-mindedness, Coolhead. Your values come from the belief that one should respect his or her neighbor. I happen to agree with your belief.

Illegal aliens, by their very actions, violate this idea. They undermine the rule of law (a society cannot exist without respect for it) and their presence consumes finite resources, like classrooms, computer labs, ER waiting rooms, spots at the university, etc. Behavior is far more revealing than words, and illegals show by their behavior that they care very little about the well-being of America or Americans. They and their supporters have also shown through various pressure groups, calls of racism, intellectual bullying, the threat of physical violence (ex. Columbia Univ.), and numerous rallies that they have little tolerance for the average American's concerns. Quid pro quo, buddy. Their actions display very little open-mindedness to considering "the other" - namely, legal American citizens who obey the law.

Because we now shun any form of assimilation as oppressive, YOUR values of tolerance and open-mindedness are at risk. We share a long, contiguous, and largely undefended border with Mexico. Because of the physical proximity of Mexico and America, and the difference in standard of living, it's a statistical fact that we will see more illegal aliens from Mexico. If there is distrust between American and the Hispanic community, its deepest root lies in geographic reality. Are there cultural differences between Mexico and America? That is the question. And if there are differences, shouldn't we want people coming to this country subscribing to the beliefs that have made us the great nation that we are? Illegal aliens disregard all this from the start.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

If I had a few crickets in the back yard it may be kind pleasant, bird songs, wind in the pines, crickets chirping.

But if 30,000,000 crickets showed up I would come to despise all things cricket related. Would that make me a racist?

I used to love going to Cinco de Mayo once a year, tasting the food and experiencing the culture, having a few cervasas but all I have to do is open the front door to my house and Cinco de Mayo going on right outside every day, all day. Walking into B of A is like going through a portal to Mexico, same with winchels donuts, Home Depot, etc., etc.

Illegal immigration is the most rousing issue in my life but I still smile at people if I catch their eye in passing if their Asian, black, white even Hispanic.
    Just as I smiled at two Hispanic guys I saw at a neighbors house (unbeknownst to me at the time they were Mexican nationals who were selling pot to him) who returned my smile with a dead glare. Later that night, tools that it took 25 years to collect and were being used for self employment were stolen by these two, there was an eye witness.

This country wasn't built for Hispanics only, it was the great melting pot the brought us this far, it has turned into a salad bowl where the ingredients don't mix. Illegal immigration is the most divisive and destructive movement to ever hit American soil.

Turning America into yet ANOTHER Hispanic nation is contrary to everything that made this country great.

Very good post everyone, thanks for sharing.

I used to want to go to Mexico when I was younger, In fact I used to want to travel many places in the world. I used to think of traveling during retirement, my wife and I but now why travel? We wanted to go meet people in their lands and then come back to America and our way of life that we used to love so dearly. But now, whats the point in traveling, those people are here trying to take over my country. Even though My wife and I had thought about traveling to exotic places we would never think about staying there, especially breaking the law to do it, even if we could make 10 times the money. No, we're Americans, and we want to live in America. And one day soon this fiasco will come to an end one way or another. WE ARE WINNING, GOOD JOB EVERYONE!!!!!!
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chexfive
    Very good post everyone, thanks for sharing.
    Yes, good posts indeed.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234