Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

S3622

One of my locals received this letter from Mr. Cornyn

From: SenateWebmail@cornyn.senate.gov [mailto:SenateWebmail@cornyn.senate.gov]
    Sent: Friday, August 18, 2006 8:24 AM
    To: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Subject: Thank You...

Dear XXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for contacting me about S. 3622, the North American Investment Fund. I appreciate having the benefit of your comments on this matter.

A significant development gap exists between Mexico, the United States, and Canada. To bridge this gap, I introduced the North American Investment Fund which, I believe, will help ensure the long-term competitiveness of North America and the economic prosperity of all three countries.

This legislation would offer incentives encouraging Mexico to strengthen its economic development and secure its borders. This is an important effort, because the porous U.S.-Mexican border poses a serious risk to U.S. national security, and border security is an integral part of national security. However, we have not devoted the funds, resources, or manpower required to fully enforce our immigration laws or protect our borders.

Congress moved toward fulfilling these responsibilities, on July 13, 2006, when the Senate unanimously passed the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act of 2007 (H.R. 5441). I supported this act because I believe the federal government is obligated to adequately secure the nation's borders and prevent the flow of undocumented illegal persons into the United States. I am hopeful that the funds appropriated in this legislation will bolster border patrol and local law enforcement agencies’ ability to fulfill federal responsibility in this area. However, Mexico must also enforce its laws and secure its side of the border.

The North American Investment Fund does not authorize expenditure of a single U.S. taxpayer dollar unless Mexico meets stringent standards set forth in the legislation. The standards are set very high because Mexico must, to effect long-term growth, implement internal reforms that reduce corruption and bribery, battle drug gangs, and eliminate the monopolies that have prevented economic progress. No funding would be made available to Mexico unless that nation effectively implemented these fundamental reforms. Indeed, Mexico’s problems cannot be resolved by the U.S; they must be addressed by Mexicans.

Though I introduced this legislation and it has been referred to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee for consideration, I have been informed that S. 3622 will not be considered by either this committee or the full Senate before the close of the 109th Congress. During the remainder of this Congress, the Senate’s most pressing responsibility remains fixing the broken American immigration system and enhancing national security.

I appreciate having the opportunity to represent the interests of Texans in the United States Senate. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN
    United States Senator

517 Hart Senate Office Building
    Washington, DC 20510
    Tel: (202) 224-2934
    Fax: (202) 228-2856
    http://www.cornyn.senate.gov

Please sign up for my monthly newsletter at http://www.cornyn.senate.gov/newsletter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looks like he will try it again with the 110th or the 111th Congress

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'll bet more of this kind of thing will start happening very soon. They (politicians) know they are going to lose their jobs and are scrambling to shove in as much of their agenda as they can while they still can.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

The plans they have for us are now plain before our very eyes...
    Knowledge is Power Power corrupts Study hard Be Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Ladydrake
    I'll bet more of this kind of thing will start happening very soon. They (politicians) know they are going to lose their jobs and are scrambling to shove in as much of their agenda as they can while they still can.
    Ladydrake, I think you are absolutely rigth. They will go all out after Nov. because the ones that lost seats will have nothing to loose.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It'll be interesting to see how fast they can move with the approximate 6 weeks (until Nov. 1) they have left.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

We all know how ate up the Senate is about catering to Mexico. Maybe we can get the House to oppose the bill. This buiding of ports in Mexico at the expense of the American taxpayer is a perfect example of how the rich, like the Waltons, benefit from facilities that only they will use, not the taxpayer, paid by the taxpayer. I say, if the rich in this country want to circumvent our west coast to avoid the Teamsters and the Longshoreman Unions' wages, then they should be paying for it, not us taxpayers. The Senate and the House should tell them that.

Besides, with our government cooking its own books, not revealing what we really owe to our lending countries, we don't need more spending. We owe tens of trillions of dollars to our lenders with the intrest on top of that. Our government has NO BUSINESS doing something like that for another nation, or for the rich in this country. Not while we owe out so much money. If this bill passes, it will show a complete disregard of fiscal responsibility. In light of the illegal immigrant and amnesty issue and this ports issue, why would Congress and our President be so willing to please Mexico and/or the rich of this country...only one word comes to my head...Is our government being Blackmailed?

It's getting to the point where we need another Boston Tea party. But this time instead of tea, we should dump these politicians into the Potomac.

Isn't this just another clear example of "Taxation without Representation?" Why in the world are we paying taxes, when these traitors are no longer representing "we the people?"

Maybe it's time we put our heads together and think outside the box. Get creative like the colonists did when they dumped all that tea into Boston harbor.

Maybe it is time to tell our dear Senators and Congressmen, if they choose to go against the will of the american people we will choose to not pay any more taxes for them to play with like this.We need to tell them what are you going to do about it put us all in jail? Perhaps we should have a good old burning of our old income tax files, and immidiately stop paying the IRS withoulding taxes each payday as most of us choose to do! Let them go the rest of the year wtih no monthly or weekly or bi-weekly taxes paid by American citizens who choose not to pay their taxes this way anymore. I believe we do have the right to pay these at the end of the year if we choose to, right? It is not required to pay taxes every pay check is it? Writing, faxing, emails, are they really making a ding in their decisions? Maybe we need to start telling them, we feel they are all Manchurian candidates in our emails, would they get the message then? I doubt it! I am sick of them, I no longer feel we have the best government in the world!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Heads Up! New Senate bill just introduced

Go to http://foreign.senate.gov/about.html to read the membership of
    the U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, to which this bill has
    been referred, and weep. The Committee's membership comprises most,
    if not all, of the originial co-sponsors of Cornyn's almost identical S. 2941!

Please read the demands from illegals to Congress and Senate
    __________________________________________________ ___________
    The Republican National Hispanic Assembly

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/web ... id=8490551

Tell your Representative to Support Comprehensive Reform.
    We need a conference committee to pass reform now!
    [/b]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234